- The report contains detailed information about National Health Investors Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for National Health Investors Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The National Health Investors Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes National Health Investors Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of National Health Investors Inc. business.
About National Health Investors Inc.
National Health Investors, Inc. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT), which invests in income- producing health care properties primarily in the long-term care industry.
As of December 31, 2008, the company had ownership interests in real estate and mortgage investments and other investments in preferred stock and marketable securities. The company makes mortgage loans and acquires properties to lease nationwide, primarily in the long-term health care industry. These investments include long-term care facilities, acute care hospitals, medical office buildings, retirement centers and assisted living facilities.
As of December 31, 2008, the company had real estate, mortgage and notes receivable investments in 123 health care facilities located in 17 states consisting of 83 long-term care facilities, 1 acute care hospital, 4 medical office buildings, 14 assisted living facilities, 4 retirement centers and 17 residential projects for the developmentally disabled. Of these 123 facilities, 41 are leased to National HealthCare Corporation (NHC), a publicly-held company and its major customer.
Health Care Facilities
Long-term care facilities: As of December 31, 2008, the company owned and leased 49 licensed long-term care facilities. It also had outstanding first mortgage loans on 34 additional licensed long-term care facilities. These facilities provide combination of skilled and intermediate nursing and rehabilitative care, including speech, physical and occupational therapy.
Acute care hospitals: As of December 31, 2008, the company owned and leased 1 acute care hospital. Acute care hospitals provide a range of inpatient and outpatient services. Acute care hospitals undergo periodic inspections regarding standards of medical care, equipment and hygiene as a condition of licensure.
Medical office buildings: As of December 31, 2008, the company owned and leased 4 medical office buildings. Medical office buildings are specifically configured office buildings whose tenants are primarily physicians and other medical practitioners. Each of the companys owned medical office buildings is leased to one lessee and is either physically attached to or located on an acute care hospital campus.
Assisted living facilities: As of December 31, 2008, the company owned and leased 14 assisted living facilities and had an outstanding mortgage on 1 additional facility. Assisted living facilities are either free-standing or attached to long-term care or retirement facilities and provide basic room and board functions for the elderly. Assisted living projects include licensed long-term care (nursing home) beds. On-site staff personnel are available to assist in minor medical needs on an as-needed basis.
Retirement centers: As of December 31, 2008, the company owned and leased 4 retirement centers, 3 of which are leased to NHC and one to Sun Healthcare. Retirement centers offer specially designed residential units for the active and ambulatory elderly and provide various ancillary services for their residents, including restaurants, activity rooms and social areas.
Residences for the developmentally disabled: As of December 31, 2008, the company had outstanding first mortgage loans on 17 residences for the developmentally disabled. Residences for the developmentally disabled are generally small home-like environments which accommodate 6 to 8 mentally and developmentally disabled persons. These persons obtain custodial care which includes food, lodging, education and transportation services.
The companys customers include operators of its real estate investments, including NHC; THI of Baltimore, Inc.; Sunrise Senior Living, Inc.; Health Services Management, Inc.; Community Health Systems, Inc.; ElderTrust of Florida, Inc.; RGL Development, LLC; Senior Living Management Corporation, LLC; American HealthCare, LLC; and SeniorTrust of Florida, Inc.
The company has elected to be taxed as a REIT under Sections 856 through 860 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended. As a REIT, it generally distributes approximately 90% of its net taxable income and would not be subject to federal income tax on income that it distributes to its stockholders.
National Health Investors, Inc. was founded in 1991.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NATIONAL HEALTH INVESTORS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NATIONAL HEALTH INVESTORS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NATIONAL HEALTH INVESTORS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NATIONAL HEALTH INVESTORS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NATIONAL HEALTH INVESTORS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. National Health Investors Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of National Health Investors Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of National Health Investors Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. National Health Investors Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. National Health Investors Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NATIONAL HEALTH INVESTORS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NATIONAL HEALTH INVESTORS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NATIONAL HEALTH INVESTORS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NATIONAL HEALTH INVESTORS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NATIONAL HEALTH INVESTORS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NATIONAL HEALTH INVESTORS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
National Health Investors Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
National Health Investors Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
National Health Investors Inc. Major Shareholders
National Health Investors Inc. History
National Health Investors Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
National Health Investors Inc. Offices and Representations
National Health Investors Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
National Health Investors Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
National Health Investors Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
National Health Investors Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
National Health Investors Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
National Health Investors Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
National Health Investors Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
National Health Investors Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
National Health Investors Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
National Health Investors Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
National Health Investors Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
National Health Investors Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?