- The report contains detailed information about Diageo plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Diageo plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Diageo plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Diageo plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Diageo plc business.
About Diageo plc
Diageo plc engages in the production and distribution of spirits, beer, and wine internationally.
The company engages in a range of activities within the beverage alcohol industry, with products sold in approximately 180 markets worldwide. Its operations include producing, distilling, brewing, bottling, packaging, distributing, developing, and marketing a range of brands. The company markets a range of beverage alcohol brands, including various spirits and beer brands.
The company's principal agency brand is Jose Cuervo in North America. It also brews and sells other companies' beer brands under license, including Budweiser and Carlsberg lagers in Ireland, Heineken lager in Jamaica, and Tiger beer in Malaysia. Its global priority brands include Johnnie Walker scotch whiskies; Smirnoff vodka and Smirnoff ready to drink products; Baileys Original Irish Cream liqueur; Captain Morgan rum and rum based products; Jose Cuervo tequila (agency brand in North America and many other markets); JeB scotch whisky; Tanqueray gin; and Guinness stout. Johnnie Walker scotch whiskies comprise Johnnie Walker Red Label, Johnnie Walker Black Label, and various other brand variants.
The companys other spirits brands include Crown Royal Canadian whisky; Buchanan's scotch whisky; Ketel One vodka (worldwide distribution rights); Windsor Premier scotch whisky; Gordon's gin and vodka; Old Parr scotch whisky; Seagram's 7 Crown whiskey and Seagram's VO whisky; Cacique rum; Bundaberg rum; Bell's scotch whisky; The Classic Malts scotch whiskies; Ciroc vodka; White Horse scotch whisky; Don Julio tequila; and Bushmills Irish whiskey.
The companys other beer brands include Malta Guinness non-alcoholic malt; Harp lager; Tusker lager; Smithwick' sale; Senator lager; and Red Stripe lager. Its wine brands include Blossom Hill; Sterling Vineyards; Beaulieu Vineyard; Chalone Vineyard; Navarro Correas; Rosenblum Cellars; and Santa Rita.
The company markets and distributes its brands through four regions: North America, Europe, International, and the Asia Pacific. The North American business area comprises the United States and Canada. The European business area comprises Great Britain, Ireland, Iberia, northern Europe, southern Europe, Russia, and eastern Europe. The International region is made up of three distinct business units: Latin America and the Caribbean (including Mexico), Africa and Global Travel, and the Middle East (GTME). The Asia Pacific region comprises India, the People's Republic of China, South Korea, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, and other Asian markets, Australia and New Zealand.
The companys glass bottles supplier is Owens Illinois group. It has a supply agreement with Casa Cuervo SA de CV, a Mexican company, for the supply of bulk tequila used to make the Jose Cuervo line of tequilas and tequila drinks in the United States.
The company has a supply agreement with Destileria Serralles Inc, a Puerto Rican corporation, for the supply of rum used to make the Captain Morgan line of rums and rum drinks in the United States.
In June 2010, the company acquired a further 28.75% stake in London Group, owner of the Nuvo brand. This increased its equity stake in London Group to 71.25%.
In spirits, the companys major global competitors include Pernod Ricard, Bacardi, Fortune Brands, and Brown-Forman. In beer, it competes globally, as well as on a regional and local basis with various competitors, including AB InBev, Heineken, SABMiller, Coors Brewing (Carling), and Carlsberg.
Diageo plc was founded in 1886.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DIAGEO PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DIAGEO PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DIAGEO PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DIAGEO PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DIAGEO PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Diageo plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Diageo plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Diageo plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Diageo plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Diageo plc Industry Position Analysis
6. DIAGEO PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DIAGEO PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DIAGEO PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DIAGEO PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DIAGEO PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DIAGEO PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Diageo plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Diageo plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Diageo plc Major Shareholders
Diageo plc History
Diageo plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Diageo plc Offices and Representations
Diageo plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Diageo plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Diageo plc Capital Market Snapshot
Diageo plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Diageo plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Diageo plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Diageo plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Diageo plc 1-year Stock Charts
Diageo plc 5-year Stock Charts
Diageo plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Diageo plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Diageo plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?