- The report contains detailed information about B&G Foods Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for B&G Foods Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The B&G Foods Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes B&G Foods Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of B&G Foods Inc. business.
About B&G Foods Inc.
B&G Foods, Inc. engages in the manufacture, sale and distribution of a portfolio of shelf-stable food products in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The companys products include hot cereals, fruit spreads, canned meats and beans, spices, seasonings, marinades, hot sauces, wine vinegar, maple syrup, molasses, salad dressings, Mexican-style sauces, taco shells and kits, salsas, pickles, peppers, and other specialty food products.
The company distributes its products throughout the United States through a nationwide network of independent brokers and distributors to supermarket chains, food service outlets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, non-food outlets, and specialty food distributors.
Products and Markets
The Ortega: The Ortega brand and its products span the shelf-stable Mexican food segment, including taco shells, tortillas, seasonings, dinner kits, taco sauces, peppers, refried beans, salsas, and related food products. The company offers the Ortega whole grain corn taco shells and Ortega reduced sodium taco seasoning.
The Maple Grove Farms of Vermont: The Maple Grove Farms of Vermont brand is a brand of maple syrup in the United States. Other products under the Maple Grove Farms of Vermont label include a line of gourmet salad dressings, sugar free syrups, marinades, fruit syrups, confections, pancake mixes, and organic products.
The Cream of Wheat: The Cream of Wheat brand is a hot cereals brand in the United States. Cream of Wheat is available in original 10-minute, 21/2 minute, and one-minute versions, and also in instant packets of original and other flavors, including Cinnamon Swirl and Maple Brown Sugar. The company also offers Cream of Rice, a rice-based hot cereal. It offers a whole grain version of original Cream of Wheat, which provides consumers with a good source of fiber. During 2009, the company introduced a Healthy Grain version of instant Cream of Wheat, which provides consumers with a source of fiber and a good source of protein.
The Polaner brand comprises various fruit-based spreads, as well as jarred wet spices, such as chopped garlic and oregano. Polaner All Fruit is a national brand of fruit-juice sweetened fruit spread. The spreads are available in dozen flavors.
The Bloch & Guggenheimer (B&G) brand consists of shelf-stable pickles, peppers, relishes, olives, and other related specialty items.
The Las Palmas brand primarily includes authentic Mexican enchilada sauce, chili sauce, and various pepper products.
The B&M brand is the brand of brick-oven baked beans. The B&M line includes various baked beans and brown bread.
The Underwood brand includes deviled ham, white-meat chicken, white-meat turkey, roast beef, and liverwurst.
The Ac'cent brand is generally used on beef, poultry, fish, and vegetables.
The company offers a line of pasta sauces, seasonings, cooking stocks, mustards, salsas, pepper sauces, and cooking sprays under the Emeril's brand name.
The Trappey's brand products fall into two major categories: peppers and hot sauces, including Trappey's Red Devil.
The Joan of Arc brand includes a range of canned beans, including kidney, chili, and other beans.
The Grandma's brand of molasses is the brand of molasses sold in the United States. Grandma's molasses products are offered in two distinct styles: Grandma's Original Molasses and Grandma's Robust Molasses.
The Regina brand includes vinegars and cooking wines. Regina products are most commonly used in the preparation of salad dressings, as well as in various recipe applications, including sauces, marinades, and soups.
The Wright's brand is an all-natural seasoning that reproduces the flavor and aroma of pit smoking in meats, chicken, and fish. Wright's is offered in two flavors: Hickory and Mesquite.
The Sa-són brand is a flavor enhancer used primarily for Puerto Rican and Hispanic food preparation. The product is generally used on beef, poultry, fish, and vegetables. The brand's flavor enhancer is offered in four flavors: Original, Coriander and Achiote, Garlic and Onion, and Tomato. The company introduced reduced sodium versions of Sa-són.
The Brer Rabbit brand offers mild and full-flavored molasses products and a blackstrap molasses product. Mild molasses is designed for table use and full-flavored molasses is typically used in baking, barbeque sauces, and as a breakfast syrup.
The company offers maple-flavored syrup under the brand name. Vermont Maid syrup is available in regular, sugar-free, and sugar-free butter varieties.
The companys major customers include Wal-Mart and C&S Wholesale Grocery.
Ortega products compete primarily with the Old El Paso and Taco Bell brands. Cream of Wheat products compete primarily with the Quaker hot cereal brand. The companys most significant competitors for its pickle and pepper products are Vlasic and Mt. Olive branded products. Smucker's is the main competitor for its fruit spread products marketed under the Polaner label. The companys Maple Grove Farms of Vermont pure maple syrup competes directly with the SpringTree brand in the pure maple syrup category. The companys B&M and Joan of Arc products compete primarily with Bush's brand products. The companys Vermont Maid syrup products have a number of competitors in the general pancake syrup market, including Aunt Jemima, Mrs. Butterworth's and Log Cabin.
The company was founded in 1996 under the name B Companies Holdings Corp. and changed its name to B&G Foods Holdings Corp. in 1997. Later, it changed its name to B&G Foods, Inc. in 2004.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. B&G FOODS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. B&G FOODS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. B&G FOODS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. B&G FOODS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. B&G FOODS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. B&G Foods Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of B&G Foods Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of B&G Foods Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. B&G Foods Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. B&G Foods Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. B&G FOODS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. B&G FOODS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. B&G FOODS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. B&G FOODS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. B&G FOODS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. B&G FOODS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
B&G Foods Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
B&G Foods Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
B&G Foods Inc. Major Shareholders
B&G Foods Inc. History
B&G Foods Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
B&G Foods Inc. Offices and Representations
B&G Foods Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
B&G Foods Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
B&G Foods Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
B&G Foods Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
B&G Foods Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
B&G Foods Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
B&G Foods Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
B&G Foods Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
B&G Foods Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
B&G Foods Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
B&G Foods Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
B&G Foods Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?