Windstream Corporation Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Windstream Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Windstream Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Windstream Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Windstream Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Windstream Corporation business.
About Windstream Corporation
Windstream Corporation, a telecommunications company, provides phone, high-speed Internet, and digital television services. The company also offers a range of IP-based voice and data services and advanced phone systems and equipment to businesses and government agencies. As of December 31, 2009, the company provided service to approximately 3.0 million access lines and 1.1 million high-speed Internet customers primarily located in rural areas in 16 states.
The companys Wireline segment consists of its retail and wholesale telecommunications services. Windstreams subsidiaries provide facilities-based services in primarily rural areas in 16 states. As of December 31, 2009, the company provided communication services to customers located in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Texas.
In addition, certain of Windstreams subsidiaries serve as a service provider in four states on both a facilities-based and resale basis, and, where necessary, have negotiated interconnection agreements with the appropriate incumbent local exchange carriers.
Products and Offerings
The companys voice services consist of traditional telephone services provided from telephone exchange offices to customer premises of both residential and business customers. Its basic services are local dial-tone, and enhanced services that include call waiting, call forwarding, caller identification, three-way calling, no-answer transfer, voicemail, and other enhanced services.
Long distance services are offered through wholesale arrangements with various interexchange carriers and include switched interstate, intrastate, and international long distance as well as operator services. These services are primarily marketed as flat-rate calling plans or part of product bundles, which may include voice, high-speed Internet, long distance and video. Long distance plans that bill on a per minute basis are also offered.
Data and special access services primarily consist of retail high-speed Internet services and the provision of special access dedicated circuits. The company provides high-speed Internet access using digital subscriber line technology. Windstreams Greenstreak product offers high-speed Internet along with measured local phone service that allows unlimited incoming calls, 911 access, and outgoing local calls for 10 cents a minute. Windstreams Internet Security Suite offers a service package that stops viruses, blocks spyware, prevents hacking, improves PC health, secures user identity and protects children from objectionable Web sites. The company also provides Internet access services to dial up Internet subscribers and data transmission services over special circuits, Ethernet based access and private lines. The companys Internet access services also enable customers to establish an e-mail account and to send and receive e-mail. In addition, the company offers enhanced Internet services to its business customers, which include obtaining Internet protocol addresses, Web site design and hosting.
The companys special access services provide business and wholesale customers point-to-point switching arrangements for voice and data traffic, and allow constant use at maximum capacity.
Switched access and interconnection services are provided by the company by connecting the equipment and facilities of its customers to the communications networks of long distance carriers, other competitive local service providers, and wireless carriers. In addition, the company provides cable television service to approximately 49,000 customers in Georgia, Missouri, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania.
As of December 31, 2009 the company had over 1,132,000 total high-speed Internet customers.
The company, in February 2010, acquired NuVox, Inc. (NuVox), a competitive local exchange carrier based in Greenville, South Carolina. The completion of the NuVox acquisition added approximately 90,000 business customer locations in 16 contiguous southwestern and midwest states. NuVoxs services include voice over Internet protocol, local and long-distance voice, broadband Internet access, email, voicemail, Web hosting, secure electronic data storage and backup, Internet security and virtual private networks.
The company, in December 2009, acquired Lexcom, Inc. (Lexcom), which resulted in the addition of approximately 22,000 access lines, 9,000 high-speed Internet customers, and 12,000 cable television customers in North Carolina.
The company, in November 2009, closed its merger with D&E Communications, Inc. (D&E), which resulted in the addition of approximately 110,000 incumbent local exchange carrier (ILEC) access lines, 35,000 competitive local exchange carrier (CLEC) access lines, 45,000 high-speed Internet customers and 9,000 cable television customers.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WINDSTREAM CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WINDSTREAM CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WINDSTREAM CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WINDSTREAM CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WINDSTREAM CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Windstream Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Windstream Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Windstream Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Windstream Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Windstream Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. WINDSTREAM CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WINDSTREAM CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WINDSTREAM CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WINDSTREAM CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WINDSTREAM CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WINDSTREAM CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Windstream Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Windstream Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Windstream Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Windstream Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Windstream Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Windstream Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Windstream Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Windstream Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Windstream Corporation Major Shareholders
Windstream Corporation History
Windstream Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Windstream Corporation Offices and Representations
Windstream Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Windstream Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Windstream Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Windstream Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Windstream Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Windstream Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?