- The report contains detailed information about Catalina Lighting Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Catalina Lighting Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Catalina Lighting Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Catalina Lighting Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Catalina Lighting Inc. business.
About Catalina Lighting Inc.
Catalina Lighting, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and distribution of lighting fixtures and lamps under the Catalina, Dana, Ring, Illuminada, and Aziano, trade names. The Company also functions as an original equipment manufacturer, selling goods under its customers private labels. The Company sells in the United States through retailers including home centers, national retail chains, office superstore chains, mass merchandisers, warehouse clubs, discount department stores, hardware stores and in lighting showrooms. The Company also sells its products in the United Kingdom, continental Europe, Asia and Canada. Its product line comprises hardwire lighting fixtures and portable lamps.
The Company's product line comprises of lighting products used primarily in residential and office environments. Its product line consists mainly of two categories: hardwire lighting fixtures and portable lamps. Hardwire lighting fixtures include outdoor/security lighting, recessed and track lighting, wall, vanity and ceiling lights, pendants and chandeliers. Portable lamps include table and floor lamps, torchieres, accent, buffet, desk and task lamps. A smaller percentage of its product line consists of industrial consumables, products for the automotive aftermarket, and train and bus lighting. The Company develops, manufactures and maintains separate product lines for sale in North America, continental Europe, and the United Kingdom due to the different consumer preferences and electrical specifications of each of these markets.
The Company manages its business on the basis of three segments, North America, the United Kingdom, and China Manufacturing and Distribution.
North America consists primarily of its North American sales and distribution organizations and the supporting China-based sourcing and manufacturing operation. This segment comprises the operating companies include: United States-Catalina Industries, Inc. (Catalina Industries); Canada-Catalina Lighting Canada, Inc. (Catalina Canada); Mexico-Catalina Lighting Mexico S.A. de C.V. (Catalina Mexico); China-the manufacturing and sourcing activities of Go-Gro as they relate to intercompany sales.
The distribution companies of the North America segment design, import, warehouse and distribute hardwire lighting fixtures and portable lamps in the United States and Canada to major retailers, including home centers, office superstore chains, mass merchandisers, discount department stores, hardware stores, warehouse clubs and lighting showrooms. Order entry, customer service and other support functions for this segment are performed at the locations include:
United States-Corporate headquarters in Miami, Florida and warehouse facility in Tupelo, Mississippi; Canada-Warehouse; and office facility in Toronto, Ontario.
The distribution companies of the North America segment sell their products under the Catalina, Dana, Illuminada and Aziano trade names and their customers private labels. These companies market a product line used primarily in residential and office settings. This segments product line consists mainly of two categories: hardwire lighting fixtures and portable lamps. Hardwire lighting fixtures include outdoor/security lighting, recessed and track lighting, wall, vanity and ceiling lights, pendants and chandeliers. Portable lamps include table and floor lamps, torchieres, accent, buffet, desk and task lamps.
Go-Gro, the company's China manufacturing and sourcing subsidiary, provides substantially all of the products for this segments distribution companies. The products are manufactured by Go-Gro or purchased from other factories in China. The distribution companies of this segment arrange for the shipment of their products directly from Go-Gro or other factories to the customers distribution centers or stores. They also sell and ship from their warehouse facilities.
The Company acquired Ring in 2000. Ring is a wholesaler and distributor headquartered in Leeds, England consisting of seven principal trading companies comprising three operating divisions: Ring Lighting, Ring Automotive and Consu
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CATALINA LIGHTING INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CATALINA LIGHTING INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CATALINA LIGHTING INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CATALINA LIGHTING INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CATALINA LIGHTING INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Catalina Lighting Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Catalina Lighting Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Catalina Lighting Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Catalina Lighting Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Appliances and Furniture Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Catalina Lighting Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CATALINA LIGHTING INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CATALINA LIGHTING INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CATALINA LIGHTING INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CATALINA LIGHTING INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CATALINA LIGHTING INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CATALINA LIGHTING INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Catalina Lighting Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Catalina Lighting Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Catalina Lighting Inc. Major Shareholders
Catalina Lighting Inc. History
Catalina Lighting Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Catalina Lighting Inc. Offices and Representations
Catalina Lighting Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Catalina Lighting Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Catalina Lighting Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Catalina Lighting Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Appliances and Furniture Industry Statistics
Catalina Lighting Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Catalina Lighting Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Catalina Lighting Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Catalina Lighting Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Catalina Lighting Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Catalina Lighting Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Catalina Lighting Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Catalina Lighting Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?