- The report contains detailed information about Whirlpool Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Whirlpool Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Whirlpool Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Whirlpool Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Whirlpool Corp. business.
About Whirlpool Corp.
Whirlpool Corporation manufactures and markets major home appliances worldwide. Whirlpools geographic segments consist of North America, Europe, Latin America, and Asia.
Products and Markets
Whirlpool manufactures and markets a line of major appliances and related products, primarily for home use. The companys products are laundry appliances, refrigerators, cooking appliances, dishwashers, and mixers and other small household appliances. The company also produces hermetic compressors for refrigeration systems.
In North America, Whirlpool markets and distributes major home appliances and portable appliances under various brand names. In the United States, the company markets and distribute products under the Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Roper, Estate, Admiral, Magic Chef, Amana, and Inglis brand names primarily to retailers, distributors, and builders. In Canada, the company markets and distributes major home appliances under the Inglis, Admiral, Whirlpool, Maytag, Jenn-Air, Magic Chef, Amana, Roper, Estate, and KitchenAid brand names. In Mexico, the company markets and distributes major home appliances under the Whirlpool, Maytag, Acros, KitchenAid, and Supermatic brand names. The company sells products to other manufacturers, distributors, and retailers for resale in North America under those manufacturers and retailers respective brand names.
Whirlpool is a major supplier to Sears of laundry, refrigerator, dishwasher, and trash compactor home appliances. Sears markets some of the products that the company supplies to them under its Kenmore brand name. Sears is also a major outlet for its Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, and Amana brand products.
In Europe, the company markets and distributes its major home appliances under the Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana, Bauknecht, Ignis, Laden, and Polar brand names, and major and portable appliances under the KitchenAid brand name. In addition to its extensive operations in Western Europe, the company has sales subsidiaries in Russia, Ukraine, Hungary, Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Croatia, Morocco, and Turkey, with representative offices in Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Slovenia, Serbia and Montenegro. Whirlpool markets a line of products under the Whirlpool, KIC, and Ignis brand names in South Africa. Whirlpools European operations also sell products carrying the Whirlpool, Bauknecht, and Ignis brand names to distributors and dealers in Africa and the Middle East.
In Latin America, the company markets and distributes its major home appliances under the Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Brastemp, Consul, and Eslabon de Lujo brand names. The company manages appliance sales and distribution in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, and Peru through its Brazilian subsidiary, and in Bolivia, Paraguay, and Uruguay through its distributors. The company manages appliance sales and distribution in Central American countries, the Caribbean, Venezuela, Colombia, Guatemala, and Ecuador through its Brazilian subsidiary and through distributors.
In Asia, the company has organized the marketing and distribution of its major home appliances into five operating groups, including China, which includes mainland China; Hong Kong and Taiwan; India, which includes Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, and Pakistan; Oceania, which includes Australia, New Zealand, and Pacific Islands; and Southeast Asia, which includes Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Korea, and Japan. The company markets and sells its products in Asia under the Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Amana, and Jenn-Air brand names by a combination of direct sales to appliance retailers and chain stores and through distributors to a network of retail stores.
The companys competitors include Electrolux, General Electric, Kenmore, LG, Bosch Siemens, Samsung, and Haier.
Whirlpool Corporation was founded in 1906.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WHIRLPOOL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WHIRLPOOL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WHIRLPOOL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WHIRLPOOL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WHIRLPOOL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Whirlpool Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Whirlpool Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Whirlpool Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Whirlpool Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Appliances and Furniture Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Whirlpool Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. WHIRLPOOL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WHIRLPOOL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WHIRLPOOL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WHIRLPOOL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WHIRLPOOL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WHIRLPOOL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Whirlpool Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Whirlpool Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Whirlpool Corp. Major Shareholders
Whirlpool Corp. History
Whirlpool Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Whirlpool Corp. Offices and Representations
Whirlpool Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Whirlpool Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Whirlpool Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Whirlpool Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Appliances and Furniture Industry Statistics
Whirlpool Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Whirlpool Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Whirlpool Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Whirlpool Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Whirlpool Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Whirlpool Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Whirlpool Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Whirlpool Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?