- The report contains detailed information about Aerogrow International, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Aerogrow International, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Aerogrow International, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Aerogrow International, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Aerogrow International, Inc. business.
About Aerogrow International, Inc.
AeroGrow International, Inc. engages in the development, marketing, distribution, and sale of indoor garden systems. The companys systems are designed for consumer use and appeal to the gardening, cooking, small indoor appliance, healthy eating, and home and office decor markets.
The company offers multiple lines of proprietary indoor gardens, corresponding proprietary seed kits, and various cooking, gardening and decor accessories, both nationally and internationally. As of March 31, 2010, the company had manufactured and shipped approximately 958,202 AeroGarden garden units and 2,037,531 seed kits to consumer and retailers worldwide.
The companys principal products are indoor gardens and proprietary seed kits that allow consumers, with or without gardening experience to grow vegetables, such as tomatoes, chili peppers, and salad greens; fresh herbs, including cilantro, chives, basil, dill, oregano, and mint; and flowers, such as petunias, snapdragons, pink geraniums, and phlox. Consumers can also plant and grow their own seeds using its grow anything kits, or use its AeroGardens as seed starters for their outdoor gardens with its garden starter trays.
AeroGarden Indoor Gardens
The company offers 15 different indoor garden models, which are differentiated based on size, design, light intensity, degree of automation, inclusion of Adaptive Growth Technology or Advanced Growing Systems, height potential of light hoods, and inclusions of plant support systems. Its product lines are divided into four main categories:
AeroGarden3 Series: The AeroGarden 3 series features the Advanced Growing System, grow lights, a smaller footprint, and a design that makes it suitable for use as a decorative feature throughout the home or office. AeroGarden 3s fit on kitchen counters, night stands, and end tables. Some models include upgraded trim and new finish designs, such as the Ladybug garden targeted at all-family usage.
AeroGarden SpaceSaver 6 Series: The AeroGarden 6 series features the Advanced Growing System, grow lights, and a space-saving configuration to fit on countertops and in corners for apartments, condos, and smaller kitchens.
AeroGarden Classic 7-Pod Series: The companys products feature the rainforest nutrient delivery system, automated lights, and reminder systems.
AeroGarden Extra Series: Aerogarden 7 with extended lamp arms and greater light output for growing larger vegetables. Some models also include stainless steel trim.
AeroGarden Seed Kits
The company offers approximately 50 seed kits for use in its indoor gardening products. These seed kits include pre-seeded bio-grow seed pods and a three-to-six-month supply of nutrients, including its proprietary formula for adjusting water quality. Its seed kits include vegetable gardens: cherry tomato, chili pepper, and salsa garden; herb gardens: gourmet herbs, Italian herbs, and pesto basil; flower gardens: cascading petunias, English cottage, scented blooms, and mountain meadow; and salad gardens: salad greens, romaine lettuce. The companys seed kits are sold to consumers for use with its indoor gardening products.
AeroGarden Seed-Starting Kits: The company's line of Seed Starting Trays and Master Gardner Kits are designed to allow consumers to plant and grow their own seeds in the AeroGarden. With its Seed Starter Trays, consumers can start approximately 66 seedlings in its indoor gardens for transplant into their outdoor gardens when weather allows. With the Master Gardener Kit, consumers can grow their own seeds to maturity in the AeroGarden, or transplant seeds outdoors when weather allows.
Other Accessories: To complement and expand the functionality of its indoor gardening products, the company has developed various accessory products, including cookbooks and cooking accessories. It also offers multiple wall brackets and other shelving and support systems, which can hold multiple indoor gardens at the same time. The company also offers the Herb n Serve, a battery-operated herb blender and salad dressing maker the Herb n Save and Herb n Ice accessories.
As of March 31, 2010, the companys products were being offered in approximately 1,290 storefronts in North America. It also offers its products in Australia, South Korea, Mexico, and France.
The companys retail customers include Canadian Tire Corporation, Amazon, Bed Bath & Beyond, and QVC.
AeroGrow International, Inc. was founded in 2002.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AEROGROW INTERNATIONAL, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AEROGROW INTERNATIONAL, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AEROGROW INTERNATIONAL, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AEROGROW INTERNATIONAL, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AEROGROW INTERNATIONAL, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Aerogrow International, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Aerogrow International, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Aerogrow International, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Aerogrow International, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Appliances and Furniture Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Aerogrow International, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AEROGROW INTERNATIONAL, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AEROGROW INTERNATIONAL, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AEROGROW INTERNATIONAL, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AEROGROW INTERNATIONAL, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AEROGROW INTERNATIONAL, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AEROGROW INTERNATIONAL, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Aerogrow International, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Aerogrow International, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Aerogrow International, Inc. Major Shareholders
Aerogrow International, Inc. History
Aerogrow International, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Aerogrow International, Inc. Offices and Representations
Aerogrow International, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Aerogrow International, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Aerogrow International, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Aerogrow International, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Appliances and Furniture Industry Statistics
Aerogrow International, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Aerogrow International, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Aerogrow International, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Aerogrow International, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Aerogrow International, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Aerogrow International, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Aerogrow International, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Aerogrow International, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?