- The report contains detailed information about FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for FelCor Lodging Trust Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. business.
About FelCor Lodging Trust Inc.
FelCor Lodging Trust Incorporated operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT). The company is the sole general partner of, and the owner of 97% partnership interest in, FelCor Lodging Limited Partnership, or FelCor LP, through which it held ownership interests in 99 hotels with approximately 28,000 rooms and suites.
As of December 31, 2006, the company owned a 100% interest in 72 hotels, a 90% or greater interest in entities owing five hotels, a 75% interest in an entity owning one hotel, a 60% interest in an entity owning two hotels and a 50% interest in entities owning 19 hotels.
The company's hotels are located in the United States (23 states) and Canada, with concentrations in major metropolitan and resort areas. The company owns the major number of Embassy Suites Hotels and Doubletree Guest Suites hotels.
The company has alliances with Hilton Hotels Corporation (Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton and Doubletree), InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (Holiday Inn) and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (Sheraton and Westin).
Hilton Hotels Corporation: Hilton Hotels Corporation develops, owns, manages or franchises approximately 2,300 hotels, resorts and vacation ownership properties. Its portfolio includes many of the worlds best known and most highly regarded hotel brands, including Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Doubletree, Embassy Suites Hotels, Conrad, Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites by Hilton, among others. Hilton is a 50% partner in joint ventures with the company in the ownership of 12 hotels and the management of residential condominiums, and is the holder of a 10% equity interest in certain of its consolidated subsidiaries owning four hotels.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC: InterContinental Hotels Group PLC owns, manages, leases or franchises, through various subsidiaries, approximately 3,600 hotels and 540,000 guest rooms in approximately 100 countries and territories around the world. IHG owns a portfolio of well recognized and respected hotel brands including InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, and also manages the worlds largest hotel loyalty program, Priority Club Rewards, with more than 30 million members worldwide.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. operates as a hotel and leisure companies in the world with approximately 860 properties with 264,000 rooms in 95 countries. With internationally renowned brands, Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels and resorts including: St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, Le Meridien, Sheraton, Westin, Four Points by Sheraton and W brands. Starwood is a 40% joint venture partner with the company in the ownership of two hotels and a 50% joint venture partner with it in the ownership of one hotel.
The company is elected to be taxed as a REIT under the federal income tax laws and is not subject to federal income taxation at the corporate level on taxable income that is distributed to its stockholders.
FelCor Lodging Trust, Inc. was incorporated in 1994.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FELCOR LODGING TRUST INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FELCOR LODGING TRUST INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FELCOR LODGING TRUST INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FELCOR LODGING TRUST INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FELCOR LODGING TRUST INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. FELCOR LODGING TRUST INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FELCOR LODGING TRUST INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FELCOR LODGING TRUST INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FELCOR LODGING TRUST INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FELCOR LODGING TRUST INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FELCOR LODGING TRUST INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. Major Shareholders
FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. History
FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. Offices and Representations
FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?