- The report contains detailed information about Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. business.
About Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc.
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in resort operations and real estate development and sales activities in the United States. The company has two subsidiaries Maui Pineapple Company, Ltd. and Kapalua Land Company, Ltd.
The company operates through two segments, Resort and Community Development.
Community Development segment
The Community Development segment includes real estate entitlement, development, construction, sales, and leasing activities. This segment also includes the operations of Kapalua Realty Company, a general brokerage real estate company located within Kapalua Resort and its Public Utilities Commission-regulated water and sewage transmission operations. The Community Development segment includes its 51 percent equity interest in Kapalua Bay Holdings, LLC. The companys property on West Maui includes approximately 21,800 acres, most of which remain as conservation or open space. The company has approximately 1,600 acres of land in Maui.
The Kapalua Resort includes 1,650 acres bordering the ocean with three white sand beaches and includes two championship golf courses the Kapalua Spa, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua hotel, the Ritz-Carlton Residences, and Club Kapalua Bay, eight residential neighborhoods, a ten-court tennis facility, various restaurants, 700 single-family residential lots, condominiums, and homes.
The Kapalua Resort includes a trail system that runs along the ocean, through the mountains and winds through the resort. The company operates the Kapalua Resort's golf courses, the Kapalua Golf Academy, spa, tennis facility and retail shops. It also manages The Kapalua Club, a membership program that provides certain privileges within the Kapalua Resort for its members.
In 2009, the company discontinued its Agriculture segment, which was engaged in growing, packing, and marketing fresh pineapple. In 2009, the company entered into agreements with Haliimaile Pineapple Company, Limited (HPC). The agreements provided for HPC to harvest the fruit in the ground and to begin growing and marketing Maui Gold pineapple.
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc was founded in 1909.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MAUI LAND & PINEAPPLE COMPANY, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MAUI LAND & PINEAPPLE COMPANY, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MAUI LAND & PINEAPPLE COMPANY, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MAUI LAND & PINEAPPLE COMPANY, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MAUI LAND & PINEAPPLE COMPANY, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MAUI LAND & PINEAPPLE COMPANY, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MAUI LAND & PINEAPPLE COMPANY, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MAUI LAND & PINEAPPLE COMPANY, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MAUI LAND & PINEAPPLE COMPANY, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MAUI LAND & PINEAPPLE COMPANY, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MAUI LAND & PINEAPPLE COMPANY, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. Major Shareholders
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. History
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. Offices and Representations
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?