- The report contains detailed information about Health Care REIT Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Health Care REIT Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Health Care REIT Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Health Care REIT Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Health Care REIT Inc. business.
About Health Care REIT Inc.
Health Care REIT, Inc. operates as a self-administered, equity real estate investment trust. The company invests in senior housing and health care real estate, including independent living/continuing care retirement communities, assisted living facilities, skilled nursing facilities, hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals and medical office buildings.
The company, through the Windrose Medical Properties Division, has property management capabilities and capability in the medical office and hospital sector. Through its Hospital Affiliates Development Corporation subsidiary, the company offers project management, facility planning and property development services.
As of December 31, 2006, the companys portfolio included 204 assisted living facilities, 221 skilled nursing facilities, 47 independent living/continuing care retirement communities, 89 medical office buildings and 17 specialty care facilities.
The companys primary property types include investment properties and operating properties. Investment properties include skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, independent living/continuing care retirement communities and specialty care facilities. The companys operating properties include stand-alone facilities that provide one level of service, combination facilities that provide multiple levels of service, and communities or campuses that provide a range of services.
Assisted Living Facilities
Assisted living facilities are state regulated rental properties that provide the same services as independent living facilities and also provide supportive care from trained employees to residents who require assistance with activities of daily living, including management of medications, bathing, dressing, toileting, ambulating and eating.
Alzheimers/Dementia Care Facilities: Certain assisted living facilities may include state licensed settings that specialize in caring for those afflicted with Alzheimers disease and/or similar forms of dementia.
Skilled Nursing Facilities
Skilled nursing facilities are licensed daily rate or rental properties where the majority of individuals require 24-hour nursing and/or medical care. These properties are licensed for Medicaid and/or Medicare reimbursement.
Independent Living/Continuing Care Retirement Communities
Continuing Care Retirement Communities: Continuing care retirement communities include a combination of detached homes, an independent living facility, an assisted living facility and/or a skilled nursing facility on one campus. These communities are appealing to residents.
Active Adult Communities: Active adult communities contain primarily for-sale single-family homes, townhomes, cluster homes, mobile homes and/or condominiums with no specialized services. These communities are typically restricted or targeted to adults at least 55 years of age or older. Communities may include amenities such as a clubhouse, golf course and recreational spaces.
Independent Living Facilities: Independent living facilities are age-restricted multifamily properties with central dining facilities that provide residents access to meals and other services, such as housekeeping, linen service, transportation and social and recreational activities.
Specialty Care Facilities
The companys specialty care facilities include acute care hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals and other specialty care hospitals. Acute care hospitals provide a range of inpatient and outpatient services, including surgery, rehabilitation, therapy and clinical laboratories. Long-term acute care hospitals provide inpatient services for patients with complex medical conditions that require intensive care, monitoring or emergency support. Other specialty care hospitals provide specialized inpatient and outpatient care for specific illnesses or diseases, including, among others, orthopedic, neurosurgical and behavioral care.
Medical Office Buildings
Medical office buildings are office and clinic facilities, located near hospitals or on hospital campuses, specifically constructed and designed for the use of physicians and other health care person
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HEALTH CARE REIT INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HEALTH CARE REIT INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HEALTH CARE REIT INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HEALTH CARE REIT INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HEALTH CARE REIT INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Health Care REIT Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Health Care REIT Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Health Care REIT Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Health Care REIT Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Health Care REIT Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HEALTH CARE REIT INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HEALTH CARE REIT INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HEALTH CARE REIT INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HEALTH CARE REIT INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HEALTH CARE REIT INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HEALTH CARE REIT INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Health Care REIT Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Health Care REIT Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Health Care REIT Inc. Major Shareholders
Health Care REIT Inc. History
Health Care REIT Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Health Care REIT Inc. Offices and Representations
Health Care REIT Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Health Care REIT Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Health Care REIT Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Health Care REIT Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
Health Care REIT Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Health Care REIT Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Health Care REIT Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Health Care REIT Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Health Care REIT Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Health Care REIT Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Health Care REIT Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Health Care REIT Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?