- The report contains detailed information about MI Developments Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MI Developments Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MI Developments Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MI Developments Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MI Developments Inc. business.
About MI Developments Inc.
MI Developments Inc., a real estate operating company, engages in the ownership, management, leasing, development and acquisition of industrial and commercial real estate properties. Members of the Magna International Inc. (Magna) group of companies are the companys primary tenants.
The company also owns land for industrial development and owns and acquires land that it intends to develop for mixed-use and residential projects. It also holds a majority equity interest in Magna Entertainment Corp. (MEC), an owner and operator of horse racetracks, and a supplier, through simulcasting, of live horseracing content to the inter-track, off-track and account wagering markets.
Real Estate Business
The companys real estate assets are comprised of income-producing properties, properties under development, properties held for development and properties held for sale. In addition, its assets include project financing facilities to the wholly-owned subsidiaries of MEC that own and/or operate Gulfstream Park and Remington Park.
The companys income-producing properties consist of heavy industrial manufacturing facilities, light industrial properties, corporate offices, product development and engineering centres and test facilities. As of December 31, 2009, the companys income-producing property portfolio included 106 industrial and commercial properties located in 9 countries, including Canada, the United States, Mexico, Austria, Germany, the Czech Republic, the United Kingdom, Spain, and Poland. This portfolio of income-producing properties represents 27.4 million square feet of leaseable area.
The companys properties held for development consist of lands held for future industrial expansion, lands that it had originally banked for industrial use, and properties that it has acquired from MEC and for which the company intends to seek planning and zoning changes to develop mixed-use and residential projects. As of December 31, 2009, the companys properties held for development included approximately 1,400 acres.
Non-Industrial Development Business
The company has various tracts of undeveloped land in both Canada and the United States that are not held for industrial development. It intends to rezone, develop and/or redevelop these properties over the medium- or long-term for its own account or with a joint venture partner.
MEC Project Financing Facilities
The company has participated in the redevelopment of two of MECs racing and alternative gaming venues by making available through the MID Lender two project financing facilities to the wholly-owned subsidiaries of MEC that own and/or operate Gulfstream Park.
In May 2010, Penn National Gaming Inc. and MI Developments Inc. announced they have agreed to establish a joint venture to own and operate the Maryland Jockey Club. Under the terms of the joint venture, Penn National and MID would work collaboratively to strengthen and enhance the racing operations at Laurel Park and Pimlico.
MI Developments Inc. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MI DEVELOPMENTS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MI DEVELOPMENTS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MI DEVELOPMENTS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MI DEVELOPMENTS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MI DEVELOPMENTS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MI Developments Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MI Developments Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MI Developments Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MI Developments Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MI Developments Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MI DEVELOPMENTS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MI DEVELOPMENTS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MI DEVELOPMENTS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MI DEVELOPMENTS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MI DEVELOPMENTS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MI DEVELOPMENTS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MI Developments Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MI Developments Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MI Developments Inc. Major Shareholders
MI Developments Inc. History
MI Developments Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MI Developments Inc. Offices and Representations
MI Developments Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MI Developments Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MI Developments Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
MI Developments Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
MI Developments Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MI Developments Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MI Developments Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MI Developments Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
MI Developments Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
MI Developments Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MI Developments Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MI Developments Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?