- The report contains detailed information about RioCan REIT that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for RioCan REIT. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The RioCan REIT financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes RioCan REIT competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of RioCan REIT business.
About RioCan REIT
RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust operates as a real estate investment trust in Canada. The company owns and manages a portfolio of shopping centers in Canada.
As of December 31, 2009, the company owned interests in a portfolio of 258 retail properties, including 12 under development, containing an aggregate of approximately 60 million square feet. The company also holds an 80% interest in 5 properties in the U.S. through joint ventures with Cedar Shopping Centers, Inc. (Cedar), as well as a 14.3% ownership interest in Cedar.
The company invests in the following retail assets: new format retail centers; neighborhood convenience unenclosed centers; enclosed shopping centers; and urban retail properties.
New format retail centers: New format retail centers are aggregations of major retailers grouped together at high traffic and accessible locations. These unenclosed campus-style centers are generally anchored by supermarkets and/or junior department stores and may include entertainment (movie theatres, large-format bookstores and restaurants) and fashion components.
Neighborhood convenience unenclosed centers: Neighborhood convenience unenclosed centers are generally supermarket and/or junior department store anchored shopping centers, typically comprising between 60,000 to 250,000 square feet of leasable area. Other convenience-oriented tenants generally include drug stores, restaurants, banks, and other service providers.
Enclosed shopping centers: An enclosed shopping centre is generally a retail complex containing stores, restaurants and other facilities with interior common areas with access to retail units.
Urban retail properties: Urban retail properties are multi-level format retail centers located in major urban markets. The centers are situated in high-density locations and may be part of a multi-use complex, thereby including office space as part of the property.
The company has entered into a joint venture relationship with Kimco Realty Corp. (Kimco). Kimco is an owner and operator of neighborhood and community shopping centers in the U.S., owning interests in approximately 1,462 properties (as of December 31, 2009) aggregating approximately 153 million square feet of leasable space in 45 states, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and South America. It also has a second joint venture relationship with Kimco (RioKim II) for the purpose of acquiring, on a 50/50 basis, a 10 property portfolio located in central and eastern Canada aggregating 1.1 million square feet.
As of December 31, 2009, the aggregate joint investments in RioKim and RioKim II comprise interests in 45 properties aggregating approximately 9.3 million square feet ((9.0 million square feet is owned on a 50/50 basis and 300,000 square feet is owned on a 1/3 basis by each of the company, Kimco, and Trinity Development Group Inc. (Trinity)). The company provides the property management and leasing services for the properties that are owned by these joint ventures. As of December 31, 2009, the companys joint investments with Trinity included interests in 7 completed income properties aggregating approximately 2.5 million square feet, and 12 greenfield development projects which, upon substantial completion, would comprise 5.1 million square feet.
The companys major tenants, as of December 31, 2009, included Metro/Dominion/Super C/Food Basics; Famous Players/Cineplex/Galaxy Cinemas (Cineplex); Wal-Mart; Canadian Tire/PartSource/Marks Work Wearhouse; Zellers/The Bay/Home Outfitters; Winners/HomeSense; Loblaws/No Frills/Fortinos/Zehrs/Maxi; Staples/Business Depot; Reitmans/Penningtons/Smart; Set/Addition-Elle/Thyme Maternity; and Shoppers Drug Mart.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RIOCAN REIT COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RIOCAN REIT BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RIOCAN REIT SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RIOCAN REIT FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RIOCAN REIT COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. RioCan REIT Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of RioCan REIT and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of RioCan REIT and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. RioCan REIT Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. RioCan REIT Industry Position Analysis
6. RIOCAN REIT NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RIOCAN REIT EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RIOCAN REIT ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RIOCAN REIT IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RIOCAN REIT PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RIOCAN REIT VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
RioCan REIT Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
RioCan REIT Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
RioCan REIT Major Shareholders
RioCan REIT History
RioCan REIT Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
RioCan REIT Offices and Representations
RioCan REIT SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
RioCan REIT Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
RioCan REIT Capital Market Snapshot
RioCan REIT Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
RioCan REIT Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
RioCan REIT Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
RioCan REIT Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
RioCan REIT 1-year Stock Charts
RioCan REIT 5-year Stock Charts
RioCan REIT vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
RioCan REIT vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
RioCan REIT Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?