- The report contains detailed information about Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. business.
About Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc.
Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT). The company conducts business primarily through Piedmont Operating Partnership, LP (Piedmont OP).
Piedmont OP owns properties directly, through wholly owned subsidiaries, through certain joint ventures with real estate limited partnerships sponsored by its former advisor, and through certain joint ventures with other third parties.
The company engages in the acquisition and ownership of commercial real estate properties, including properties that are under construction, newly constructed, or have operating histories. Its portfolio consists primarily of high-grade office buildings leased to large corporate tenants located throughout the United States. As of December 31, 2007, the vast majority of properties that it owns are commercial office buildings, with a limited number of warehouses and manufacturing facilities or some combination thereof.
As of December 31, 2007, the company owned interests in 83 properties. Of these properties, 71 are wholly owned; four properties are owned through consolidated joint ventures; and the remaining eight properties are owned through unconsolidated joint ventures. The majority of assets are commercial office buildings located in 23 states and the District of Columbia. As of December 31, 2007, its properties were approximately 94% leased with an average lease term remaining of approximately six years.
REIT Tax Status
The company has elected to be taxed as a REIT under the Internal Revenue Code. As a REIT, it would not be subject to federal income tax, if it distributes at least 90% of its REIT taxable income to its shareholders.
Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. was founded in 1997. The company was formerly known as Wells Real Estate Investment Trust, Inc. and changed its name to Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. in August 2007.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. Major Shareholders
Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. History
Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. Offices and Representations
Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Piedmont Office Realty Trust Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?