- The report contains detailed information about Associated Estates Realty Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Associated Estates Realty Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Associated Estates Realty Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Associated Estates Realty Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Associated Estates Realty Corp. business.
About Associated Estates Realty Corp.
Associated Estates Realty Corporation operates as a real estate investment trust. The company is a fully integrated multifamily real estate company engaged in property acquisition, advisory, development, management, disposition, operation and ownership activities.
The company owns three REIT subsidiaries that provide management and other services to it and to third parties. As of December 31, 2006, it owned or property managed 99 apartment communities in nine states consisting of 20,558 units. The company owns, either directly or indirectly through subsidiaries, or holds ownership interests in 66 of the 99 apartment communities containing 15,355 units in eight states. Twelve of those owned or partially owned apartment communities, consisting of 1,254 units, are Affordable Housing communities.
The company also property manages 33 communities in which it do not have an ownership interest, consisting of 5,203 units. Additionally, it asset manages a 186-unit apartment community and one commercial property containing approximately 145,000 square feet. Large pension funds, non-profit organizations, and affiliated or non-affiliated third parties own the managed properties. In January 2007, the company assumed property management responsibilities for a 200-unit Affordable Housing property located in Pennsylvania. In February 2007, it completed the sale of a 120-unit congregate care property located in Northeast Ohio.
The company has four segments: Acquisition/Disposition multifamily properties, Same Community Market-Rate (Market-Rate) multifamily properties, Affordable Housing multifamily properties, and Management and Service Operations.
Acquisition/Disposition: The Acquisition/Disposition properties represent acquired or developed properties which have not yet reached stabilization and properties that have been sold or are classified as held for sale in accordance with SFAS 144, Accounting for the Impairment or Disposal of Long-Lived Assets.
Market-Rate: The Market-Rate properties are wholly owned conventional multifamily residential properties that the company has owned for the entirety of the comparison periods.
Affordable Housing: The Affordable Housing properties are multifamily properties for which the rents are subsidized and certain aspects of the operations are regulated by U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in compliance with Section 8 of the National Housing Act of 1937.
Management and Service Operations: The Management and Service Operations provide management and advisory services to the Acquired, Market-Rate and Affordable Housing properties that the company owns or has an investment in, as well as to non-owned properties that it manages. This segment also includes the results from the companys painting subsidiary, Merit Painting Services.
REIT Tax Status
The company has elected to be taxed as a real estate investment trust (REIT) under the Internal Revenue Code. The company would not be taxed on the portion of its income, which is distributed to shareholders, provided it distributes at least 90% of its taxable income.
Associated Estates Realty Corporation was founded in 1993.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ASSOCIATED ESTATES REALTY CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ASSOCIATED ESTATES REALTY CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ASSOCIATED ESTATES REALTY CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ASSOCIATED ESTATES REALTY CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ASSOCIATED ESTATES REALTY CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Associated Estates Realty Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Associated Estates Realty Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Associated Estates Realty Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Associated Estates Realty Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Associated Estates Realty Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. ASSOCIATED ESTATES REALTY CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ASSOCIATED ESTATES REALTY CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ASSOCIATED ESTATES REALTY CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ASSOCIATED ESTATES REALTY CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ASSOCIATED ESTATES REALTY CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ASSOCIATED ESTATES REALTY CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Associated Estates Realty Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Associated Estates Realty Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Associated Estates Realty Corp. Major Shareholders
Associated Estates Realty Corp. History
Associated Estates Realty Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Associated Estates Realty Corp. Offices and Representations
Associated Estates Realty Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Associated Estates Realty Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Associated Estates Realty Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Associated Estates Realty Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
Associated Estates Realty Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Associated Estates Realty Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Associated Estates Realty Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Associated Estates Realty Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Associated Estates Realty Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Associated Estates Realty Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Associated Estates Realty Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Associated Estates Realty Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?