- The report contains detailed information about Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. business.
About Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V.
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. provides fixed-line telephony services in Mexico. The company also provides other telecommunications and telecommunications-related services.
The company has developed a multi-service network in which majority of the lines have the capacity to provide simultaneous transmission of voice and data through a broadband connection. It provides provide voice, data, and Internet access services to 86.9 million people in approximately 8,500 communities.
The company offers local service, long distance service, interconnection, and data services. Other services include sales of computers, telephones, and accessories at Telmex Internacional, S.A.B. de C.V. (Telmex) stores and billing and collection services to third parties. As of March 31, 2010, it had 15.8 million local fixed billed lines in service in Mexico.
The company is a nationwide provider of local telephone service in Mexico. It provides local telephone service to approximately 23 thousand communities throughout Mexico.
Domestic Long Distance Service
The companys nationwide domestic long distance transmission network consists of approximately 31.1 thousand kilometers of optical fiber connecting Mexicos major cities, and includes secondary branches and additional transmission rings throughout Mexico designed to avoid network congestion.
International Long Distance Service
The company is a nationwide provider of international long distance telecommunications services in Mexico. International long distance traffic with the United States, Canada, Central America, and other countries is carried by a combination of fiber optic network, microwave transmission, satellite systems, and submarine cable.
The company provides interconnection service pursuant to which long distance, local, and mobile phone carriers operating in Mexico establish points of interconnection between their networks and its network and it carries calls between the points of interconnection and its customers.
The companys data services segment comprises corporate network services and Internet access service. Corporate networks consist of the transmission of voice, video and data between two or more end points using private circuits. The companys principal product offerings for corporate networks are Ladaenlaces (Ladalinks) and Multi-service Virtual Private Networks, which allows the company to provide different levels of service for voice, data, and video applications. The company also provides specialized assistance and technical support for these applications. It provides network outsourcing services that include maintenance, support, and integration of communication networks and information systems. Internet access services connect both business and residential customers to the Internet through either a dial-up or a broadband connection.
The companys broadband service, Infinitum, allows its customers to use its high-capacity connectivity services with applications, such as video-conferencing, file transfer, terminals and e-mail. Infinitum operates over asymmetric digital subscriber line (ADSL) technology. As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 6.5 million ADSL customer accounts; and it maintained public hot spots in approximately 90 cities in Mexico. It has entered into international agreements to provide its customers with Internet access at approximately 140,000 sites worldwide.
Other Products and Services
The company provides various telecommunications and telecommunications-related products and services that include sales of computers, telecommunications equipment and accessories, public phones, and billing and collection services to third parties.
The company has entered into various agreements with Dish Mexico and its affiliates, which operate a direct-to-home (DTH) pay television system in Mexico. The company is providing customary billing and collection services, customer equipment and access to the Telmex retail distribution network.
The company uses its network of 385 Telmex stores (Tiendas Telmex) to offer its produc
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TELEFONOS DE MEXICO, S.A.B. DE C.V. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TELEFONOS DE MEXICO, S.A.B. DE C.V. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TELEFONOS DE MEXICO, S.A.B. DE C.V. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TELEFONOS DE MEXICO, S.A.B. DE C.V. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TELEFONOS DE MEXICO, S.A.B. DE C.V. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. Industry Position Analysis
6. TELEFONOS DE MEXICO, S.A.B. DE C.V. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TELEFONOS DE MEXICO, S.A.B. DE C.V. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TELEFONOS DE MEXICO, S.A.B. DE C.V. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. MEXICO PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TELEFONOS DE MEXICO, S.A.B. DE C.V. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TELEFONOS DE MEXICO, S.A.B. DE C.V. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TELEFONOS DE MEXICO, S.A.B. DE C.V. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. Major Shareholders
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. History
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. Offices and Representations
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. Capital Market Snapshot
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. 1-year Stock Charts
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. 5-year Stock Charts
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Telefonos de Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?