- The report contains detailed information about Telstra Corporation Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Telstra Corporation Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Telstra Corporation Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Telstra Corporation Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Telstra Corporation Limited business.
About Telstra Corporation Limited
Telstra Corporation Limited provides telecommunications and information services for domestic and international customers.
The company offers a range of products and services throughout Australia and various telecommunication services in certain overseas countries. It has the telecommunications networks, distribution channels, and an integrated portfolio of assets, including BigPond, Sensis, and FOXTEL to deliver services to all of its customers.
The company is organized into the following segments: Telstra Consumer, Telstra Business, Telstra Enterprise and Government, Telstra Wholesale, Telstra Networks and Services, Sensis, CSL New World, and TelstraClear.
Telstra Consumer segment
Telstra Consumer is responsible for: the provision of a range of telecommunication products, services and communication solutions to consumers; and the mass market channels, including inbound and outbound call centres, Telstra Shops, and Telstra Dealers.
Telstra Business segment
Telstra Business is responsible for the provision of a range of telecommunication products and services, communication solutions, and information and communication technology services to small to medium enterprises.
Telstra Enterprise and Government segment
Telstra Enterprise and Government (TE&G) is responsible for the provision of a range of telecommunication products and services, communication solutions, and information and communication technology services to enterprise and government customers; and the provision of communication solutions to multi-national corporations through interests in the United Kingdom, Asia, and North America.
Telstra Wholesale segment
Telstra Wholesale is responsible for the provision of a range of telecommunication products and services delivered over the companys networks and associated support systems to non-Telstra branded carriers, carriage service providers, and Internet service providers.
Telstra Networks and Services segment
Telstra Networks and Services (TN&S) is responsible for the identification, analysis, validation, development, and implementation of product, technology, and information technology strategies for both the network infrastructure and customer solutions of the company; overall planning, design, specification of standards, commissioning and decommissioning of communication networks; construction of infrastructure for company's fixed, mobile, Internet protocol (IP) and data networks; and operation, assurance and maintenance, including activation and restoration, of these networks.
Sensis is responsible for the management and growth of the directories and advertising business (excluding that undertaken by Telstra Media), including printed publications, voice and directory services, location and publishing products, and online products and services; the provision of Chinas online real estate, home furnishings and home improvements portal through the investment in SouFun; and the provision of automotive and digital device Internet businesses in China through the investment in Norstar Media and Autohome/PCPop.
CSL New World segment
CSL New World (CSL NW) is the companys 76.4% owned subsidiary in Hong Kong. It is responsible for providing mobile services, including handset sales, voice, and data products to the Hong Kong market.
TelstraClear (TClear) is the companys New Zealand subsidiary responsible for providing telecommunications services to the New Zealand market.
Telstra Country Wide: Telstra Country Wide (TCW) is responsible for the local management and control of providing telecommunication products, services and solutions to all consumer customers, except those in Sydney and Melbourne, and small business, enterprise and some government customers outside the mainland state capital cities, in outer metropolitan areas, and in Tasmania and the Northern Territory.
Telstra Media: Telstra Media is responsible for the management and control of online and mobile content services and Trading Post classifieds website; and the provision of mobile value added services in China through ChinaM and Sharp Point.
Telstra Cable: Telstra Cable is responsible for the management of the companys investment in the FOXTEL partnerships; and the development and management of the hybrid fibre coaxial (HFC) cable network.
Telstra Corporation Limited was founded in 1901.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Telstra Corporation Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Telstra Corporation Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Telstra Corporation Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Telstra Corporation Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Telstra Corporation Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. AUSTRALIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Telstra Corporation Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Telstra Corporation Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Telstra Corporation Limited Major Shareholders
Telstra Corporation Limited History
Telstra Corporation Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Telstra Corporation Limited Offices and Representations
Telstra Corporation Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Telstra Corporation Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Telstra Corporation Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Telstra Corporation Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Telstra Corporation Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Telstra Corporation Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Telstra Corporation Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Telstra Corporation Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Telstra Corporation Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Telstra Corporation Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Telstra Corporation Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Telstra Corporation Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?