- The report contains detailed information about AgFeed Industries, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for AgFeed Industries, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The AgFeed Industries, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes AgFeed Industries, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of AgFeed Industries, Inc. business.
About AgFeed Industries, Inc.
AgFeed Industries, Inc. engages in the research and development, manufacture, marketing, distribution, and sale of pre-mix fodder blended feed and feed additives primarily for use in domestic pork husbandry market in China.
The company operates production plants in Nanchang, Shanghai, Nanning, Shandong, and Hainan provinces. It sells to distributors and large-scale swine farms. The company is also engaged in the business of raising, breeding and selling hogs for use in China's pork production and hog breeding markets through 1 breeder farm and 29 meat hog producing farms located in Jiangxi, Shanghai, Hainan, Guangxi, and Fujian provinces.
Animal Nutrition Business
The company manufactures, distributes, markets, and sells three main product lines - premix, concentrates and complete feeds for use in all stages of a pigs life. The company conducts these operations through its indirect subsidiaries Nanchang Best Animal Husbandry Co., Ltd. (Nanchang Best), Shanghai Best Animal Husbandry Co., Ltd. (Shanghai Best), Guangxi Huijie Sci. & Tech. Feed Co., Ltd., (Guangxi Huijie), Shandong AgFeed Agribusiness Co., Ltd. (Shandong Feed), and Hainan HopeJia Feed Co., Ltd. (HopeJia). The company also provides educational, technical and veterinary support to its customers.
Sales and Marketing: The company sells its products directly to approximately 781 commercial hog farms. Additionally, the company works with independently-owned and operated feed distribution chain stores that distribute AgFeed brand premix feed products throughout China. As of December 31, 2009, feed distribution chain stores in approximately 1,302 locations were open and operating using the AgFeed brand name. As of December 31, 2009, each of the feed operating companies had the following customers for their respective feed products: Nanchang Best, Shanghai Best, Guangxi Huijie, Shandong Feed, and HopeJia.
Competition: The companys local competitors include Da Bei Nong in Jiangxi province, Fuj Minke Biology Company in Fujian province, Zheng Da in various provinces, Xinnong located in the Shanghai area and Provimi in Guangxi. Larger domestic competitors include Sichuan, New Hope Agribusiness, Tongwei Company Limited, Ning Bo Tech Bank Company Limited and Zhengbang Group.
Commercial Hog Production Business
The company raises, breeds, and sells hogs for use in China's pork production and hog breeding markets. The company owns 2 breeder farms and 29 meat hog producing farms located in Jiangxi, Shanghai, Hainan, Guangxi, and Fujian provinces.
In 2008, the company acquired majority interest in 29 meat hog producing farms in the Jiangxi, Shanghai, Hainan, Guangxi, and Fujian provinces through its indirect subsidiaries - Nanchang Best, Shanghai Best, Guangxi Huijie and Jiangxi Best Swine Development Co. (Best Swine).
In April 2009, the company formed a strategic alliance with Hypor. The alliance has four phases: upgrading the genetic base of its existing herds; creating a sow farrow-to-finish genetic nucleus facility (Wuning Farms) to supply superior breeding stock to be utilized in its production systems and for sale to outside commercial hog farms; establishing genetics to stock farms being developed by AgFeed International Protein Technology Corp.; and developing gene transfer centers to maximize the use of the boars in China across its production system. In December 2009, the company formed Hypor AgFeed Breeding with Hypor to develop, operate, and market Wuning Farms. The company owns 85% of Hypor AgFeed Breeding and Hypor owns the remaining 15%.
In July 2009, the company formed a joint venture with M2P2. AgFeed International Protein is focused on enhancing hog production systems for Chinese and other Pan Asian clients to increase productivity in the Pan Asian hog industry. AgFeed owns 65% of AgFeed International Protein, with the remaining 35% being owned 15.1% by certain affiliates and 19.9% by M2P2.
AgFeed Industries, Inc. was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AGFEED INDUSTRIES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AGFEED INDUSTRIES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AGFEED INDUSTRIES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AGFEED INDUSTRIES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AGFEED INDUSTRIES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. AgFeed Industries, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of AgFeed Industries, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of AgFeed Industries, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. AgFeed Industries, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. AgFeed Industries, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AGFEED INDUSTRIES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AGFEED INDUSTRIES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AGFEED INDUSTRIES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AGFEED INDUSTRIES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AGFEED INDUSTRIES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AGFEED INDUSTRIES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
AgFeed Industries, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
AgFeed Industries, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
AgFeed Industries, Inc. Major Shareholders
AgFeed Industries, Inc. History
AgFeed Industries, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
AgFeed Industries, Inc. Offices and Representations
AgFeed Industries, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
AgFeed Industries, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
AgFeed Industries, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
AgFeed Industries, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
AgFeed Industries, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
AgFeed Industries, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
AgFeed Industries, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
AgFeed Industries, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
AgFeed Industries, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
AgFeed Industries, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
AgFeed Industries, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
AgFeed Industries, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?