- The report contains detailed information about Forest City Enterprises Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Forest City Enterprises Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Forest City Enterprises Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Forest City Enterprises Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Forest City Enterprises Inc. business.
About Forest City Enterprises Inc.
Forest City Enterprises, Inc. engages in the ownership, development, management, and acquisition of commercial and residential real estate properties in the United States and the District of Columbia. The companys main markets include Boston, the state of California, Chicago, Denver, the New York City/Philadelphia metropolitan area and the Greater Washington D.C./Baltimore metropolitan area.
The company operates through three primary strategic business units, including Commercial Group, Residential Group, and Land Development Group.
Commercial Group, the companys main business unit, owns, develops, acquires and operates regional malls, specialty/urban retail centers, office and life science buildings, hotels and mixed-use projects.
Residential Group owns, develops, acquires and operates residential rental properties, including upscale and middle-market apartments and adaptive re-use developments. Additionally, it develops for-sale condominium projects and also owns interests in entities that develop and manage military family housing.
Land Development Group acquires and sells both land and developed lots to residential, commercial and industrial customers. It also owns and develops land into master-planned communities and mixed-use projects.
The companys segments include Commercial Group, Residential Group, Land Development Group, and the New Jersey Nets (The Nets).
This segment develops and/or acquires retail projects, and office and mixed-use projects. The Commercial Group owns a portfolio in both urban and suburban locations in 16 states and the District of Columbia. The Commercial Group targets densely populated markets where it uses its expertise to develop complex projects, often employing public and/or private partnerships. As of January 31, 2010, the Commercial Group owned interests in 98 completed properties, including 46 retail properties (approximately 15 million gross leasable square feet), 47 office properties (approximately 13.5 million gross leasable square feet) and 5 hotels (1,833 rooms).
As of January 31, 2010, the Commercial Groups retail portfolio consisted of 17 regional malls with gross leasable area (GLA) of 8.1 million square feet and 29 specialty retail centers with a total GLA of 6.5 million square feet. The Commercial Group has 2 specialty retail centers under construction with GLA of 1.0 million square feet. The Commercial Group also had 1 regional mall under construction with GLA of 1.3 million square feet.
In its office development activities, the company is primarily a build-to-suit developer that works with tenants to meet their requirements. Its office development has focused primarily on mixed-use projects in urban developments, often built in conjunction with hotels and/or retail centers or as part of a major office or life science campus.
This segment owns, develops, acquires, leases and manages residential rental properties in 21 states and the District of Columbia. Its residential portfolio includes middle-market apartments, upscale urban properties and adaptive re-use developments. The Residential Group develops for-sale condominium projects and also owns, develops and manages military family housing.
As of January 31, 2010, the Residential Groups operating portfolio consisted of 34,707 units in 119 properties in which Forest City has an ownership interest. In addition, the company owns a residual interest in and manages 5 properties containing 741 units of syndicated senior citizen subsidized housing.
Land Development Group
This segment acquires and sells raw land and sells fully-entitled developed lots to residential, commercial and industrial customers. The Land Development Group also owns and develops raw land into master-planned communities, mixed-use projects and other residential developments.
As of January 31, 2010, the company owned approximately 10,543 acres of undeveloped land (including 7,756 of saleable acres) for these commercial and residential development purposes. The company had an option to purchase 1,474 acres of developable land at its Stapleton project in Denver, Colorado, and 5,731 acres of developable land at its Mesa del Sol project in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The company has land development projects in 12 states.
During 2009, the company had purchased 1,461 acres at Stapleton, leaving a balance of 1,474 acres. Aside from land development and sales activities, the company has approximately 2 million square feet of retail space, approximately 350,000 square feet of office space, approximately 1.2 million of other commercial space and 484 apartment units in place.
During 2009, the company had purchased 3,175 acres at Mesa del Sol, of which 2,336 saleable acres are on hand as of January 31, 2010. Aside from land development and sales activities, Mesa del Sol has 375,000 square feet of office space in place, which is included in the Commercial Group segment.
In addition to sales activities of the Land Development Group, the company also sells land acquired by its Commercial Group and Residential Group adjacent to their respective projects.
The company has an ownership interest in The Nets, a member of the National Basketball Association (NBA). The Nets segment is primarily comprised of and reports on the sports operations of the basketball team.
Forest City Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1920.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FOREST CITY ENTERPRISES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FOREST CITY ENTERPRISES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FOREST CITY ENTERPRISES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FOREST CITY ENTERPRISES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FOREST CITY ENTERPRISES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Forest City Enterprises Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Forest City Enterprises Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Forest City Enterprises Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Forest City Enterprises Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Forest City Enterprises Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. FOREST CITY ENTERPRISES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FOREST CITY ENTERPRISES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FOREST CITY ENTERPRISES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FOREST CITY ENTERPRISES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FOREST CITY ENTERPRISES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FOREST CITY ENTERPRISES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Forest City Enterprises Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Forest City Enterprises Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Forest City Enterprises Inc. Major Shareholders
Forest City Enterprises Inc. History
Forest City Enterprises Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Forest City Enterprises Inc. Offices and Representations
Forest City Enterprises Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Forest City Enterprises Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Forest City Enterprises Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Forest City Enterprises Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
Forest City Enterprises Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Forest City Enterprises Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Forest City Enterprises Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Forest City Enterprises Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Forest City Enterprises Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Forest City Enterprises Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Forest City Enterprises Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Forest City Enterprises Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?