- The report contains detailed information about Volt Information Sciences Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Volt Information Sciences Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Volt Information Sciences Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Volt Information Sciences Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Volt Information Sciences Inc. business.
About Volt Information Sciences Inc.
Volt Information Sciences, Inc. provides staffing services, and telecommunications and information solutions in the United States.
The company operates through three segments: Staffing Services; Computer Systems; and Telecommunications Services.
Staffing Services Segment
Staffing Services Segment: This segment provides a range of employee staffing services to customers in North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific and has expanded its operations in Latin America.
Staffing Services segment, through two divisions, the Technical Resources division and the Administrative and Industrial division, provides a range of services in three functional areas: Staffing Solutions, IT Solutions and E-Procurement Solutions. The Technical Resources division provides Staffing Solutions, IT Solutions, and E-Procurement Solutions, and the Administrative and Industrial division provides Staffing Solutions.
Staffing Solutions provides a range of managed staffing, temporary/contract personnel employment, and workforce solutions. This functional area is comprised of the Technical Placement (Technical) division and the Administrative and Industrial (A&I) division. The employees and contractors on assignment are on the payroll of the company for the length of their assignment, and this functional area also uses employees and subcontractors from other staffing providers (associate vendors) when necessary. This functional area also provides direct placement services and, upon agreement with customers, would allow the customer to convert the temporary employees to permanent customer positions. In addition, the company's Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) services deliver hiring solutions to customers. The Technical division provides skilled employees, such as computer and other Information Technology (IT) specialties, engineering, design, scientific and technical support. The A&I division provides administrative, clerical, accounting and financial, call center and light industrial personnel.
Staffing and other workforce solutions provided by this segment are identified and branded throughout the United States as Volt Workforce Solutions, Volt Services Group, and Volt Technical Resources, throughout Europe as Volt Europe; throughout Canada as Volt Workforce Solutions Canada; in Asia/Pacific as Volt Asia Enterprises; in India as Arctern; and in Latin America as Advice (collectively the Staffing Solutions Group). Business offerings are provided to customers in various industry segments and include temporary/contract employment and referred employee management in a range of categories, including accounting, finance, administrative, engineering, human resources, information technology, life sciences, customer contact, manufacturing and assembly, technical communications and media, and warehousing and fulfillment.
The Staffing Solutions Group maintains a database of available workers to match to employer assignments. Contingent workers are provided for varying periods of time to companies and other organizations (including government agencies and non-profit entities) in a range of industries.
Contingent workers are provided to meet specific customer requirements, such as to a specific project (with employees typically being retained until its completion), to enable customers to scale their workforce according to business conditions, meet a particular need that has arisen, substitute for regular employees during vacation or sick leave, staff high turnover positions, fill in during the full-time hiring process or during a hiring freeze and staff seasonal peaks, conversions, inventory taking and offices that are downsizing. In certain instances, the Staffing Solutions Group also provides management personnel to coordinate and manage special projects and to supervise contingent workers.
The companys staffing solutions also include managed services programs, branded as VoltSource, which provide account management in an on- or off-site capacity that fulfill customer workforce initiatives, improve overall staffing process efficiencies, and manage associate vendor relationships. Its customers, particularly those with
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VOLT INFORMATION SCIENCES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VOLT INFORMATION SCIENCES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VOLT INFORMATION SCIENCES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VOLT INFORMATION SCIENCES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VOLT INFORMATION SCIENCES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Volt Information Sciences Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Volt Information Sciences Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Volt Information Sciences Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Volt Information Sciences Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Volt Information Sciences Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VOLT INFORMATION SCIENCES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VOLT INFORMATION SCIENCES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VOLT INFORMATION SCIENCES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VOLT INFORMATION SCIENCES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VOLT INFORMATION SCIENCES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VOLT INFORMATION SCIENCES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Volt Information Sciences Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Volt Information Sciences Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Volt Information Sciences Inc. Major Shareholders
Volt Information Sciences Inc. History
Volt Information Sciences Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Volt Information Sciences Inc. Offices and Representations
Volt Information Sciences Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Volt Information Sciences Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Volt Information Sciences Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Volt Information Sciences Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Volt Information Sciences Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Volt Information Sciences Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Volt Information Sciences Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Volt Information Sciences Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Volt Information Sciences Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Volt Information Sciences Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Volt Information Sciences Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Volt Information Sciences Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?