- The report contains detailed information about Genesis Land Development Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Genesis Land Development Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Genesis Land Development Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Genesis Land Development Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Genesis Land Development Corp. business.
About Genesis Land Development Corp.
Genesis Land Development Corp. (the corporation) was incorporated under the Business Corporation Act (Alberta) in 1997. The Corporation is an Alberta-based residential real estate development company. The business of the Corporation has been carried on since 1992 through several predecessor companies and joint ventures. Most of the business of the Corporation was conducted through its predecessor companies, Genesis Land Developers Ltd. (Genesis Land).
The Corporation specializes in the development and construction of residential subdivisions and residential and commercial construction projects in Western Canada. The Corporation is presently developing and marketing an aggregate of four residential development projects of which two are located in Calgary and in Airdrie, Alberta, consisting of approximately 1600 dwelling lots. The Corporation is also involved in the acquisition and development of retail and commercial properties.
The Land Division principally develops residential lots in the cities of Calgary and Airdrie, Alberta. Developments in Kamloops, Prince George and Dawson Creek, British Columbia are being held pending economic improvement in that province. The Corporations Land Division has serviced, independently and with its joint venture partners, a total of more than 2,300 dwelling lots in Alberta and British Columbia.
The Corporation specializes in the development of residential subdivisions in Western Canada. Over the past seven years, the Corporation and its predecessor companies have acquired over 4,700 acres of residential, commercial and light industrial lands in twelve different projects.
The Canals and Bayside (100% interest)
The Corporation commenced development of this 640-acre parcel located in the City of Airdrie in 1997. Phase 1, comprising of 76 lots has been fully developed and sold in 1999. The Corporation serviced and sold phase 2 consisting of 222 lots and 2.47 acres of commercial land in 2002. Phase 3 (north-side) consisting of 112 lots was serviced and sold in 2003. Servicing of phases 5 and 7 consisting of 156 lots commenced in 2003 and is expected to be completed and sold in 2004. Bayside phase 1 comprising of 99 lots was completed and sold in the fall of 2002. The servicing in Bayside phase 2 commenced in late 2003, comprising of 88 lots of which 57 lots were sold in December of 2003.
The concept plan provides for a linear park system running parallel to the canal system, consisting of a fresh water lake and canal system that provides year round recreation facilities for canoeing, swimming, and ice skating. The concept plan also provides for more schools, multi-family and commercial sites within the property.
Taravista (100% interest)
The Corporation has completed development of phases 1-6 of this 480-acre parcel in northeast Calgary, and serviced and sold 696 lots, 10.5-acre commercial and 20-acre multi-family sites to December 2003. The development of 450 lots in phases 79 plus 6.3 acres commercial was initiated in 2003. Taravista, which is approximately 20 minutes from downtown Calgary, is expected to be a comprehensive community package of affordable housing, adult and senior living with convenient amenities.
Symons Valley (100% interest)
The Corporation commenced development of phases 1-4 of this 775-acre parcel in northwest Calgary in the fall of 2002. The entire project comprises of approximately 4,500 lots, with the first three phases consisting of 401 lots, which were all sold in 2002 and 2003. Phase 4 with 100 lots is expected to be serviced and sold in 2004. This project has been designed to include an interconnected pedestrian pathway system, which will provide walking, jogging and cycling facilities surrounded by scenic views of the natural topography. Housing is expected to be in the $180,000 to $350,000 price range. The Symons Valley Community Plan received the approval of City Council in April 2001, paving the way for submission of detailed development and rezoning plans. Genesis is the only developer that has a 35-acre C5 commercial lot under the Area Structure Plan and is presently pursuing to obta
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GENESIS LAND DEVELOPMENT CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GENESIS LAND DEVELOPMENT CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GENESIS LAND DEVELOPMENT CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GENESIS LAND DEVELOPMENT CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GENESIS LAND DEVELOPMENT CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Genesis Land Development Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Genesis Land Development Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Genesis Land Development Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Genesis Land Development Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Genesis Land Development Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. GENESIS LAND DEVELOPMENT CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GENESIS LAND DEVELOPMENT CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GENESIS LAND DEVELOPMENT CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GENESIS LAND DEVELOPMENT CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GENESIS LAND DEVELOPMENT CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GENESIS LAND DEVELOPMENT CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Genesis Land Development Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Genesis Land Development Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Genesis Land Development Corp. Major Shareholders
Genesis Land Development Corp. History
Genesis Land Development Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Genesis Land Development Corp. Offices and Representations
Genesis Land Development Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Genesis Land Development Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Genesis Land Development Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Genesis Land Development Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
Genesis Land Development Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Genesis Land Development Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Genesis Land Development Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Genesis Land Development Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Genesis Land Development Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Genesis Land Development Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Genesis Land Development Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Genesis Land Development Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?