- The report contains detailed information about UTi Worldwide Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for UTi Worldwide Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The UTi Worldwide Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes UTi Worldwide Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of UTi Worldwide Inc. business.
About UTi Worldwide Inc.
UTi Worldwide Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. The company operates a global network of freight forwarding offices and contract logistics and distribution centers in a total of 63 countries. In addition, it serves its clients in 81 additional countries through independent agent-owned offices.
The company's primary services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage, and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders, and customized management services. Through its supply chain planning and optimization services, it assists its clients in designing and implementing solutions. The company targets companies operating in specific industries with supply chain requirements, such as the pharmaceutical, retail, apparel, chemical, automotive and high technology electronics industries.
Freight Forwarding Segment
As a freight forwarder, the company conducts business as an indirect carrier for its clients or occasionally as an authorized agent for airlines and ocean carriers. The company typically acts as an indirect carrier with respect to shipments of freight unless the volume of freight to be shipped over a particular route is not large enough to warrant consolidating such freight with other shipments. In such situations, it forwards the freight as an agent for the carrier.
The company's freight forwarding business is primarily conducted through non-committed space allocations with carriers. It arranges for, and in many cases provides, pick-up and delivery service between the carrier and the location of the shipper or recipient. When the company acts as an authorized agent for the airline or ocean carrier, the company arranges for the transportation of individual shipments to the airline or ocean carrier.
As part of its freight forwarding services, the company provides customs brokerage services in the United States (U.S.) and other countries in which it operates. It provides customs brokerage services in connection with a majority of the shipments which it handles as both an air and ocean freight forwarder. The company also provides customs brokerage services in connection with shipments forwarded by its competitors. In addition, other companies may provide customs brokerage services in connection with the shipments which the company forwards.
As part of its customs brokerage services, the company prepares and files formal documentation required for clearance through customs agencies, obtain customs bonds, facilitate the payment of import duties on behalf of the importer, arrange for payment of collect freight charges, assist with determining and obtaining the best commodity classifications for shipments and perform other related services.
Contract Logistics and Distribution Segment
The companys contract logistics services primarily relate to value-added warehousing and the subsequent distribution of goods and materials to meet clients inventory needs and production or distribution schedules. The companys services include receiving, deconsolidation and decontainerization, sorting, put away, consolidation, assembly, cargo loading and unloading, assembly of freight and protective packaging, storage and distribution. The companys outsourced services include inspection services, quality centers and manufacturing support.
The company also provides a range of distribution and other supply chain management services, such as domestic ground transportation, warehousing services, consulting, order management, planning and optimization services, outsourced management services, developing specialized client-specific supply chain solutions, and customized distribution and inventory management services. It has the distribution operation in the Africa region.
In December 2009, the company acquired the remaining outstanding shares of an Israeli subsidiary, Excel MPL-A.V.B.A., LP (EMA Israel), of which the company had already held a 50% ownership interest.
In February 2009, the company acquired the issued and outstanding shares of Multi Purpose Logistics, Ltd., which it has subsequently renamed to UTi M.P.L. Ltd. (MPL). MPL is an Israeli company providing logistics services.
In October 2009, the company acquired the issued and outstanding shares of Tacisa Transitaria, S.L., a Spanish freight forwarder.
UTi Worldwide Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UTI WORLDWIDE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UTI WORLDWIDE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UTI WORLDWIDE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UTI WORLDWIDE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UTI WORLDWIDE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. UTi Worldwide Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of UTi Worldwide Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of UTi Worldwide Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. UTi Worldwide Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. UTi Worldwide Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. UTI WORLDWIDE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UTI WORLDWIDE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UTI WORLDWIDE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UTI WORLDWIDE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UTI WORLDWIDE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UTI WORLDWIDE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
UTi Worldwide Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
UTi Worldwide Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
UTi Worldwide Inc. Major Shareholders
UTi Worldwide Inc. History
UTi Worldwide Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
UTi Worldwide Inc. Offices and Representations
UTi Worldwide Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
UTi Worldwide Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
UTi Worldwide Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
UTi Worldwide Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
UTi Worldwide Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
UTi Worldwide Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
UTi Worldwide Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
UTi Worldwide Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
UTi Worldwide Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
UTi Worldwide Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
UTi Worldwide Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
UTi Worldwide Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?