- The report contains detailed information about Nationwide Health Properties Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Nationwide Health Properties Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Nationwide Health Properties Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Nationwide Health Properties Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Nationwide Health Properties Inc. business.
About Nationwide Health Properties Inc.
Nationwide Health Properties, Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT), invests in health care related senior housing and long-term care properties. The company primarily makes investments by acquiring an ownership interest in facilities and leasing them to unaffiliated tenants under triple-net master leases that pass all facility operating costs (insurance, property taxes, utilities, maintenance, and capital improvements) through to the tenant.
As of December 31, 2006, the company held investments in 480 healthcare facilities in 42 states, consisting of: 245 assisted and independent living facilities; 194 skilled nursing facilities; 7 continuing care retirement communities; 7 specialty hospitals; 21 medical office buildings operated by a consolidated joint venture in which the company had a 90% interest; and 6 assets held for sale.
As of December 31, 2006, the company held 14 mortgage loans secured by: 12 skilled nursing facilities; 6 assisted and independent living facilities; one continuing care retirement community; and one land parcel. All of its owned facilities are leased under triple-net leases, which are accounted for as operating leases, to 67 health care providers.
Skilled Nursing Facilities: Skilled nursing facilities provide rehabilitative, restorative, skilled nursing and medical treatment for patients and residents. Treatment programs include physical, occupational, speech, respiratory and other therapeutic programs, including sub-acute clinical protocols such as wound care and intravenous drug treatment.
Assisted and Independent Living Facilities: Assisted and independent living facilities offer studio, one bedroom and two bedroom apartments on a month-to-month basis primarily to elderly individuals with various levels of assistance requirements. Assisted and independent living residents are provided meals in a central dining area; assisted living residents might also be assisted with some daily living activities with programs and services that allow residents certain conveniences and make it possible for them to live as independently as possible.
Continuing Care Retirement Communities: Continuing care retirement communities provide various cares. At the most basic level, independent living residents receive meal service, maid service or other services as part of their monthly rent. Services which aid in everyday living are provided to other residents, much like in an assisted living facility.
Specialty Hospitals: Rehabilitation hospitals provide inpatient and outpatient medical care to patients requiring high intensity physical, respiratory, neurological, orthopedic or other treatment protocols and for intermediate periods in their recovery. These programs treat skeletal or neurological injuries and traumatic diseases such as stroke and acute arthritis.
Medical Office Buildings: Medical office buildings are multi-story buildings on or near an acute care hospital campus. They usually house different unrelated medical practices, although they can be associated with a single-specialty or multi-specialty group. Tenants include physicians, dentists, psychologists, therapists and other healthcare providers, with space devoted to patient examination and treatment, diagnostic imaging, outpatient surgery and other outpatient services.
The company has investments in various facilities, which are operated by 73 different healthcare providers, including Assisted Living Concepts, Inc.; Brookdale Senior Living, Inc.; Emeritus Corporation; Extendicare, Inc.; Genesis Healthcare; HEALTHSOUTH Corporation; Kindred Healthcare, Inc.; and Sun Healthcare Group, Inc.
The company is elected to be taxed as a real estate investment trust (REIT).
In January 2007, the company entered into a definitive joint venture agreement with a state pension fund investor advised by Morgan Stanley Real Estate. The purpose of the joint venture would be to acquire and develop assisted living, independent living and skilled nursing facilities. The company would manage and own 25% of the joint venture.
The company has entered into a joint venture agreement with a state pension fund investor advised by Morgan Stanley Real Estate to buy and develop assisted and independent living, and skilled nursing facilities.
In 2006, the company acquired 64 assisted and independent living facilities and 20 skilled nursing facilities in 16 separate transactions.
In 2006, the company also acquired 21 medical office buildings through a joint venture with The Broe Companies.
The company's tenants include Brookdale Senior Living, Inc.; Hearthstone Senior Services, L.P.; Wingate Healthcare, Inc.; Emeritus Corporation; and Atria Senior Living Group.
The company competes with other REITs, including Health Care Property Investors, Inc.; Health Care REIT, Inc.; Healthcare Realty Trust Incorporated; LTC Properties, Inc.; National Health Investors, Inc.; Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc.; Senior Housing Properties Trust; and Ventas, Inc.
Nationwide Health Properties, Inc. was incorporated in 1985.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NATIONWIDE HEALTH PROPERTIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NATIONWIDE HEALTH PROPERTIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NATIONWIDE HEALTH PROPERTIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NATIONWIDE HEALTH PROPERTIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NATIONWIDE HEALTH PROPERTIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Nationwide Health Properties Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Nationwide Health Properties Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Nationwide Health Properties Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Nationwide Health Properties Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Nationwide Health Properties Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NATIONWIDE HEALTH PROPERTIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NATIONWIDE HEALTH PROPERTIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NATIONWIDE HEALTH PROPERTIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NATIONWIDE HEALTH PROPERTIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NATIONWIDE HEALTH PROPERTIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NATIONWIDE HEALTH PROPERTIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Nationwide Health Properties Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Nationwide Health Properties Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Nationwide Health Properties Inc. Major Shareholders
Nationwide Health Properties Inc. History
Nationwide Health Properties Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Nationwide Health Properties Inc. Offices and Representations
Nationwide Health Properties Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Nationwide Health Properties Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Nationwide Health Properties Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Nationwide Health Properties Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
Nationwide Health Properties Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Nationwide Health Properties Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Nationwide Health Properties Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Nationwide Health Properties Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Nationwide Health Properties Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Nationwide Health Properties Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Nationwide Health Properties Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Nationwide Health Properties Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?