- The report contains detailed information about Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. business.
About Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd.
Viatel Holding (Bermuda), Ltd. operates a pan-European telecommunications network. The company offers various telecommunications products and services, including IP transit, dark fiber, bandwidth, leased line services, managed hosting, colocation services, managed Internet Protocol VPN (IPVPN), Voice over IP (VoIP) and rights of use in capacity.
The companys telecommunications network consists of fiber-optic cable extending approximately 7,014 kilometers and connecting 19 principal cities in 6 countries in Western Europe the European Network. The company offers data communication services to a range of customers that includes small and medium enterprises (SMEs), major corporations, carriers, resellers and systems integrators services.
The company operates in two segments, Retail and Wholesale.
Retail segment offers various primary business retail services. Its services include managed connectivity services, including DIA and xDSL connectivity, allowing the company to offer to its customers various different connection speeds and contention ratios; managed hosting and co-location services, allowing customers to outsource the hosting of their Web sites and IT applications; managed security services, including the management of firewalls; managed Internet Protocol VPN (IPVPN) and Ethernet services, providing connectivity between customer sites; and VoIP, providing, by reference to traditional voice services using the public switched telephone network.
The Viatel managed connectivity services include:
Dedicated Internet Access Broadband: It is an xDSL broadband service, which is designed for the business user. This service is based on a 1-to-1 contention ratio (contention being defined as the various organizations sharing the same bandwidth); in this way, the customer has its own dedicated bandwidth, maximising service performance.
Business and Small Office Broadband: It is an xDSL shared broadband service targeted at small offices and people working from home.
White label broadband: It is an xDSL shared broadband service, retailed under the customers or another third partys brand, offering email, web space and parental control if required.
L2TP xDSL: It is a service that allows third parties to access national shared and uncontended xDSL connectivity for the purpose of overlaying their own IP services.
Dedicated Internet Access: It is a high bandwidth leased line Internet access utilising the companys IP Network and worldwide peering agreements.
The Viatel co-location and managed hosting services include:
Co-location: It is a managed service offering an alternative to an in-house facility. Dedicated full and half racks are available and located in facilities in New York and across Europe.
Managed Hosting: It is a service available on RedHat, Linux and Windows operating systems. This service is a managed, dedicated web and Internet applications hosting solution for business customers. Such applications could be a Web site, an e-business platform or an SAP application.
The Viatel-managed security devices include:
Managed Firewall: It is a managed and firewall solution. A firewall is a set of hardware and software components used for the protection of a network from unauthorised access. Firewalls might be located in the customers premises for DIA and broadband connectivity or in Viatels data centre for managed hosting customers and to secure centralised Internet access from an IPVPN.
Managed Anti Spam & Anti Virus: It is an e-mail scanning service based on a three tier architecture that blocks spam and viruses transmitted over the Internet before reaching the customer network.
The Viatel IPVPN and Ethernet services include:
Viatel Managed IPVPN: It is a communications service utilising a virtual IP network and allowing customers connectivity between sites, remote workers, business partners and their own customers.
Site-to-Site IPVPN: It is an IPVPN service that allows customers to access private data, such as company information, across a public or shared network. The Viatel IPVPN offering takes advantage of various access technologies, such as
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VIATEL HOLDING (BERMUDA) LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VIATEL HOLDING (BERMUDA) LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VIATEL HOLDING (BERMUDA) LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VIATEL HOLDING (BERMUDA) LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VIATEL HOLDING (BERMUDA) LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. VIATEL HOLDING (BERMUDA) LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VIATEL HOLDING (BERMUDA) LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VIATEL HOLDING (BERMUDA) LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VIATEL HOLDING (BERMUDA) LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VIATEL HOLDING (BERMUDA) LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VIATEL HOLDING (BERMUDA) LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. Major Shareholders
Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. History
Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. Offices and Representations
Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Viatel Holding (Bermuda) Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?