- The report contains detailed information about New World Development Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for New World Development Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The New World Development Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes New World Development Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of New World Development Co. Ltd. business.
About New World Development Co. Ltd.
New World Development Company Limited engages in the property investment, development, and management businesses in Hong Kong, Mainland China, and Macau.
Property Development portfolio is focused on residential usage in Hong Kong and Mainland China. This is complemented by a sizable investment property portfolio comprising shopping malls, offices, hotels and service apartments. Its property arm in Mainland China, New World China Land is a national property developer in Mainland China.
Hong Kong Property Development: The companys project in Yuen Long, the Emerald Green, was launched in March 2009. As of June 30, 2009, approximately 64% of the residential units were sold. In August 2009, the company launched The Masterpiece project.
Hong Kong Property Investment: The renowned shopping mall, together with thedeluxe hotel, Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui and luxury residences, The Masterpiece, is situated at the companys trophy downtown development project overlooking the Victoria Harbour.
Hotel: The company operates pentahotel Shanghai, Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin and New World Hotel Dalian. In 2008, the company opened the Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui to provide 381 rooms.
In early 2009, New World China Land Limited completed 11 property development projects in Dalian, Wuhan, Changsha, Guangzhou, Guiyang and Zhaoqingwith a total gross floor area of 685,526 square meters.
Infrastructure portfolio includes roads, energy, water and ports & logistics projects in Hong Kong, Mainland China and Macau. It operates vital utility services and infrastructure facilities. The company owns 7.5% interest in Chongqing Water Group and 26.03% interest in Tianjin Jieyuan Water Plant
Service businesses consist of facilities management, contracting & transport and financial services. The Facility Services business includes property management, security guarding, professional cleaning services and laundry.
New World Department Store operates and manages renowned department store chain in 17 major cities in China. As of June 2009, the company business network comprised 22 self-owned stores and 11 managed stores, with a total gross floor area of approximately 1,063,470 square meters. Located in five operational regions, namely Northeastern China, Northern China, Eastern China, Central China and Southwestern China, the stores covered 17 major cities in China. These included Wuhan, Shenyang, Wuxi, Harbin, Tianjin, Ningbo, Beijing, Shanghai, Dalian, Kunming, Lanzhou, Taizhou, Changsha, Chongqing, Chengdu, Anshan and Nanjing.
New World Strategic Investment Limited (NWSI) is a wholly owned subsidiary and the direct investment arm of New World Group. In 2007, NWSI together with its affiliates invested in Renhe Commercial Holdings Company Limited (Renhe Commercial). Renhe Commercial is principally engaged in the operation and construction of underground shopping centres mainly for the wholesale of garments, apparel and accessories in China. NWSI also invested in commercial retail, resources, and renewable energy sectors.
CSL New World Mobility Group: The company owns 23.6% of CSLNWM.
New World China Enterprises Projects Limited (NWCEP): NWCEP acts as investment and project manager for New World Enterprise Holdings Limited, and also acts as project manager for a China focused private equity fund, namely New World Liberty China Ventures Limited (NWLCV).
New World Tmt Limited: The NWTMT provides services and applications in the Mainland China and the Asia Pacific region TMT arena.
In March 2009, New World China Land Limited, a 70.0% owned subsidiary of the company, and its subsidiaries ( the NWCL Group) acquired additional 25.0%, 50.0%, 60.0% and 5.9% equity interest in Ramada Property Ltd. (Ramada), Faith Yard Property Limited (Faith Yard), Fortune Star Worldwide Limited (Fortune Star) and Shanghai New World Huai Hai Property Development Co., Ltd. (Huai Hai) respectively. Ramada is the holding company of Shanghai Ramada Plaza Ltd., which holds a portion of Shanghai Ramada Plaza (comprising 2 hotels) located at 1525 Dingxi Road, Changning District, Shanghai, China. The principal activity of Faith Yard is the holding of a portion of Shanghai Ramada Plaza and Shanghai Belvedere Service Apartments located at 1555 Dingxi Road, Changning District, Shanghai, China. Fortune Star is an investment holding company whose major assets are holding of interest in Zhaoqing New World Property Development Limited (Zhaoqing Property) and Zhaoqing Fubang Property Management Limited. Zhaoqing Property engages in the development of Zhaoqing New World Garden, a residential development located besides the Banyue Lake, Zhaoqing, Guangdong Province, the PRC. The principal asset of Huai Hai is its holding of Shanghai Hong Kong New World Tower located at Huaihaizhong Road, Luwan District, Shanghai, China.
In March 2009, the NWCL Group disposed of its entire interest in Shanghai New World Shangxian Lane Development Ltd. (Shangxian Lane) and 20.0% interest in Shanghai Juyi Real Estate Development Co., Ltd. (Juyi) to Golden Wealth Investment Limited. Shangxian Lane has obtained a development right in respect of a property project in Luwan District, Shanghai, China. The principal activity of Juyi is the development of Shanghai Hong Kong New World Garden located in Luwan District, Shanghai, China.
New World Development Company Limited was founded in 1970.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEW WORLD DEVELOPMENT CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEW WORLD DEVELOPMENT CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEW WORLD DEVELOPMENT CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEW WORLD DEVELOPMENT CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEW WORLD DEVELOPMENT CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. New World Development Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of New World Development Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of New World Development Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. New World Development Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. New World Development Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEW WORLD DEVELOPMENT CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEW WORLD DEVELOPMENT CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEW WORLD DEVELOPMENT CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. HONG KONG PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEW WORLD DEVELOPMENT CO. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEW WORLD DEVELOPMENT CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEW WORLD DEVELOPMENT CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
New World Development Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
New World Development Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
New World Development Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
New World Development Co. Ltd. History
New World Development Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
New World Development Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
New World Development Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
New World Development Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
New World Development Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
New World Development Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
New World Development Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
New World Development Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
New World Development Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
New World Development Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
New World Development Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
New World Development Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
New World Development Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
New World Development Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?