- The report contains detailed information about MHI Hospitality Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MHI Hospitality Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MHI Hospitality Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MHI Hospitality Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MHI Hospitality Corp. business.
About MHI Hospitality Corp.
MHI Hospitality Corporation, a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the ownership and management of a portfolio of full-service upper up-scale, up-scale and mid-scale hotels located in primary and secondary markets in the Mid-Atlantic, Midwest and Southeastern United States. The company conducts its business through MHI Hospitality, L.P.
As of March 15, 2007, the company's portfolio consisted of six full-service upper up-scale and mid-scale hotels with 1,537 rooms, which operate under brands such as Hilton, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn and a 186-room full-service upper up-scale hotel, which is closed undergoing extensive renovations. It also owns leasehold interests in the commercial spaces of the Shell Island Resort, a condominium resort property.
The six initial hotel properties, the Hilton Philadelphia Airport, the Holiday Inn Brownstone, the Holiday Inn Downtown Williamsburg, the Hilton Wilmington Riverside, the Hilton Savannah DeSoto and the Holiday Inn Laurel West, are located in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Georgia, Virginia and North Carolina. In July 2005, the company acquired its seventh hotel, the Hilton Jacksonville Riverfront located in Jacksonville, Florida.
During 2006, the company sold the Holiday Inn Downtown Williamsburg. The company also purchased the Louisville Ramada Riverfront Inn located in Jeffersonville, Indiana. The company also owns two leasehold interests in the Shell Island Resort, a 160-unit condominium resort property in Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina.
In 2004, the company entered into a strategic alliance agreement with MHI Hotels Services pursuant to which the company offers MHI Hotels Services or its subsidiaries the right to manage hotel properties that it acquires in the United States. The company's hotels are leased to its TRS Lessee, which has engaged MHI Hotels Services to manage the hotels. In September 2006 the company executed a strategic alliance agreement with Coakley Williams under which Coakley Williams provides with non-exclusive investment opportunities originated by Coakley Williams.
In April 2007, the company announced that it has entered into a joint venture with global private equity firm The Carlyle Group to source, underwrite, acquire, develop and operate targeted substantial hotel assets and/or hotel portfolios.
The company, in March 2009, opened the Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore in Tampa, Florida. The 11-story hotel underwent a renovation of both the interior and exterior. The newly reconfigured asset features 222 guest rooms including 44 Cabana suites, as well as 10,000 square feet of flexible meeting and pre-function space; a 6,500 square foot signature restaurant lease space; an outdoor pool, and approximately 250 surface parking spaces.
The company has elected to be treated as a REIT for federal income tax purposes. As a REIT, it would not be subject to federal income tax, provided it distributes at least 90% of its taxable income to its shareholders.
MHI Hospitality Corporation was founded in 1957.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MHI HOSPITALITY CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MHI HOSPITALITY CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MHI HOSPITALITY CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MHI HOSPITALITY CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MHI HOSPITALITY CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MHI Hospitality Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MHI Hospitality Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MHI Hospitality Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MHI Hospitality Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MHI Hospitality Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. MHI HOSPITALITY CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MHI HOSPITALITY CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MHI HOSPITALITY CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MHI HOSPITALITY CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MHI HOSPITALITY CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MHI HOSPITALITY CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MHI Hospitality Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MHI Hospitality Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MHI Hospitality Corp. Major Shareholders
MHI Hospitality Corp. History
MHI Hospitality Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MHI Hospitality Corp. Offices and Representations
MHI Hospitality Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MHI Hospitality Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MHI Hospitality Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
MHI Hospitality Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
MHI Hospitality Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MHI Hospitality Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MHI Hospitality Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MHI Hospitality Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
MHI Hospitality Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
MHI Hospitality Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MHI Hospitality Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MHI Hospitality Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?