- The report contains detailed information about Vivo Participacoes S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Vivo Participacoes S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Vivo Participacoes S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Vivo Participacoes S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Vivo Participacoes S.A. business.
About Vivo Participacoes S.A.
Vivo Participações S.A. provides cellular telecommunications services in Brazil. The companys subsidiary, Vivo S.A. is a cellular operator in the states of Acre, Alagoas, Amapá, Amazonas, Bahia, Ceará, Espírito Santo, Goiás (also encompassing the area of Distrito Federal, or the Federal district), Maranhão, Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul, Pará, Paraíba, Paraná, Pernambuco, Piauí, Rio de Janeiro, Rio Grande do Norte, Rio Grande do Sul, Rondônia, Roraima, Santa Catarina, São Paulo, Sergipe, Tocantins and Minas Gerais through its subsidiary Telemig Celular.
The company provides mobile telecommunications services in all of the Brazilian states in addition to the Distrito Federal, the Federal district, representing a total of approximately 8.5 million square kilometers and a population of approximately 191.5 million people.
As of December 31, 2009, Vivo S.A.s telecommunications network in the state of São Paulo, provided CDMA digital, GSM digital, and WCDMA digital services. Vivo S.A.s network is connected primarily through radio transmission system and a fiber-optic of its own and leased mainly from Telecomunicações de São Paulo S.A., or Telesp. The network consists of cellular switches, base stations and other network elements such as voicemail, prepaid service, short message service, home location registers, signaling transfer point, PDSN and gateways. Vivo S.A.s main suppliers in the state of São Paulo are NEC do Brasil S.A., Nortel NetworksNorthern Telecom do Brasil, Motorola do Brasil Ltda., Lucent Technologies do Brasil, Ind. e Com. Ltda., Huawei do Brasil Telecomunicações Ltda. and Ericsson Telecomunicações S.A.
The company provides voice and ancillary value-added services, including voicemail and voicemail notification, call forwarding, three-way calling, caller identification, short messaging, limitation on the number of used minutes, cellular chat room, and data service such as wireless application protocol service through which clients can access WAP sites and portals.
The company offers direct access to the Internet through Data cards designed to connect compatible PDAs (Personal Digital Assistant, a handheld device that combines computing, telephone/fax, Internet and networking features) and laptops or cellular phones by a cable connection that offers corporate subscribers secure access to their intranet and office resources.
The company also offers new services like Multimedia Message Service and MExE (Mobile Execution Environment), which enables the wireless device to download applications and execute them on the mobile along with a user interface that contains icons on the wireless device to identify the main services (such as Voice Mail, Downloads and text messaging (SMS)) for access to its services.
The company offers wireless roaming services through agreements with local mobile service providers throughout Brazil and other countries, allowing subscribers to make and receive calls while outside of concession areas. The company provides reciprocal roaming rights to the customers of the mobile service providers with which it haa such agreements.
The company also offers certain interactivity services with radio and television providers, allowing clients to listen to radio stations and watch TV channels.
Sales and Marketing
As of December 31, 2009, Vivo possessed 336 sales outlets (92 in São Paulo, 49 in the states of Rio de Janeiro and Espírito Santo, 35 in the state of Rio Grande do Sul, 37 in the states of Paraná and Santa Catarina, 21 in the states of Bahia and Sergipe, 30 in the states of Minas Gerais, 7 in the states that make up the northwest regions of Brasil and 65 in the states that make up the midwestern and northern regions of Brazil). It also has a network of 11,142 authorized retail and resales dealerships. Consequently, Vivo has maintained its market leadership position, with a total of 11,478 points of sale.
Prepaid telephone card recharging was available at 514,584 locations, including own stores, dealers, lottery shops, physical and online card distributors, and at smaller shops, drugstores, newspaper stands, book stores, bakeries, gas stations,
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VIVO PARTICIPACOES S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VIVO PARTICIPACOES S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VIVO PARTICIPACOES S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VIVO PARTICIPACOES S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VIVO PARTICIPACOES S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Vivo Participacoes S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Vivo Participacoes S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Vivo Participacoes S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Vivo Participacoes S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Vivo Participacoes S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. VIVO PARTICIPACOES S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VIVO PARTICIPACOES S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VIVO PARTICIPACOES S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BRAZIL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VIVO PARTICIPACOES S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VIVO PARTICIPACOES S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VIVO PARTICIPACOES S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Vivo Participacoes S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Vivo Participacoes S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Vivo Participacoes S.A. Major Shareholders
Vivo Participacoes S.A. History
Vivo Participacoes S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Vivo Participacoes S.A. Offices and Representations
Vivo Participacoes S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Vivo Participacoes S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Vivo Participacoes S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Vivo Participacoes S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Vivo Participacoes S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Vivo Participacoes S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Vivo Participacoes S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Vivo Participacoes S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Vivo Participacoes S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Vivo Participacoes S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Vivo Participacoes S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Vivo Participacoes S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?