- The report contains detailed information about Warwick Valley Telephone Company that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Warwick Valley Telephone Company. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Warwick Valley Telephone Company financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Warwick Valley Telephone Company competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Warwick Valley Telephone Company business.
About Warwick Valley Telephone Company
Warwick Valley Telephone Company provides communication services to the residential and business customers in the United States.
The company provides telephone service to customers in the contiguous towns of Warwick, Goshen and Wallkill, New York, and the townships of West Milford and Vernon, New Jersey as the incumbent local exchange carrier (ILEC). It also provides voice over Internet protocol (VoIP), Internet, and video services. The company also operates as a competitive local exchange carrier (CLEC) in areas that are adjacent to its ILEC territories and beyond.
The company operates through two segments, Telephone and Online.
The Telephone segment provides telecommunications services, including local network services, network access services, long distance services, directory services, and other services and sales.
Local network services: The company's local network services include traditional dial tone, which is primarily used to make or to receive voice, fax or analog modem calls from a residence or business. Included under local network services are custom calling services, such as caller ID, call waiting, voice mail, and other value-added services. These features allow users to display the number and/or name of callers, signal to the telephone user that additional calls are coming in, and send and receive voice messages.
Network access services: The company's network access services connect a customers telephone or other equipment to the transmission facilities of other carriers that provide long distance and other communications services.
Long distance services: These services result from the transport of intraLATA telecommunications traffic (traffic with in its Local Access and Transport Area) to a destination that is outside of a local calling area. The company also provides wire line interLATA long distance (traditional long distance service) to its customers.
Directory services: The companys directory service group publishes and sells yellow and white page advertising in print and online.
Wholesale services The company has expanded its wholesale services with the acquisition of certain assets of US Datanet Corporation (US Datanet). These services provide origination and termination services to carriers, as well as mid-sized and large business customers.
Conference services The company is also providing voice conferencing services with the acquisition of certain assets of US Datanet.
Other services and sales: These services relate to billing and collections provided to other carriers, inside wire, circuit, wireless services, and reciprocal compensation.
Within the telephone business unit, the company has a wholly-owned subsidiary Warwick Valley Long Distance Company, Inc. (WVLD), which resells toll telephone services to its subscribers. In addition, broadband services are provided through the interconnection of its fiber optic network with other carriers.
The Online segment (Online) provides broadband and dial-up Internet access services, VoIP Services, and video over its landline network and in partnership with DIRECTV, Inc., a provider of digital television service (DIRECTV). Broadband Internet and dial-up Internet services allow a customer access to the Internet.
Services and Products
The company provides broadband Internet and dial-up Internet access services using its network and by reselling other suppliers access services. VoiceNet Complete is a hosted VoIP service primarily targeted at small- and medium-sized business customers. The companys Video products enable it to bundle voice, video, and data, the Triple Play, to its customers. The companys Video product offers approximately 140 digital channels. It offers a Triple Play bundle that includes voice, Internet, and DIRECTV. Additional products offered by this segment include banner advertising, domain name registration, and Web hosting.
Orange County-Poughkeepsie Limited Partnership
The company owns an 8.108% limited partnership interest in the Orange County-Poughkeepsie Limited Partnership (O-P). Verizon Wireless of the East, L.P. (Verizon) is the partner and the majority owner and has a 91.892% interest. O-P provides wholesale cellular telephone service throughout the Orange County-Poughkeepsie Metropolitan Service Area.
The companys major customer includes The Universal Service Fund (USF).
Warwick Valley Telephone Company was founded in 1902.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WARWICK VALLEY TELEPHONE COMPANY COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WARWICK VALLEY TELEPHONE COMPANY BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WARWICK VALLEY TELEPHONE COMPANY SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WARWICK VALLEY TELEPHONE COMPANY FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WARWICK VALLEY TELEPHONE COMPANY COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Warwick Valley Telephone Company Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Warwick Valley Telephone Company and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Warwick Valley Telephone Company and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Warwick Valley Telephone Company Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Warwick Valley Telephone Company Industry Position Analysis
6. WARWICK VALLEY TELEPHONE COMPANY NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WARWICK VALLEY TELEPHONE COMPANY EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WARWICK VALLEY TELEPHONE COMPANY ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WARWICK VALLEY TELEPHONE COMPANY IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WARWICK VALLEY TELEPHONE COMPANY PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WARWICK VALLEY TELEPHONE COMPANY VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Warwick Valley Telephone Company Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Warwick Valley Telephone Company Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Warwick Valley Telephone Company Major Shareholders
Warwick Valley Telephone Company History
Warwick Valley Telephone Company Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Warwick Valley Telephone Company Offices and Representations
Warwick Valley Telephone Company SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Warwick Valley Telephone Company Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Warwick Valley Telephone Company Capital Market Snapshot
Warwick Valley Telephone Company Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Warwick Valley Telephone Company Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Warwick Valley Telephone Company Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Warwick Valley Telephone Company Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Warwick Valley Telephone Company 1-year Stock Charts
Warwick Valley Telephone Company 5-year Stock Charts
Warwick Valley Telephone Company vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Warwick Valley Telephone Company vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Warwick Valley Telephone Company Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?