- The report contains detailed information about Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. business.
About Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A.
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. operates as a beverage company in Chile and Argentina. The companys beer and soft drink products include a range of proprietary, licensed and imported brands.
The company's line of beers in Chile includes a range of super-premium, premium, medium-priced and brands, which are primarily marketed under seven different proprietary brands and two brand extensions. In addition, it is the producer and distributor in Chile of Heineken beer, the distributor in Chile of imported Budweiser beer and the local producer and importer of Paulaner beer. The company also produces, under licenses Austral beer and distributes brands. It is the producer and distributor in Argentina of Heineken brand beer and the distributor in Argentina of imported Corona, Negra Modelo, Paulaner and Guinness beer brands.
The company and Anheuser-Busch have 95.9% and 4.1%, respective interests, in its Argentine subsidiary, CCU Argentina. It produces, bottles and distributes Paulaner beer under license from Paulaner Brauerei AG, which is controlled by the BrauHolding International GmbH Group, a joint venture between Heineken and the Schorghuber Group.
The company has a license agreement with Cervecería Austral S.A. for the production of the Austral brand by its beer division.
Suppliers: The company purchases all of the glass bottles used in packaging its beer from the major national glass supplier in Chile, Cristalerías Chile S.A. under one-year agreements. During 2008, all of its requirements for aluminum cans were purchased from a local supplier, Rexam Chile S.A.
Competition: The companys principal competitor in the beer business is Cervecería Chile (a subsidiary of Anheuser Busch InBev).
Beer Business in Argentina
The company has a joint venture agreement pursuant to which Anheuser-Busch acquired a 4.4% interest in CCU Argentina. The agreement involved two kinds of contracts: an investment and a licensing contract.
The company purchases all of its glass bottles from the major national glass supplier in Argentina, Rigolleau/Cattorini, and from Saint Gobain in Brazil. During 2008, all of its requirements for aluminum cans were purchased from a local supplier, Rexam Argentina S.A.
Competition: The company's competitors include AmBev-Quilmes, Warsteiner, and Galicia.
Non-Alcoholic Beverage Business
The company produces and sells carbonated soft drink, mineral water, purified water, nectar, sports and energy drinks and tea products in Chile, including its proprietary brands and brands produced under license from PepsiCo, Schweppes Holdings Ltd., Promarca and Nestle Chile S.A. Its line of soft drink products included its own proprietary brands, in addition to brands produced under license from Cadbury Schweppes plc. (Crush, Crush Light, Canada Dry Agua Tónica, Canada Dry Agua Tónica Light, Canada Dry Ginger Ale, Canada Dry Ginger Ale Light, Canada Dry Limón Soda and Canada Dry Limon Soda Light) and from PepsiCo (Pepsi, Pepsi Light, 7Up and 7Up light).
In 2008, the company introduced Nestle Pure Life, a purified water. The company also produces, bottles and/or distributes sports drinks (Gatorade and imported Propel) and tea (Lipton) under the license of PepsiCo and its own brand energy drinks (Kem Extreme) as well as PepsiCos licenced one (imported SoBe Adrenaline Rush).
Competition in Chile: The companys principal competitors in the soft drink business are companies, which produce, bottle and distribute soft drinks in Chile under licenses from The Coca-Cola Company and its affiliates. Its main competitor in the mineral water business is Vital S.A. (a subsidiary of Embotelladora Andina S.A., one of The Coca-Cola Company licensees in Chile).
The company has a 50.01% interest in Vina San Pedro Tarapaca S.A. (VSPT), which produces and markets a range of wine products for both the domestic and export markets.
Suppliers: In 2008, approximately 90% of the wine used in domestic sales was purchased from ten local producers: Corretajes Torres y Cía. Ltda., Agrícola y Comercial Bodegas Las Mercedes Ltda., CPCh, Exportadora de Mostos y Vinos Jucosol Ltda, Vinos Don Marci
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COMPANIA CERVECERIAS UNIDAS S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COMPANIA CERVECERIAS UNIDAS S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COMPANIA CERVECERIAS UNIDAS S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COMPANIA CERVECERIAS UNIDAS S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COMPANIA CERVECERIAS UNIDAS S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. COMPANIA CERVECERIAS UNIDAS S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COMPANIA CERVECERIAS UNIDAS S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COMPANIA CERVECERIAS UNIDAS S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHILE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COMPANIA CERVECERIAS UNIDAS S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COMPANIA CERVECERIAS UNIDAS S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COMPANIA CERVECERIAS UNIDAS S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. Major Shareholders
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. History
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. Offices and Representations
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?