- The report contains detailed information about P&F Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for P&F Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The P&F Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes P&F Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of P&F Industries Inc. business.
About P&F Industries Inc.
P&F Industries, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of tools and other products, and hardware and accessories.
The company operates in two primary lines of business, or segments, Tools and Other products (Tools) and Hardware and Accessories (Hardware).
The company conducts its Tools business through a wholly owned subsidiary, Continental Tool Group, Inc. (Continental), which in turn operates through its wholly owned subsidiaries, Florida Pneumatic Manufacturing Corporation (Florida Pneumatic) and Hy-Tech Machine, Inc. (Hy-Tech).
Florida Pneumatic: Florida Pneumatic imports and sells pneumatic hand tools of its own design, primarily for the retail, industrial, and automotive markets. This line of products includes sanders, grinders, drills, saws, and impact wrenches. Additionally, Florida Pneumatic also imports and markets compressor air filters. These Florida Pneumatic products are sold to distributors, retailers, and private label customers through in-house sales personnel and manufacturers' representatives. Users of Florida Pneumatic's hand tools include industrial maintenance and production staffs, do-it-yourself mechanics, automobile mechanics, and auto body personnel.
During 2009, Florida Pneumatic purchased approximately 41 percent of its pneumatic tools from a Far East trading company, which owns or represents 21 individual factories in Japan, Taiwan, and China and 34 percent directly from a manufacturer in China.
Florida Pneumatic also markets, through its Berkley Tool division (Berkley), a product line which includes pipe and bolt dies, pipe taps, wrenches, vises and stands, pipe and tubing cutting equipment, hydrostatic test pumps, and replacement electrical components for a widely-used brand of pipe cutting and threading machines. Florida Pneumatic markets Berkley's products through industrial distributors and contractors. Florida Pneumatic sources its Berkley product line from China and Israel, as well as domestic sources.
Hy-Tech: Hy-Tech manufactures and distributes pneumatic tools and parts for industrial applications. Hy-Tech manufactures approximately 60 types of industrial pneumatic tools under the names ATP, Thaxton, THOR, and Eureka. This line of products includes grinders, drills, saws, impact wrenches, and pavement breakers. Users of Hy-Tech's tools include refineries, chemical plants, power generation facilities, the heavy construction industry, oil and mining companies and heavy industry.
The company conducts its Hardware business through a wholly owned subsidiary, Countrywide Hardware, Inc. (Countrywide). During 2009, Countrywide conducted its business operations through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Nationwide Industries, Inc. (Nationwide), and WM Coffman LLC (WMC).
Nationwide: Nationwide is an importer and manufacturer of door, window, and fencing hardware, including rollers, hinges, window operators, sash locks, custom zinc castings, and door closers. Nationwide's products are sold through in-house sales personnel and manufacturers' representatives to distributors, retailers and OEM customers. End users of Nationwide's products include contractors, home builders, pool and patio distributors, OEM/private label customers, and general consumers.
WMC: WMC, a newly formed subsidiary of the company, acquired the assets of Coffman Stairs, LLC, (Coffman). Coffman was in the business of manufacturing and distributing interior wood and iron stair components throughout the United States.
Florida Pneumatic discontinued the marketing of Franklin products line, as of December 31, 2009.
P&F Industries, Inc. was founded in 1959.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. P&F INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. P&F INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. P&F INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. P&F INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. P&F INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. P&F Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of P&F Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of P&F Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. P&F Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Appliances and Furniture Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. P&F Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. P&F INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. P&F INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. P&F INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. P&F INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. P&F INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. P&F INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
P&F Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
P&F Industries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
P&F Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
P&F Industries Inc. History
P&F Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
P&F Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
P&F Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
P&F Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
P&F Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
P&F Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Appliances and Furniture Industry Statistics
P&F Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
P&F Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
P&F Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
P&F Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
P&F Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
P&F Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
P&F Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
P&F Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?