- The report contains detailed information about Telefonica, S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Telefonica, S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Telefonica, S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Telefonica, S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Telefonica, S.A. business.
About Telefonica, S.A.
Telefonica, S.A. operates as a diversified telecommunications group that provides fixed line and mobile telephony services principally in Spain, Europe, and Latin America.
Services and Products
The principal services the company offers in its fixed businesses in Spain, Europe, and Latin America are:
Traditional fixed telecommunication services: The companys principal traditional fixed telecommunication services include public switched telephone network (PSTN) lines; integrated services digital network (ISDN) accesses; public telephone services; local, domestic and international long distance and fixed-to-mobile communications services; corporate communications services; supplementary value-added services (including call waiting, call forwarding, voice and text messaging, advanced voicemail services and conference-call facilities); video telephony; business-oriented value-added services; intelligent network services; leasing and sale of terminal equipment; and telephony information services.
Internet and broadband multimedia services: The companys principal Internet and broadband multimedia services include Internet service provider service; portal and network services; retail and wholesale broadband access through asymmetrical digital subscriber line (ADSL); naked ADSL (a broadband connection without the monthly fixed line fee); narrowband switched access to Internet for universal service, and other technologies; residential-oriented value-added services (including instant messaging, concerts and video clips by streaming video, e-learning, parental control, firewall protection, anti-virus protection, content delivery and personal computer sales); television services, such as Imagenio, its IPTV business, cable television, and satellite television; companies-oriented value-added services, like puesto integral o puesto informatico, which includes ADSL, computer and maintenance for a fixed price and VoIP services. Telefonica Spain is also providing services based on Fiber to the Home (FTTH), including a new range of products and services named FUTURA. This line of products includes high speed Internet access (approximately 30 Mb), which allows Telefónica Spain to provide its customers with advanced IPTV services, such as High Definition (HDTV) channels, Multiroom (allowing clients to watch different TV channels in different rooms), and Digital Video Recording (DVR).
Data and business-solutions services: The companys data and business-solutions services principally include leased lines; virtual private network (VPN) services; fiber optics services; the provision of hosting and application (ASP) service, including Web hosting, managed hosting, content delivery and application, and security services; outsourcing and consultancy services, including network management, or CGP; and desktop services and system integration and professional services.
Wholesale services for telecommunication operators: The companys wholesale services for telecommunication operators principally include domestic interconnection services; international wholesale services; leased lines for other operators network deployment; and local loop leasing under the unbundled local loop regulation framework. It also includes bit stream services, bit stream naked, wholesale line rental accesses, and leased ducts for other operators fiber deployment.
The company offers various mobile and related services and products to personal and business customers. Its principal services and products are:
Mobile voice services: The companys principal service in all of its markets is mobile voice telephony.
Value added services: Customers in its markets have access to a range of enhanced mobile calling features, including voice mail, call hold, call waiting, call forwarding, and three-way calling.
Mobile data and Internet services: The data services offered include short messaging services (SMS), and multimedia messaging services (MMS), which allow customers to send messages with images, photographs and sounds. Customers may also receive selected information, such as news, sports scores, and stock quotes.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TELEFONICA, S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TELEFONICA, S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TELEFONICA, S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TELEFONICA, S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TELEFONICA, S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Telefonica, S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Telefonica, S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Telefonica, S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Telefonica, S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Telefonica, S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. TELEFONICA, S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TELEFONICA, S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TELEFONICA, S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SPAIN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TELEFONICA, S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TELEFONICA, S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TELEFONICA, S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Telefonica, S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Telefonica, S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Telefonica, S.A. Major Shareholders
Telefonica, S.A. History
Telefonica, S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Telefonica, S.A. Offices and Representations
Telefonica, S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Telefonica, S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Telefonica, S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Telefonica, S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Telefonica, S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Telefonica, S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Telefonica, S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Telefonica, S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Telefonica, S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Telefonica, S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Telefonica, S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Telefonica, S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?