- The report contains detailed information about Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V business.
About Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V
Fomento Economico Mexicano, S.A.B. de C.V, through its subsidiaries, operates as a beverage company in Latin America.
The company conducts its operations through the following principal holding companies: Coca-Cola FEMSA, S.A.B. de C.V. and subsidiaries (Coca-Cola FEMSA), which engages in the production, distribution and marketing of soft drinks; FEMSA Cerveza, S.A. de C.V. and subsidiaries (FEMSA Cerveza), which engages in the production, distribution and marketing of beer; and FEMSA Comercio, S.A. de C.V. (FEMSA Comercio), which operates convenience stores.
Coca-Cola FEMSA is a bottler of Coca-Cola trademark beverages in Latin America and worldwide. Coca-Cola FEMSA operates in the following territories: Mexico a substantial portion of central Mexico (including Mexico City) and southeast Mexico (including the Gulf region); Central America Guatemala (Guatemala City and surrounding areas), Nicaragua (nationwide), Costa Rica (nationwide) and Panama (nationwide); Colombia; Venezuela nationwide; Argentina Buenos Aires and surrounding areas; and Brazil the area of greater Sao Paulo, Campinas, Santos, the state of Mato Grosso do Sul, the state of Minas Gerais and part of the state of Goias.
Coca-Cola FEMSAs Products
Coca-Cola FEMSA produces, markets, and distributes Coca-Cola trademark beverages, proprietary brands and brands licensed from it. The Coca-Cola trademark beverages include: sparkling beverages (colas and flavored sparkling beverages); water; and still beverages (including juice drinks, ready-to-drink teas and isotonics). Coca-Cola FEMSAs primary brand is Coca-Cola and its line extensions include Coca-Cola light and Coca-Cola Zero. Its other brands include Ciel, Fanta, Sprite, Lift, and Fresca.
Coca-Cola FEMSA purchases its returnable plastic bottles from Continental PET Technologies de Mexico, S.A. de C.V, a subsidiary of Continental Can, Inc., which has been the supplier of returnable plastic bottles to The Coca-Cola Company and its bottlers in Mexico. Coca-Cola FEMSA purchases resin primarily from Arteva Specialties, S. de R.L. de C.V. and Industrias Voridian, S.A. de C.V., which distributes non-returnable plastic bottles manufactured by ALPLA Fábrica de Plásticos, S.A. de C.V., known as ALPLA. Coca-Cola FEMSA mainly purchases sugar from Promotora Mexicana de Embotelladoras, S.A. de C.V., known as PROMESA, a cooperative of Coca-Cola bottlers, in which it holds a 5.0% equity interest. Coca-Cola FEMSA buys glass bottles from one supplier, Productos de Vidrio, S.A. Coca-Cola FEMSA purchases plastic non-returnable bottles from ALPLA de Venezuela, S.A. Coca-Cola FEMSA purchases pre-formed plastic ingots, as well as returnable plastic bottles from Embotelladora del Atlántico S.A., a local subsidiary of Embotelladora Andina S.A.
In May 2008, Coca-Cola FEMSA completed its acquisition of the Refrigerantes Minas Gerais Ltda. (REMIL) in Brazil. In July 2008, Coca-Cola FEMSA acquired Agua de los Angeles, S.A. de C.V., a jug water business in the Valley of Mexico. In February 2009, Coca-Cola FEMSA completed the transaction with Bavaria, a subsidiary of SABMiller, to jointly acquire with The Coca-Cola Company the Brisa bottled water business (including the Brisa brand).
Mexico: Coca-Cola FEMSAs principal competitors in Mexico are bottlers of Pepsi products. In central Mexico, Coca-Cola FEMSA competes with a subsidiary of The Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG), the bottler of Pepsi products globally, and Grupo Embotelladores Unidos, S.A.B. de C.V., the Pepsi bottler in central and southeast Mexico. Coca-Cola FEMSAs main competition in the juice category in Mexico is Jumex, a juice producer. In the water category, Coca-Cola FEMSAs main competitor is Bonafont, a water brand owned by Danone. In addition, Coca-Cola FEMSA competes with Cadbury Schweppes and with other national and regional brands in its Mexican territories.
Central America: In the countries that comprise its Central America region, Coca-Cola FEMSAs main competitors are Pepsi bottlers. In Guatemala and Nicaragua, it competes against a joint venture between Companhia de Bebid
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FOMENTO ECONóMICO MEXICANO, S.A.B DE C.V COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FOMENTO ECONóMICO MEXICANO, S.A.B DE C.V BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FOMENTO ECONóMICO MEXICANO, S.A.B DE C.V SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FOMENTO ECONóMICO MEXICANO, S.A.B DE C.V FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FOMENTO ECONóMICO MEXICANO, S.A.B DE C.V COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V Industry Position Analysis
6. FOMENTO ECONóMICO MEXICANO, S.A.B DE C.V NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FOMENTO ECONóMICO MEXICANO, S.A.B DE C.V EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FOMENTO ECONóMICO MEXICANO, S.A.B DE C.V ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. MEXICO PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FOMENTO ECONóMICO MEXICANO, S.A.B DE C.V IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FOMENTO ECONóMICO MEXICANO, S.A.B DE C.V PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FOMENTO ECONóMICO MEXICANO, S.A.B DE C.V VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V Major Shareholders
Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V History
Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V Offices and Representations
Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V Capital Market Snapshot
Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V 1-year Stock Charts
Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V 5-year Stock Charts
Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B de C.V Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?