- The report contains detailed information about Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. business.
About Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. operate as a real estate investment trust (REIT) that engages in the acquisition and management of luxury and upper upscale full-service hotels. The company owns hotels in Mexico City and Punta Mita, Nayarit, Mexico, Prague, Czech Republic, and London, England, and leasehold interests in hotels in Paris, France and Hamburg, Germany.
As of February 28, 2007, the company owned interest in 13 hotels, comprising 6,794 rooms, located in Arizona, California, Illinois, Louisiana, Washington, D.C., Mexico and the Czech Republic
The company has five leases with unaffiliated lessors, two leasehold interests in hotels in Paris, France and Hamburg, Germany, two ground lease interests in hotels in Lincolnshire, Illinois and in London, England, and a ground lease interest in a land parcel that is part of a hotel property in Scottsdale, Arizona, comprising an aggregate of 1,094 rooms
The company owns land held for development of the LaSolana project, which includes a 20.5 acre site for the development of hotel suites and a 27 acre site for the development of for-sale villas and a 10 acre parcel adjacent to the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess.
The company owns an 85% interest in the InterContinental Hotel in Miami and the InterContinental Hotel in Chicago, comprising an aggregate of 1,433 rooms.
The company owns a 31% interest in and act as asset manager for a joint venture, which joint venture is with two unaffiliated parties, that is developing the Four Seasons Residence Club Punta Mita, a luxury vacation home product that would be sold in fractional ownership interests on property adjacent to its Four Seasons Punta Mita Resort hotel in Mexico.
The company owns a 45% interest in a joint venture, which is a joint venture with two unaffiliated parties, that owns a hotel in Coronado, California (San Diego), comprising 679 rooms.
The companys hotels are operated under the upper upscale and luxury brands of Fairmont, Four Seasons, Hyatt, InterContinental, Loews, Marriott, Ritz-Carlton and Westin. The Hotel del Coronado is operated by a specialty management company, KSL Resorts.
Tax Status: The company has qualified as a REIT, as such it distributes its taxable income to share holders.
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. was founded in 1997. It was formerly known as Strategic Hotel Capital, Inc., and changed its name to Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. in March 2006.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STRATEGIC HOTELS & RESORTS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STRATEGIC HOTELS & RESORTS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STRATEGIC HOTELS & RESORTS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STRATEGIC HOTELS & RESORTS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STRATEGIC HOTELS & RESORTS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. STRATEGIC HOTELS & RESORTS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STRATEGIC HOTELS & RESORTS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STRATEGIC HOTELS & RESORTS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STRATEGIC HOTELS & RESORTS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STRATEGIC HOTELS & RESORTS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STRATEGIC HOTELS & RESORTS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Major Shareholders
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. History
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Offices and Representations
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?