- The report contains detailed information about FirstService Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for FirstService Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The FirstService Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes FirstService Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of FirstService Corp. business.
About FirstService Corp.
FirstService Corporation provides real estate-related services to commercial, institutional and residential customers in North America and various countries around the world.
The companys operations are conducted through three segments: Commercial Real Estate Services; Residential Property Management; and Property Services.
Commercial Real Estate Services
In its Commercial Real Estate Services Segment, the company is an international commercial real estate services provider offering a range of commercial real estate services in the United States, Canada, Australia, and other countries in Europe, Asia and Latin America. It provides services to owners, investors and tenants, including brokerage (sale, leasing, and mortgage), property management and maintenance, valuation, project management, and corporate advisory services. FirstService operates principally under the Colliers International brand name.
The companys brokerage activities focus primarily on office, industrial, retail and multi-unit residential properties. Its client base includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. It also offers commercial property management services. The companys international corporate services group partners with large corporations in managing their overall portfolio and transactions.
Residential Property Management
In its Residential Property Management Segment, the company is a manager of private residential communities in North America. Private residential communities include condominiums, cooperatives, gated communities, homeowner associations and a variety of other residential developments governed by common interest or multi-unit residential community associations (collectively referred to as community associations). The company manages approximately 1 million residential units in 3,700 community associations in 18 American states. FirstService operates under the umbrella brand name FirstService Residential Management, along with regional brands. In the Southeast, FirstService operates primarily under the Continental brand in Florida and in Georgia as Community One. In the mid-Atlantic, FirstService operates primarily under the Wentworth, Cooper Square, Planned Companies and American Pool brands. In the Southwest, FirstService operates as Rossmar & Graham in Arizona, as RMI in Nevada and as Merit in California. In the Midwest, FirstService operates as Wolin-Levin in Illinois and as Premier in Texas.
The company is a full-service property manager and in various markets it provides a range of ancillary services, including grounds maintenance, landscaping, painting, pest control, irrigation, home service contracts, real estate sales and leasing, heating, air conditioning, plumbing and swimming pool management and maintenance. FirstService also provides rental management and maintenance services to: property owners; and individual investors or owners of single or multiple residential units, many of which are within the communities FirstService manages. In most markets, FirstService also provides advisory services with respect to financial services (primarily lock-box and other transaction-related services and insurance brokerage) utilizing the scale of FirstService's operations to economically benefit clients.
In FirstService's Property Services division, FirstService provides various residential and commercial services in North America through three service delivery channels: vendor networks, franchising, and branchising. The principal brands in this division include Field Asset Services (FAS), California Closet Company (California Closets), Paul Davis Restoration, CertaPro Painters, College Pro Painters (College Pro), Pillar to Post Home Inspection, Handyman Connection, and Floorcoverings International.
Vendor network: FAS operates as a residential property preservation services company in the United States. FAS provides property preservation, maintenance, and repair services to residential mortgage lenders and servicers in America for residential properties acquired through foreclosure. All maintenance and repair services are managed throu
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FIRSTSERVICE CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FIRSTSERVICE CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FIRSTSERVICE CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FIRSTSERVICE CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FIRSTSERVICE CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. FirstService Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of FirstService Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of FirstService Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. FirstService Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. FirstService Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. FIRSTSERVICE CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FIRSTSERVICE CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FIRSTSERVICE CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FIRSTSERVICE CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FIRSTSERVICE CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FIRSTSERVICE CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
FirstService Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
FirstService Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
FirstService Corp. Major Shareholders
FirstService Corp. History
FirstService Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
FirstService Corp. Offices and Representations
FirstService Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
FirstService Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
FirstService Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
FirstService Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
FirstService Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
FirstService Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
FirstService Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
FirstService Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
FirstService Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
FirstService Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
FirstService Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
FirstService Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?