- The report contains detailed information about Dole Food Company Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Dole Food Company Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Dole Food Company Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Dole Food Company Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Dole Food Company Inc. business.
About Dole Food Company Inc.
Dole Food Company, Inc. engages in the production and marketing of fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, and packaged foods.
The company has three business segments: Fresh Fruit; Fresh Vegetables; and Packaged Foods.
FRESH FRUIT SEGMENT
The Fresh Fruit Segment contains various operating divisions that produce and market fresh fruit to wholesale, retail, and institutional customers worldwide. The segment has four primary operating divisions: Bananas, European Ripening and Distribution, Fresh Pineapples, and Dole Chile.
Bananas: The company produces and sells bananas under the DOLE brand. It primarily sells bananas to customers in North America, Europe, and Asia. In Latin America, the company sources its bananas primarily in Honduras, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Colombia, Guatemala, and Peru, growing on approximately 35,600 acres of company-owned farms and approximately 80,000 acres of independent producers farms. In Asia, the company sources its bananas primarily in the Philippines.
European Ripening and Distribution: The companys European Ripening and Distribution business distributes DOLE and non-DOLE branded fresh produce in Europe. This business operates 24 ripening and distribution centers in eight countries, predominantly in western Europe.
Fresh Pineapples: The company grows and sells fresh pineapples. It sources its pineapples primarily from Dole-operated farms and independent growers in Latin America, Hawaii, the Philippines, and Thailand. The company produces and sells different varieties, including the sweet yellow pineapple. It markets sweet yellow pineapple under the DOLE TROPICAL GOLD label. Varieties of pineapple other than the sweet pineapples are also used in its packaged products.
Dole Chile: The company is an exporter of Chilean fruit. It exports grapes, apples, pears, stone fruit (peaches and plums), and kiwifruit from approximately 600 primarily leased acres and 12,300 contracted acres. It primarily exports Chilean fruit to North America, Latin America, and Europe.
The Fresh Vegetables segment produces and markets fresh-packed and value-added vegetables to wholesale, retail, and institutional customers, primarily in North America, Europe, and Asia. The company sources fresh vegetables from Dole-owned, leased and contracted farms. Its value-added products are produced in processing facilities in Yuma, Arizona, Soledad, California, Springfield, Ohio, and Bessemer City, North Carolina. Under arrangements with independent growers, the company purchases fresh produce at the time of harvest and are generally responsible for harvesting, packing and shipping the product to its central cooling and distribution facilities.
Fresh-packed Vegetables: The company sources, harvests, cools, distributes, and markets approximately 20 different types of fresh and fresh-cut vegetables, including iceberg lettuce, red and green leaf lettuce, romaine lettuce, butter lettuce, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, brussels sprouts, green onions, asparagus, snow peas, and artichokes, as well as fresh strawberries. The company sells its fresh-packed vegetables products primarily in North America, Asia, and western Europe. In North America, the company supplies iceberg lettuce, celery and cauliflower, and produces strawberries.
Value-Added: The companys value-added vegetable products include packaged salads and packaged fresh-cut vegetables.
The Packaged Foods segment produces canned pineapple, canned pineapple juice, fruit juice concentrate, fruit in plastic cups, jars and pouches, fruit parfaits, snack foods, and frozen fruit. Fruit for its packaged food products is sourced primarily in the Philippines, Thailand, the United States and China and packed primarily in four Asian canneries, two in Thailand and two in the Philippines.
The company's primary products are FRUIT BOWLS products. New product introductions include WILDLY NUTRITIOUS and Ready Cut fruit blends, which offer targeted health benefits, as well as its Sliced Strawberries, which meet the need for consumer convenience.
The company has significant product sourcing and related operations in Chile, China, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Honduras, the Philippines, South Africa, Spain, Thailand, and the United States. Its Doles fresh fruit and packaged products are primarily marketed in Canada, Western Europe, Japan, and the United States. It products are also marketed in Australia, China, Hong Kong, New Zealand, South Korea, and other countries in Asia, Europe, and Central and South America.
The companys major customers are global and regional mass merchandisers and supermarkets.
The companys principal competitors in the international banana business are Chiquita Brands International, Inc. and Fresh Del Monte Produce, Inc. Its principal competitors in the European ripening and distribution business are Total Produce Plc and Univeg. The companys primary competitor in fresh pineapples is Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc.
The companys primary competitors in fresh-packed vegetables category include Tanimura & Antle; Duda Farm Fresh Foods; Ocean Mist Farms; the Nunes Company, Inc.; and Driscoll Strawberry Associates, Inc. Its primary competitors in packaged salads include Chiquita Brands International, Inc. (which markets Fresh Express); Ready Pac Produce, Inc.; and Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc.
Dole Food Company, Inc. was founded in 1851.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DOLE FOOD COMPANY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DOLE FOOD COMPANY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DOLE FOOD COMPANY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DOLE FOOD COMPANY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DOLE FOOD COMPANY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Dole Food Company Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Dole Food Company Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Dole Food Company Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Dole Food Company Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Dole Food Company Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DOLE FOOD COMPANY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DOLE FOOD COMPANY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DOLE FOOD COMPANY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DOLE FOOD COMPANY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DOLE FOOD COMPANY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DOLE FOOD COMPANY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Dole Food Company Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Dole Food Company Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Dole Food Company Inc. Major Shareholders
Dole Food Company Inc. History
Dole Food Company Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Dole Food Company Inc. Offices and Representations
Dole Food Company Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Dole Food Company Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Dole Food Company Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Dole Food Company Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Dole Food Company Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Dole Food Company Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Dole Food Company Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Dole Food Company Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Dole Food Company Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Dole Food Company Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Dole Food Company Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Dole Food Company Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?