- The report contains detailed information about Libbey Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Libbey Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Libbey Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Libbey Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Libbey Inc. business.
About Libbey Inc.
Libbey Inc. engages in the production of glass tableware products worldwide. The company designs and markets, under its LIBBEY, Crisa, Royal Leerdam, World Tableware, Syracuse China and Traex brand names, a line of glass tableware, ceramic dinnerware, metal flatware, hollowware and serveware, and plastic items for sale primarily in the foodservice, retail, and business-to-business markets.
The companys tableware products consist of glass tableware (including casual glass beverageware), ceramic dinnerware, metal flatware, hollowware and serveware and plastic items. The companys glass tableware includes tumblers, stemware (including wine glasses), mugs, bowls, ashtrays, bud vases, salt and pepper shakers, shot glasses, canisters, candleholders and various other items. Royal Leerdam produces stemware. Crisal produces glass tableware, mainly tumblers, stemware and glassware accessories. Crisas glass tableware product assortment includes the product types produced by Libbey, as well as glass bakeware and handmade glass tableware. In addition, Crisa products include blender jars, washing machine windows and other glass products sold principally to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
Through its Syracuse China and World Tableware subsidiaries, the company offers a range of ceramic dinnerware products. These include plates, bowls, platters, cups, saucers, and other tableware accessories. The companys World Tableware subsidiary provides a selection of metal flatware, including knives, forks, spoons, and serving utensils. In addition, World Tableware sells metal hollowware, including serving trays, chafing dishes, pitchers and other metal tableware accessories, as well as a line of dinnerware. Through its Traex subsidiary, the company produces and sells a range of plastic products, including tabletop warewashing and storage racks, trays, dispensers and organizers, to the foodservice industry.
The company also has an agreement to be the exclusive distributor of Luigi Bormioli glassware in the United States and Canada to foodservice users. Luigi Bormioli, based in Italy, is a supplier of glassware used in eating and drinking establishments.
The customers for its tableware products include approximately 500 foodservice distributors in the United States and Canada. In the retail channel, the company sells to mass merchants, department stores, retail distributors, national retail chains and specialty housewares stores. In addition, its business-to-business channel primarily includes customers that use glass containers for candle and floral applications, gourmet food packaging companies, and various OEM applications. In Mexico, the company sells to retail mass merchants and wholesale distributors, as well as candle and food packers, and various OEM users of custom molded glass. In Europe, the company markets glassware to retailers, distributors and decorators that service the retail, foodservice, and developed business-to-business channel, which includes breweries and distilleries, for which products are decorated with company logos for promotional and resale purposes. The company also has other customers who use its products for promotional or other private uses. In China, the company sells to distributors and wholesalers.
Sales and Marketing
The company sells its products to approximately 100 countries around the world, competing in the tableware markets of Latin America, Asia, and Europe, as well as North America.
Competitors in glass tableware include Arc International; Pasabahce; The Anchor Hocking Company; Oneida Ltd.; and Bormioli Rocco group.
Competitors in the U.S. ceramic dinnerware include, among others: Homer Laughlin; Oneida Ltd.; and Steelite.
Competitors in metalware include Oneida Ltd.; and Walco, Inc.
Competitors in plastic products are, among others: Cambro Manufacturing Company; and Carlisle Companies Incorporated.
Libbey, Inc. was founded in 1818.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LIBBEY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LIBBEY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LIBBEY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LIBBEY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LIBBEY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Libbey Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Libbey Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Libbey Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Libbey Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Appliances and Furniture Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Libbey Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LIBBEY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LIBBEY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LIBBEY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LIBBEY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LIBBEY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LIBBEY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Libbey Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Libbey Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Libbey Inc. Major Shareholders
Libbey Inc. History
Libbey Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Libbey Inc. Offices and Representations
Libbey Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Libbey Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Libbey Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Libbey Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Appliances and Furniture Industry Statistics
Libbey Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Libbey Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Libbey Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Libbey Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Libbey Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Libbey Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Libbey Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Libbey Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?