- The report contains detailed information about InnVest REIT that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for InnVest REIT. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The InnVest REIT financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes InnVest REIT competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of InnVest REIT business.
About InnVest REIT
InnVest Real Estate Investment Trust operates as an open-ended real estate investment trust. The company is focused on the ownership and acquisition of hotel properties. It also indirectly owns 50% of Choice Canada, a franchisor of hotels in Canada.
The company holds, directly and indirectly through subsidiary partnerships and corporations, the Portfolio, consisting of 137 Canadian hotel properties operated under international brands, and a 50% interest in Choice Canada. The Operator, a subsidiary limited partnership of the company, together with its subsidiaries and certain other subsidiaries of the company, operates the Hotel Businesses and leases the Hotel Properties from the company and its subsidiaries. 98 of the hotels in the Portfolio are operated under franchise agreements with Choice Canada, and 38 of the hotels are operated under franchise agreements with other franchisors.
Hotel Asset Description
Choice Canada brands, including Comfort Inn, Quality Hotel, Quality Suites, and Quality Inn make up 56% of the Portfolio's guest rooms. Holiday Inn and Travelodge are the other significant brands, representing 17% and 12% of the Portfolio's guest rooms respectively.
Comfort Inn is a mid-scale limited service hotel brand as measured by number of locations, with 148 locations (open or under development) in Canada (including the Comfort Inns in the Portfolio) and approximately 2,850 locations worldwide. InnVest REIT is the owner of Comfort Inns in Canada, with approximately 57% of locations. The Comfort Inns in the portfolio are two-storey, interior corridor buildings located in suburban areas with access to primary highways. They range in size from 59 to 146 guest rooms. Guest room amenities include cable/satellite television, in-room movies, work desks, data ports and high-speed wireless internet, hair dryers, coffee makers, and irons and ironing boards. Continental breakfast is served as a part of the brand product standards.
The Travelodges in the Portfolio are located across Canada, principally in population centres in Ontario, Alberta and Saskatchewan. The Travelodges range in size from 100 to 254 guest rooms. Eight of the Travelodges are multi storey, mid-scale hotels located in urban areas. The remainder is two-storey, interior corridor buildings located in suburban areas with access to major highways. Guest room amenities include cable/satellite television, in room movies, work desks, data ports, in room coffee makers and hair dryers. Hotel amenities include an indoor pool, whirlpool, fitness room, limited meeting space and, in the case of most hotels, a restaurant and/or lounge which are typically leased to a third party operator.
Quality Suites/Quality Inn and Quality Hotel
The Quality Suites/Quality Inns and Quality Hotels in the Portfolio are located in urban downtown locations, airport locations or in suburban areas with access to primary highways. The Quality Suites/Quality Inns in the Portfolio range in size from 96 to 254 suites or guest rooms. Suites consist of two rooms of approximately 460 square feet in total area. Bedroom amenities include king-size beds, cable/satellite television, in-room movies, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards, data ports and high-speed wireless internet and separate dressing areas with a mirrored vanity and closet. Living room amenities include a pullout sofa bed, a large work table, in-room coffee makers and a second telephone and television.
The Quality Hotels in the Portfolio range in size from 140 to 212 guest rooms. Room amenities at the Quality Hotels include cable/satellite television, in-room movies, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards, data ports and in-room coffee makers. Hotel amenities include meeting space, a breakfast room or restaurant and guest laundry services.
The Holiday Inns in the Portfolio are located principally in population centres in Ontario. The Holiday Inns range in size from 136 to 240 guest rooms. The brand offers guest rooms equipped with data ports and high-speed wireless internet, coffeemakers, hair dryers and irons. Other full-service amenities offered are restaurants and room service, a relaxing lounge, swimming pool, fitness centre and, for the business traveller, Holiday Inn hotels offer 24-hour business services and meeting facilities.
The Radisson hotels range in size from 144 to 216 guest rooms. Radisson Hotels & Resorts, operates, manages and franchises approximately 410 hotels and resorts in 63 countries. They provide personalized, professional guest service at every point of guest contact at approximately 410 hotels and resorts in 63 countries. In addition to providing guest room amenities such as coffeemakers, hair dryers and irons, the Radisson hotels also provide certain full service amenities such as restaurants and room service, fitness centres and recreational facilities, high-speed wireless internet access, meeting and banquet facilities as well as online meeting/event planning tools.
The Hilton hotels range in size from 83 to 571 guest rooms. Hilton Hotels, operates, manages and franchises hotels and resorts worldwide. The brand offers guest rooms equipped with high-speed wireless internet access, coffeemakers, hair dryers and irons. Other full-service amenities offered are restaurants and room service, a lounge, swimming pool, fitness centre and meeting facilities.
The Delta hotels range in size from 159 to 245 guest rooms. Delta Hotels, operates, manages and franchises 41 hotels and resorts in Canada. They provide personalized, professional guest service at 40 city-centre, airport and resort properties.
The Portfolio also includes one hotel operated under the Best Western flag and an independent hotel named Les Suites, located in Ottawa, Ontario.
The companys competitors include The Whitehall Funds and the Westmont Group.
InnVest Real Estate Investment Trust was founded in 2001.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INNVEST REIT COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INNVEST REIT BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INNVEST REIT SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INNVEST REIT FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INNVEST REIT COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. InnVest REIT Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of InnVest REIT and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of InnVest REIT and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. InnVest REIT Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. InnVest REIT Industry Position Analysis
6. INNVEST REIT NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INNVEST REIT EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INNVEST REIT ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INNVEST REIT IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INNVEST REIT PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INNVEST REIT VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
InnVest REIT Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
InnVest REIT Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
InnVest REIT Major Shareholders
InnVest REIT History
InnVest REIT Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
InnVest REIT Offices and Representations
InnVest REIT SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
InnVest REIT Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
InnVest REIT Capital Market Snapshot
InnVest REIT Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
InnVest REIT Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
InnVest REIT Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
InnVest REIT Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
InnVest REIT 1-year Stock Charts
InnVest REIT 5-year Stock Charts
InnVest REIT vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
InnVest REIT vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
InnVest REIT Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?