- The report contains detailed information about Verizon Communications Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Verizon Communications Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Verizon Communications Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Verizon Communications Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Verizon Communications Inc. business.
About Verizon Communications Inc.
Verizon Communications Inc. provides communications services worldwide.
The company has two primary segments: Domestic Wireless and Wireline.
Domestic Wirelesss products and services include wireless voice and data services and equipment sales across the U.S. Domestic Wireless segment, Cellco Partnership, doing business as Verizon Wireless (Verizon Wireless), is a joint venture formed by the combination of the U.S. wireless operations and interests of Verizon and Vodafone Group Plc (Vodafone). Verizon owns a controlling 55% interest in Verizon Wireless, and Vodafone owns the remaining 45%. Verizon Wireless provides wireless voice and data services across wireless networks in the U.S. and third generation (3G) network. Verizon Wireless provides wireless services in the U.S.
Voice services: The company offers various postpaid plans for voice services. The company offers: nationwide calling plans for individual customers, which provide a choice, at varying price points, of differently sized bundles of minutes of use or unlimited minutes; nationwide family shareplans and nationwide small business shareplans designed for multiple-line accounts; and nationwide business plans targeted to business accounts with approximately 100 lines and national accounts with approximately 1,000 lines.
All of these nationwide postpaid plans include, among other things, Mobile to Mobile Calling, which enables the customer to place calls to, or receive calls from, any other Verizon Wireless customer mobile number without the call time counting against their minute allotment, night and weekend minute allowances, no domestic long distance charges and no domestic roaming charges for calls placed with in the customers coverage area. In addition, these plans also include access to the Internet through its Mobile Web service for an additional charge per megabyte sent or received, depending upon the customers data package. Its voice plan offerings include data service features, such as unlimited text, picture, video, and instant messaging to any mobile number on any network in the U.S. In addition, in 2009, the company launched Friends & Family, which is available to its consumer and business customers on its nationwide calling plans. Friends & Family allows customers, depending upon their calling plan, to place calls to, and receive calls from, 5 to 10 U.S. phone numbers they designate that are not part of the Verizon Wireless network (including domestic landline numbers) without the call time counting against their minute allotment. In addition, beginning in March 2010, its customers using select 3G smartphones would be able to download Skype mobile, an application exclusive to Verizon Wireless.
Prepaid offerings: The company also offers its Verizon Wireless Prepaid service that enables individuals to obtain wireless voice services without a long-term contract or credit verification by paying in advance. All of its Verizon Wireless Prepaid plans include Mobile to Mobile Calling. In addition, its Verizon Wireless Prepaid customers can also access certain of its key data services and offerings, such as its Mobile Web services, Ringtones and Ringback Tones, V CAST and VZ Navigator, for additional fees.
Data services: The company offers its wireless data offerings for both consumer and business customers. The company offers various data services and applications, such as:
Text and Picture Messaging Services: With compatible wireless devices, its text and picture messaging service enables its customers to send and receive text messages, messages with animations and graphics, as well as still pictures, voice, and full-motion video clips with sound. With its premium messaging services, its customers can receive digital content provided by third parties in various categories, including news, sports, entertainment, travel, and weather. Through its Mobile Instant Messaging service, its customers can send and receive instant messages in real time with their wireless devices via AOL Instant Messaging, Yahoo!
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Verizon Communications Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Verizon Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Verizon Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Verizon Communications Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Verizon Communications Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Verizon Communications Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Verizon Communications Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Verizon Communications Inc. Major Shareholders
Verizon Communications Inc. History
Verizon Communications Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Verizon Communications Inc. Offices and Representations
Verizon Communications Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Verizon Communications Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Verizon Communications Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Verizon Communications Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Verizon Communications Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Verizon Communications Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Verizon Communications Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Verizon Communications Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Verizon Communications Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Verizon Communications Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Verizon Communications Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Verizon Communications Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?