- The report contains detailed information about American Lorain Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for American Lorain Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The American Lorain Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes American Lorain Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of American Lorain Corporation business.
About American Lorain Corporation
American Lorain Corporation operates as a food manufacturing company in China. The company develops, manufacture, and sells the following types of food products: chestnut products, convenience foods (including ready-to-cook, or RTC, foods, ready-to-eat, or RTE, foods and meals ready-to-eat, or MRE); and frozen food products.
The companys products are sold in 26 provinces and administrative regions in China and 42 foreign countries. It has limited sales and marketing activity in the United States.
The companys products are categorized into the following three segments: Chestnut products, Convenience food products, and Frozen food products.
The companys products in 2009 included its aerated open-bottom chestnuts, which are chestnuts packaged with nitrogen; sweetheart chestnuts, which are sweet preserved chestnuts; chestnuts in syrup; and golden chestnut kernels. The majority of its chestnut products are natural and do not contain chemical additives.
The companys convenience food products are characterized as follows: Ready-to-cook, or RTC, food products; Ready-to-eat, or RTE, food products; and Meals ready-to-eat, or MRE, food products. RTCs can be served after a few easy cooking procedures. Typically, when preparing a RTC, customers need only to heat the food in a microwave or boil it for several minutes before eating. The companys RTCs in 2009 were beef and lamb products.
RTEs can be served without any cooking. The companys main RTEs in 2009 were various pickle products. Other RTEs include spiced belt fish, cherry tomato, spicy pork fillet, pork and egg roll, pears and pineapples.
MREs are meal kits with self-heating devices. The companys MREs are used in both military and civilian uses, such as camping, traveling and other situations in which a person does not have access to traditional cooking supplies and equipment, such as a stove or microwave. In 2009, the company also introduced to market new MRE products that are microwaveable and used by people who do not have time or means to cook or to eat at a restaurant.
The company produces various MREs based on Chinese cuisine, which were its pork with garlic sauce over rice and kungpao chicken with rice. Other MREs are based on other styles of food, such as Italian cuisine. Many of its convenience products are natural and do not contain chemical additives.
The company produced 117 convenience food products in 2009, including 16 new products, such as candied bean products and MRE microwaveable rice products.
Frozen Food Products
The company produces various frozen foods, including frozen vegetables, frozen fruits, frozen fish, and frozen meats. The company produced 61 frozen food products in 2009. The companys main frozen foods in 2009 were frozen asparagus and frozen corn.
Sales and Marketing
The company has 36 sales offices in 26 provinces in China. Its export sales destinations include Asia, primarily Japan, South Korea and Malaysia, but also Singapore and Taiwan; Europe, primarily Belgium and the United Kingdom, but also France, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, and Sweden; the Middle East, primarily Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates; and North America, including the United States and Canada. The company sells products to international markets through Shandong Lvan, a food trading company in China, other export companies in China, and its own sales team located in China.
The company sells products in 26 provinces and administrative regions in China and 42 foreign countries globally. Its major customers are Shandong Lvan Import & Export Co., Ltd., a food trading company in China that distributes a significant portion of the companys exported products; and Shinsei Foods, a Japanese company.
The companys competitors in the chestnut product market are Hebei Liyun, a Chinese company, and Foodwell Corporation, a South Korean company. Its competitors in the frozen food products market are Weitang Langdong, Yuyao Hongji Food Co. Ltd. and Yantai Pengshun Food Co. Ltd.
American Lorain Corporation was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMERICAN LORAIN CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMERICAN LORAIN CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMERICAN LORAIN CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMERICAN LORAIN CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMERICAN LORAIN CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. American Lorain Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of American Lorain Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of American Lorain Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. American Lorain Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. American Lorain Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. AMERICAN LORAIN CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMERICAN LORAIN CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMERICAN LORAIN CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMERICAN LORAIN CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMERICAN LORAIN CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMERICAN LORAIN CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
American Lorain Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
American Lorain Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
American Lorain Corporation Major Shareholders
American Lorain Corporation History
American Lorain Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
American Lorain Corporation Offices and Representations
American Lorain Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
American Lorain Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
American Lorain Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
American Lorain Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
American Lorain Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
American Lorain Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
American Lorain Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
American Lorain Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
American Lorain Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
American Lorain Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
American Lorain Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
American Lorain Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?