- The report contains detailed information about Astral Foods Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Astral Foods Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Astral Foods Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Astral Foods Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Astral Foods Ltd. business.
About Astral Foods Ltd.
Astral Foods Limited operates as a food company in South Africa. The company has main activities in animal feed, animal feed pre-mix, broiler genetics, broiler operations, and the production and sale of day-old broilers and hatching eggs.
The company has 11 feed mills in Southern Africa to produce and distribute a range of specialized products for all commercially farmed animal species. The South African operations consist of mills located in Randfontein, Delmas, Welkom, Paarl, Port Elizabeth, Pietermaritzburg, Ladismith and a speciality mill in Richmond. The African operations consist of a feed mill in Lusaka (Zambia), a 33% shareholding in a feed mill in Port Louis (Mauritius) and an 80% shareholding in an operation in Maputo (Mozambique).
Animal Feed Premix
NuTec Southern Africa (Pty) Limited, a 50% joint venture with Provimi Holdings based in Holland, manufactures and markets vitamin and mineral premixes for animal feed, as well as a range of feed additives and commodity and speciality raw materials.
Central Analytical Laboratories analyses feed and water samples for feed manufacturers and for the agricultural sector.
NVS Biocare is involved in the marketing, sale and technical service of animal healthcare products, and manufactures and markets a range of speciality detergents and disinfectants focused on both the animal health and food processing industries.
Ross Poultry Breeders (Pty) Limited is the distributor and supplier of both Ross 788 and 308 parent stock to the South African broiler industry. The company has a technology agreement with Aviagen Limited, a multi-national company which holds the worldwide proprietary rights to the Ross brand. The company has entered into an agreement with Aviagen Limited for the rights to the International Ross 308 broiler/ breeder. Aviagen Limited has a 10% shareholding in the company.
Elite Breeding Farms is a joint venture between Country Bird Holdings Limited and Astral Operations Limited, in which Astral Operations Limited holds an 82% interest. The joint venture supplies parent stock to National Chicks and County Fair Foods only.
Integrated Broiler Operations
The company has three fully integrated broiler production, processing, distribution, sales and marketing operations. The combined production capacity of these three operations totals 3.75 million processed broilers per week.
Both Earlybird Olifantsfontein and County Fair Foods market and distribute a range of fresh and frozen poultry products whereas Earlybird Standertons primary products are in the form of individually quick frozen (IQF) products.
County Fair Foods and Earlybird market and distribute a range of value added products comprising frozen reformed filled products, ready to eat chicken products and a range of emulsified products.
Day-Old Broiler and Hatching
The National Chicks division conducts business as a day-old chick and hatching egg supplier to the Astral integrated broiler operations and the independent non-integrated broiler producers in South Africa, Swaziland and Mozambique.
The company has a 50% interest in East Balt South Africa. East Balt South Africa bakes hamburger buns, English muffins, Kaiser rolls and other sandwich carriers, primarily for selling to fast food outlets in South Africa.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ASTRAL FOODS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ASTRAL FOODS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ASTRAL FOODS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ASTRAL FOODS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ASTRAL FOODS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Astral Foods Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Astral Foods Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Astral Foods Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Astral Foods Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Astral Foods Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. ASTRAL FOODS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ASTRAL FOODS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ASTRAL FOODS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH AFRICA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ASTRAL FOODS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ASTRAL FOODS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ASTRAL FOODS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Astral Foods Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Astral Foods Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Astral Foods Ltd. Major Shareholders
Astral Foods Ltd. History
Astral Foods Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Astral Foods Ltd. Offices and Representations
Astral Foods Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Astral Foods Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Astral Foods Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Astral Foods Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Astral Foods Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Astral Foods Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Astral Foods Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Astral Foods Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Astral Foods Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Astral Foods Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Astral Foods Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Astral Foods Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?