- The report contains detailed information about Swire Pacific Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Swire Pacific Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Swire Pacific Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Swire Pacific Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Swire Pacific Ltd. business.
About Swire Pacific Ltd.
Swire Pacific Limited, through its subsidiaries, operates in property, aviation, beverages, marine services, and trading and industrial businesses.
The company's property investment portfolio in Hong Kong comprises office and retail premises in prime locations, as well as hotel interests, serviced apartments, and other luxury residential accommodation. The completed portfolio in Hong Kong totals 14.7 million square feet of gross floor area. In Mainland China, it has interests in major commercial mixed-use developments in Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou, which would total 7.9 million square feet on completion. In the United States, it owns a 75% interest in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Miami, Florida. In the United Kingdom, it owns four boutique hotels.
The company's trading portfolio comprises land and apartments under development in Hong Kong and Florida, as well as the remaining units for sale at the Island Lodge and Asia residential developments in Hong Kong and Miami respectively.
The Aviation Division principally comprises significant investments in the Cathay Pacific group, the Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering group, and Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals. The Cathay Pacific group includes Cathay Pacific Airways, its wholly-owned subsidiary Hong Kong Dragon Airlines (Dragonair), its 60% owned subsidiary AHK Air Hong Kong, and an associate interest in Air China. In addition, Cathay Pacific Airways has interests in various companies providing aviation- related services, including flight catering, ramp and cargo handling, and laundry services.
The Beverages Division has the right to manufacture, market, and distribute the products of The Coca-Cola Company in Hong Kong, Taiwan, seven provinces in Mainland China and an area of the western U.S.A.
Marine Services Division
The Marine Services Division, through the Swire Pacific Offshore group (SPO), operates a fleet of specialist vessels supporting the offshore oil industry in every major of shore production and exploration region outside North America. The division also has jointly controled interests, through the HUD group, in ship repair and harbour towage services in Hong Kong.
Trading & Industrial Division
The Trading & Industrial Division has interests in a number of wholly-owned and jointly controlled companies, comprising Taikoo Motors group, which engages in the distribution and retailing of motor vehicles in Taiwan; Swire Resources group, which engages in the distribution and retailing of sports and casual footwear and apparel in Hong Kong and Mainland China; CROWN Beverage Cans group, which is an aluminium can manufacture in Mainland China and Vietnam; Akzo Nobel Swire Paints, which engages in the manufacture and distribution of paint in Hong Kong and Mainland China; and Taikoo Sugar, which engages in the packaging and sale of sugar products in Hong Kong and Mainland China.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SWIRE PACIFIC LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SWIRE PACIFIC LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SWIRE PACIFIC LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SWIRE PACIFIC LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SWIRE PACIFIC LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Swire Pacific Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Swire Pacific Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Swire Pacific Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Swire Pacific Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Swire Pacific Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SWIRE PACIFIC LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SWIRE PACIFIC LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SWIRE PACIFIC LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. HONG KONG PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SWIRE PACIFIC LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SWIRE PACIFIC LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SWIRE PACIFIC LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Swire Pacific Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Swire Pacific Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Swire Pacific Ltd. Major Shareholders
Swire Pacific Ltd. History
Swire Pacific Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Swire Pacific Ltd. Offices and Representations
Swire Pacific Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Swire Pacific Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Swire Pacific Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Swire Pacific Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
Swire Pacific Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Swire Pacific Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Swire Pacific Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Swire Pacific Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Swire Pacific Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Swire Pacific Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Swire Pacific Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Swire Pacific Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?