- The report contains detailed information about Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. business.
About Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd.
Rosedale Decorative Products, Ltd. engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of wallpapers and decorative fabrics in Canada, the United States, and Europe.
The company also operates one retail paint and wallpaper store located in downtown Toronto, Canada. Its products include wallpaper and wallpaper borders (wallcoverings), ceiling panels, and paint. The company designs and distributes its owned branded wallcovering collections, as well as distributing other manufacturers' wallcoverings on a wholesale basis. Wallcoverings sold under company brand names are manufactured for the company on an outsource basis by third party manufacturers.
The company, in the year 2004, distributed approximately 15 company brand wallcovering collections to approximately 10,000 to 20,000 retail wallpaper and paint stores worldwide. In addition the company's Ontario subsidiary distributed approximately 60 non-Company brand wallcovering collections to approximately 1,500-2,000 home decorating stores in Canada.
The company designs and distributes approximately three different lines of wallcoverings sold under its own brand names each year. A selection of wallcovering is sold under each of the company's brand names. Each wallcovering collection sold by the Company consists of a variety of coordinated wallpapers and borders. The products are distributed to approximately 10,000 to 20,000 retail stores and interior designers worldwide. The company's Ontario subsidiary maintains a design studio in London, England. Its brand name Wallcoverings include: Concord, Bridle Path, Sweetwater, Caledon, Glenayr and Ridley Nash. The brand name wallcoverings are targeted for middle and upper-middle income consumers, as well as the high-end interior designer market. The company designs and distributes one wallcovering collection per year. These lines of wallcoverings are targeted for middle to upper income consumers.
Third Party Manufacturing
Wallcovering manufacturers in the United Kingdom and Canada manufacture company brand wallcoverings for the company. In the United Kingdom, collections are manufactured by CWV Group and Zen Wallcoverings, Ltd. (Zen) and in Canada by Norwall Group, Inc. The company enters into contracts with its manufacturers to produce designs to the company's specifications on a make and ship basis. Its products are manufactured on a pattern by pattern basis.
Wholesale Distribution of Wallcoverings Manufactured by Third Parties
The company is a wholesale distributor of wallcoverings designed and produced by manufacturers located in the United Kingdom, United States and Canada. It markets wallcovering collections produced by third party manufactures under each manufacturer's brand names. The company has distribution agreements with Walquest and Olney located in the U.S. and with Norwall Group, Inc. (Norwall), located in Canada. The company's distribution agreements with Walquest, Olney and Norwall provide the Company with the Canadian distribution rights for each manufacturers wallcovering lines.
The company has expanded the products offered by its Ontario subsidiary to include a line of retro art decorative ceiling tiles for commercial and residential customers. The decorative ceiling tiles are designed to fit into standard suspension ceiling frameworks and are embossed with designs. The Ontario subsidiary has also obtained distribution rights to a new line of wooden window treatments. It also distributes a product called Wallpapers for Windows. The company has also obtained distribution rights for a plastic product called Mirroflex, which includes a backsplash program.
The company's retail operation, Ontario Paint & Wallpaper, in metropolitan Toronto sells Benjamin Moore and Para paints and related sundry products, including wallcoverings to customers ranging from individual homeowners to large industrial accounts. The store offers a line of wallcoverings, including all brands distributed by the company. The Ontario Paint & Wallpaper's paint sales are made to local movie studios for set designs and to commercial customers for apartment and office buildings. The retail store offers special services to attract and maintain commercial customers. It maintains detailed records of paint purchases by commercial customers.
The companys wholly owned subsidiary includes Ontario Paint and Wallpaper Limited.
The companys major supplier includes Norwall Group, Inc.
Rosedale Decorative Products, Ltd. was founded in the year 1913.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ROSEDALE DECORATIVE PRODUCTS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ROSEDALE DECORATIVE PRODUCTS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ROSEDALE DECORATIVE PRODUCTS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ROSEDALE DECORATIVE PRODUCTS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ROSEDALE DECORATIVE PRODUCTS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Appliances and Furniture Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. ROSEDALE DECORATIVE PRODUCTS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ROSEDALE DECORATIVE PRODUCTS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ROSEDALE DECORATIVE PRODUCTS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ROSEDALE DECORATIVE PRODUCTS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ROSEDALE DECORATIVE PRODUCTS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ROSEDALE DECORATIVE PRODUCTS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. Major Shareholders
Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. History
Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. Offices and Representations
Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Appliances and Furniture Industry Statistics
Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Rosedale Decorative Products Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?