- The report contains detailed information about Weight Watchers International, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Weight Watchers International, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Weight Watchers International, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Weight Watchers International, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Weight Watchers International, Inc. business.
About Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Weight Watchers International, Inc. provides weight management services worldwide. The company operates through a network of company-owned and franchise operations.
The company, through WeightWatchers.com, offers Internet subscription weight management products to consumers and maintains an interactive presence on the Internet for the Weight Watchers brand. The company provides two Internet subscription offerings: Weight Watchers Online and Weight Watchers eTools. Weight Watchers Online provides interactive and personalized resources that allow users to follow weight management plans via the Internet. Weight Watchers eTools is the Internet weight management companion for Weight Watchers meetings members who want to interactively manage the day-to-day aspects of their weight management plans on the Internet. The company offers these two products in nine countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, and Australia.
Services and Products
Weight Management Plans
The company, in each of its markets, offers services and products that are built upon weight management plans modified to local tastes and habits. These weight management plans comprise a range of nutritional, exercise and behavioral tools and approaches. In 2008, the company began offering the Momentum program in the United States and Canada. The Momentum program is based on the POINTS Weight Loss System, where each food has a POINTS value determined by a patented formula based on the foods calories, fat and dietary fiber. Under the Momentum program, consumers are taught different techniques shown to help them in their weight loss efforts, such as being encouraged to choose specified Filling Foods as part of their daily POINTS Target to keep hunger at bay.
The company sells a range of products, including bars, snacks, cookbooks, POINTS, Weight Watchers magazines and POINTS calculators that complement its weight management plans and help its customers in their weight management activities.
The company offers two Internet subscription products in the United StatesWeight Watchers Online and Weight Watchers eTools.
Weight Watchers Online: Weight Watchers Online is a product based on the Weight Watchers approach to weight management and is designed to attract self-help-inclined consumers. Weight Watchers Online helps consumers adopt a healthier lifestyle, with a view toward long-term behavior modification. Weight Watchers Online allows consumers to learn how to make healthier food choices.
Weight Watchers eTools: Weight Watchers eTools is an Internet weight management offering available to consumers who are Weight Watchers meetings members. Weight Watchers eTools allows users to interactively manage the day-to-day aspects of their weight management plans online, discover different food options, stay informed and motivated, and keep track of their weight management efforts. WeightWatchers.com launched its two Internet subscription products on its U.K. and Canadian Websites. As of December 31, 2009, WeightWatchers.com had approximately 763,000 active Weight Watchers Online subscribers.
The companys Internet subscription products help customers monitor their weight management activities, encourage exercise and an active lifestyle, and provide guidance toward healthier eating habits by offering the following interactive resources: POINTS Tracker, POINTS Calculators, Filling Foods list, Weight Tracker and Progress Charts, Nutritional Guidelines, Hunger Tracker, Fitness Workouts and Videos, Recipe Database, Recipe Builder, Meal Ideas, Restaurant Guides, and Mobile (iPhone ) application.
China Joint Venture
The company, in February 2008, entered into a joint venture with Danone Dairy Asia, an indirect, wholly-owned subsidiary of Groupe DANONE S.A., to establish a weight management business in the Peoples Republic of China. Pursuant to the terms of the joint venture agreement, the company and Danone Dairy Asia own 51% and 49%, respectively, of the joint venture entity, Weight Watchers Danone China Limited. In 2008, the China Joint Venture launched its first weight management services centers in Shanghai, China.
Weight Watchers International, Inc. was founded in 1961.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WEIGHT WATCHERS INTERNATIONAL, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WEIGHT WATCHERS INTERNATIONAL, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WEIGHT WATCHERS INTERNATIONAL, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WEIGHT WATCHERS INTERNATIONAL, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WEIGHT WATCHERS INTERNATIONAL, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Weight Watchers International, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Weight Watchers International, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Weight Watchers International, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Weight Watchers International, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Diversified Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Weight Watchers International, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WEIGHT WATCHERS INTERNATIONAL, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WEIGHT WATCHERS INTERNATIONAL, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WEIGHT WATCHERS INTERNATIONAL, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WEIGHT WATCHERS INTERNATIONAL, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WEIGHT WATCHERS INTERNATIONAL, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WEIGHT WATCHERS INTERNATIONAL, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Weight Watchers International, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Weight Watchers International, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Weight Watchers International, Inc. Major Shareholders
Weight Watchers International, Inc. History
Weight Watchers International, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Weight Watchers International, Inc. Offices and Representations
Weight Watchers International, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Weight Watchers International, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Weight Watchers International, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Weight Watchers International, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Diversified Services Industry Statistics
Weight Watchers International, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Weight Watchers International, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Weight Watchers International, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Weight Watchers International, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Weight Watchers International, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Weight Watchers International, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Weight Watchers International, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Weight Watchers International, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?