zipRealty Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
(Coronavirus Impact Assessment - Special Edition)
CORONAVIRUS IMPACT ASSESSMENT
COVID-19 impact is taken into consideration during the analysiszipRealty Inc. Fundamental Company Report provides a complete overview of the company’s affairs. All available data is presented in a comprehensive and easily accessed format. The report includes financial and SWOT information, industry analysis, opinions, estimates, plus annual and quarterly forecasts made by stock market experts. The report also enables direct comparison to be made between zipRealty Inc. and its competitors. This provides our Clients with a clear understanding of zipRealty Inc. position in the Real Estate Industry.
- The report contains detailed information about zipRealty Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for zipRealty Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The zipRealty Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes zipRealty Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of zipRealty Inc. business.
About zipRealty Inc.
ZipRealty, Inc. operates as a residential real estate brokerage company. The companys Web site gives users access to local Multiple Listing Services home listings data, as well as other relevant market and neighborhood information and tools. As of March 1, 2010, the company had wholly owned operations in 35 major markets serviced by its team of local, licensed sales agents, and had approximately 2.6 million active registered users who had accessed its Web site.
The companys proprietary sales system, known as ZAP, automatically matches registered users with local sales agents, whom it also refers to as ZipAgents. Its ZAP system helps to identify and analyze client website behavior.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated in 35 major markets in 22 states and the District of Columbia, including Atlanta, Baltimore, Washington D.C., Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Orange County, Phoenix, Sacramento, San Diego, the San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, Las Vegas, Houston, Miami, Orlando, Palm Beach, Tampa, Minneapolis/St Paul, Austin, the Greater Philadelphia area, Fresno/Central Valley, Naples, Tucson, Denver, Jacksonville, Richmond, Salt Lake City, Virginia Beach, Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Westchester County/ Long Island, Hartford, and Portland, Oregon.
Access to comprehensive Multiple Listing Services (MLSs) home listings data
The company offers individuals who register on its website access to available home listings data, including pictures, from the local MLSs in the markets in which it operates. Consumers can search for homes based upon various criteria, including city, zip code, price, square footage, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, map geography, school district, distance from a specified address, and other characteristics and amenities such as lot size, whether a home has a fireplace or central air conditioning, and other features.
The companys consumer website tool is called ZipNotify, which allows consumers to receive an automatic email notification each time a property that meets their desired search criteria is made available on the local MLSs.
The ZipNotify tool is also interactive: with one click the consumer can login to see more detailed information on the home, schedule a visit with one of ZipAgents to see the home, or send an email to one of its ZipAgents requesting more information about the property. The companys number of ZipNotify messages averaged approximately 41.2 million per month in 2009.
Neighborhood data and related compelling content
The companys system is designed to provide consumers with access to a range of information, in addition to the MLS data, about their potential home without having to rely on an agent or other party to provide that information to them. Its Web site includes tools to help clients educate themselves during the process, including relevant neighborhood data such as population, comparable home sales, average income, education level, occupation mix, cost of living, crime statistics, weather, school district information, maps and driving directions.
Online images and virtual tours
For seller clients, the company offers virtual home tours and photos of home listings. For buyer clients, in addition to the customary single photo, in select markets the company has the ability to post multiple property photos from the local MLSs, giving clients a search experience. This enables home buyers to research homes before deciding whether to visit them.
ZAP SALES SYSTEM
The companys sales system, known as ZAP, is used by all of its employee agents, as well as independent contractor agents in New York who choose to use it. ZAP is a proprietary web-based agent platform and customer relationship management system and it is integrated with the companys website. ZAP systematically integrates and records consumer contact information and website behavior, ZipAgent behavior and transaction information into a common Oracle-based platform. ZAP records relevant consumer behavior such as logon frequency and times, specific homes viewed and printed, searches made by clients, requested visits to view homes and online offers. The system also records and organizes all relevant agent activities.
The company is a residential real estate brokerage company that engages most of its agents as employees rather than as independent contractors. Its employee-based model allows to manage and trains employee ZipAgents and holds them accountable for their activities and client service levels.
The companys competitors include Prudential Financial, Inc., RE/MAX International Inc. and Realogy Corporation, which owns the Century 21, Coldwell Banker, Better Homes and Gardens and ERA franchise brands, a corporate relocation business and NRT Incorporated.
The company also competes with various online services, such as LendingTree (which owns RealEstate.com), MarketLeader (formerly HouseValues, Inc.), HomeGain, Inc., Move, Inc. and its Realtor.com affiliate, Zillow and Yahoo!
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ZIPREALTY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ZIPREALTY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ZIPREALTY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ZIPREALTY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ZIPREALTY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. zipRealty Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of zipRealty Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of zipRealty Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. zipRealty Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. zipRealty Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ZIPREALTY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ZIPREALTY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Consensus
7.2. Experts Revisions
8. ZIPREALTY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ZIPREALTY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ZIPREALTY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ZIPREALTY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
zipRealty Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
zipRealty Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
zipRealty Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
zipRealty Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
zipRealty Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
zipRealty Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
zipRealty Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
zipRealty Inc. Key Executives
zipRealty Inc. Major Shareholders
zipRealty Inc. History
zipRealty Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
zipRealty Inc. Offices and Representations
zipRealty Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
zipRealty Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
zipRealty Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
zipRealty Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
zipRealty Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
zipRealty Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?