- The report contains detailed information about TIM Participacoes S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for TIM Participacoes S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The TIM Participacoes S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes TIM Participacoes S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of TIM Participacoes S.A. business.
About TIM Participacoes S.A.
TIM Participacoes S.A., through its subsidiaries, provides mobile telecommunications services primarily using global system for mobile communication technology (GSM) in Brazil. The company offers time-division multiple access technology (TDMA) in addition to GSM.
The company offers value-added services, including short message services or text messaging, multimedia messaging services, push-mail, Blackberry service, video call, turbo mail, wireless application protocol (WAP) downloads, Web browsing, business data solutions, songs, games, TV access, voice mail, conference calling, chats, and other content and services. It provides interconnection services to fixed line and mobile service providers. It also offers its customers third generation services, such as broad band internet access and TV.
The company, through the acquisition of subsidiary, Intelig Telecomunicacoes Ltda. (Intelig), provides the Brazilian market with fixed telecommunications services, for data, local, long distance, and international modalities. Intelig also offers products that are specifically tailored for the corporate segment. Intelig owns a 16,000-kilometer optic fiber network from north to south Brazil, supported by tephone exchange facilities, satellite stations, connections to international networks, and capacity acquired in major submarine cable networks. Intelig has two national operations centers, located in the states of Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo.
Long Distance Services
The company's telecommunications customers in Brazil select long distance carriers on a per-call basis under the Carrier Selection (the CSP) program. For mobile customers, the company offers long distance services to its customers throughout Brazil through its wholly-owned subsidiary TIM Celular S.A. (TIM Celular). This service allows its mobile customers the option of continuing to use its service for long distance calls. Mobile customers of other service providers would also choose to use its long distance service.
Short Message Services (SMS) or Text Messaging: The company offers two-way short (or text) message services, allowing its subscribers to send and receive short messages to and from users of networks of other carriers.
Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS): MMS allows customers the capability to send, in a single message, multiple color images, sounds, and different size text to another mobile phone or e-mail account.
Downloads: The company offers personalized ring tones, true tones, screen savers, business data solutions, games, and video clips for downloading.
Web browsing: Wireless application protocol (WAP) is a global standard designed to make Internet services available to mobile telephone users. WAP allows a micro browser in a mobile phone to link into a gateway service in its network enabling users to browse through different pages of information on the Internet. The company offers e-mail, data and information services, and electronic commerce transactions to its prepaid and postpaid users.
Data transmission: The company also offers general packet radio services (GPRS) to its postpaid and prepaid subscribers through its GSM network. GPRS is a non-voice value-added service that allows information to be sent and received across a mobile network. GPRS radio resources are used when users are actually sending or receiving data. Its network allows customers with devices to use EDGE technology, which is an evolution of GPRS. The company launched 3G services, which is a technology that enhances the portfolio of value-added services (such as TV channels and speed of downloads).
Sales of Mobile Handsets and BlackBerry
The company offers a portfolio of approximately 74 handset models and BlackBerry from various manufacturers, including Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, Sony, Ericsson and BlackBerry, for sale through its dealer network, which includes its own stores, franchises, authorized dealers, and department stores. It focuses on offering an array of handsets and BlackBerry with functionality for value-added services, including equipment that make 3G, GPRS, EDGE, MMS, MP3, tri-band, infra-red, Bluetooth, browsers, Internet, e-mail, and Java available. Its mobile handsets and BlackBerry would be used in conjunction with either its prepaid or postpaid service plans.
Co-billing occurs when the company bills its customers on behalf of another long distance service provider for services rendered to its customer by that carrier. The company also provides co-billing services to other telecommunication service providers operating in Brazil.
Sales and Marketing
The company divides its market into three categories: large business customers (businesses with four or more mobile lines), medium business customers (businesses with approximately four mobile lines), and individual customers.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys services were marketed through a distribution network in Brazil with approximately 8,957 points of sale of which approximately 60 were its own stores. In addition, the company had approximately 365,543 recharging points for prepaid service. The company markets its services through a network of stores, including general retail stores that sell its mobile telecommunications services and related goods.
Mobile Competitors: The company's competitors include Vivo, Claro, and Oi.
Other Competitors: The company also competes with fixed line telephone service providers, such as Oi, Brasil Telecom, Telefonica, and Embratel.
TIM Participacoes S.A. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TIM PARTICIPACOES S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TIM PARTICIPACOES S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TIM PARTICIPACOES S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TIM PARTICIPACOES S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TIM PARTICIPACOES S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. TIM Participacoes S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of TIM Participacoes S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of TIM Participacoes S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. TIM Participacoes S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. TIM Participacoes S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. TIM PARTICIPACOES S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TIM PARTICIPACOES S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TIM PARTICIPACOES S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BRAZIL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TIM PARTICIPACOES S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TIM PARTICIPACOES S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TIM PARTICIPACOES S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
TIM Participacoes S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
TIM Participacoes S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
TIM Participacoes S.A. Major Shareholders
TIM Participacoes S.A. History
TIM Participacoes S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
TIM Participacoes S.A. Offices and Representations
TIM Participacoes S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
TIM Participacoes S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
TIM Participacoes S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
TIM Participacoes S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
TIM Participacoes S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
TIM Participacoes S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
TIM Participacoes S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
TIM Participacoes S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
TIM Participacoes S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
TIM Participacoes S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
TIM Participacoes S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
TIM Participacoes S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?