- The report contains detailed information about Agria Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Agria Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Agria Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Agria Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Agria Corporation business.
About Agria Corporation
Agria Corporation engages in the research, development, production, and sale of agricultural products in China.
The company offers three categories of agriculture products: seeds, sheep products, and seedlings. As of December 31, 2009, it had access to approximately 28,600 acres of farmland in China.
The company's products primarily consist of corn seeds sold to farmers growing corn for animal feed, human consumption, and industrial uses. It processes and packages corn seed products and then sells them to local and regional distributors. It also sells corn seeds to farmers and food processing companies, which grow and process corns for human consumption. The company operates its seed business through two separate consolidated entities, Taiyuan Primalights III Agriculture Development Co., Ltd. (P3A) and Beijing Nong Ke Yu Seeds International Co., Ltd. (Nong Ke Yu)
In 2009, the companys P3A seed business sold approximately 11,256 tons of field corn seed products. In addition to producing and selling its own products, this business also distributes corn seeds produced by other seed companies in China. The P3A seed business also produces and sells generic field corn seeds whose intellectual property rights have expired in China. As of December 31, 2009, the business had access to a total of approximately 14,500 acres of farmland in the Shanxi, Inner Mongolia, Gansu, Xinjiang, Ningxia, Shaanxi, and Hainan provinces for production of corn seeds.
The Nong Ke Yu seed products primarily consist of corn seeds sold to farmers and food processing companies growing food for human consumption. The company outsources the production of these corn seeds to production companies located in Gansu and Xinjiang provinces and sell them through regional sales agents and directly to food processing companies who grow and process corn. The primary seed product produced by Nong Ke Yu is JKN 2000, which relates to edible corn seed sector.
In January 2010, the company acquired Tianjin Beiao Seed Technology Development Co., Ltd. (BeOK), a company engaged in research, production, and marketing of vegetable seeds. BeOK sells 18 varieties of vegetable seeds in 6 categories, including broccoli, celery, chilies, Chinese cabbage, cucumber, and tomato. The company also sells imported grass seed.
The company buys and grows sheep in Shanxi province and sells them primarily to government-operated breed improvement and reproductive stations, breeding companies, and other sheep reproduction stations and farms. In 2009, the companys sheep business consisted primarily of buying, raising, and selling sheep and goats. As of December 31, 2009, the company owned approximately 5,705 sheep and 1,576 goats. The land used by its sheep product operations comprises 9 parcels of land totaling approximately 13,500 acres.
In October 2009, the company entered into agreements to invest in, and form a strategic partnership with, PGG Wrightson Group (PGG Wrightson), New Zealands rural services business, which offers a range of products, services and solutions to farmers, growers and processors in New Zealand and internationally. PGG Wrightson structures its operations through four divisions: customer services; seed, grain, and nutrition; financial services; and South America.
The company, in October 2009, also entered into a strategic co-operation framework agreement with the China National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CNAAS), which provides for co-operation across the spectrum of agricultural research.
Sales and Marketing
The company markets its P3A seeds products through pre-sale training, demonstrations and presentations to distributors, farmers, and other potential customers. Its field corn seeds are primarily sold to distributors, who in turn sell them to farmers. As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 70 distributors in China.
The company markets its Nong Ke Yu seed products through pre-sale training, demonstrations and presentations to distributors, farmers, and manufacturers in the fresh corn processing business. Its edible corn seeds are primarily sold to distributors, who in turn sell them to farmers and corn-processing manufacturers, who plant the corn as raw materials for processing. As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 47 distributors and 38 manufacturer customers in China.
During 2009, the company had relationships with approximately 29 seedlings customers in China. The company sold its white bark pine seedlings primarily to Taiyuan Relord Enterprise Development Group Co., Ltd.
Agria Corporation was founded in 2000.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AGRIA CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AGRIA CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AGRIA CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AGRIA CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AGRIA CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Agria Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Agria Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Agria Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Agria Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Agria Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. AGRIA CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AGRIA CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AGRIA CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AGRIA CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AGRIA CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AGRIA CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Agria Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Agria Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Agria Corporation Major Shareholders
Agria Corporation History
Agria Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Agria Corporation Offices and Representations
Agria Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Agria Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Agria Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Agria Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Agria Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Agria Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Agria Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Agria Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Agria Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Agria Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Agria Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Agria Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?