- The report contains detailed information about Telefónica Chile, S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Telefónica Chile, S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Telefónica Chile, S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Telefónica Chile, S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Telefónica Chile, S.A. business.
About Telefónica Chile, S.A.
Telefonica Chile S.A. provides various telecommunications services in Chile. The companys services include local telephone services; broadband services; pay television services; long distance services; data transmission; dedicated lines (direct lines dedicated to a customers exclusive use); terminal equipment sales and leasing; public telephone service; interconnection services (connecting calls from long distance, mobile and local telephone networks to Telefónica Chiles local telephone network); and value-added services (including the sale of telephone numbers, such as 600, 700, and 800 numbers for toll calls, to providers of telephone-based services, and the provision of supplementary services and direct dialing).
The company provides its fixed telephony services through its own digital telecommunications network, including local telephone, broadband, and interconnection services. In addition, the company, through its subsidiaries Telefónica Empresas and Telefónica Larga Distancia S.A. (Telefónica Larga Distancia), provides its data transmissions and domes tic and international long distance services with its own equipment and data and long distance networks, respectively. The pay television service, which utilizes satellite technology is provided by the Telefónica Multimedia Chile S.A. subsidiary. The company holds licenses to provide local telephone service and data transmission services throughout Chile. It also holds licenses to provide long-distance service throughout Chile and internationally through its subsidiary Telefónica Larga Distancia. In addition, the company, through Telefónica Empresas, holds nationwide public service data transmission licenses for an indefinite term.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Fixed Telecommunications Services
The company provides basic telephone services to its customers over the public telephone network in two forms, including regulated plans and minute plans (tariff flexibility plans). Regulated plans include telephone line service (fixed monthly charge) and variable charges that includes local traffic defined as measured local service (MLS) and traffic from local lines to Internet and mobile telephones (local tranche).
The company offers broadband ADSL technology to residential customers, small and medium enterprise customers and corporate clients, as well as to Internet service providers (ISPs) as resellers. The broadband service is primarily used for high-speed Internet access, it also allows the company to offer customers other services, such as virtual private networks (VPNs), security systems with remote monitoring from anywhere in the world, e-learning, wireless connections, intranet IP telephony (voice over IP) for corporate customers, and multimedia applications. The broadband service also allows the provision of value-added services, including online antivirus and firewall protection, parental controls for Internet and computer technical support, both remote and in-home.
Other Fixed Telephony Services
Prepaid Services: The company offers prepaid services, such as Tarjeta Línea Propia (TLP), which allows customers to make calls from any fixed telephone, public phone or enabled mobile phone, and surf the Web on a broadband connection using Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) or through dial-up access. TLP allows customers to refill the super economy line and the bundled prepaid broadband through prepaid or postpaid lines. In addition to the physical TLP, the company also sells an electronic version.
Public Telephones (Payphones): The company offers public telephony services and is responsible for the installation and operation of its own public telephones on public roadways and in indoor areas, the marketing of public telephone equipment to private third parties and fixed telephony installation.
Value-Added Services: The company markets value-added services to its fixed telephone service customers. Such services include caller ID (incoming and call waiting), voice mail, call waiting, call forwarding, control of outbound traffic to mobile phones, information and entertainment services (600 and 700 numbers), itemized local call lists,
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TELEFóNICA CHILE, S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TELEFóNICA CHILE, S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TELEFóNICA CHILE, S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TELEFóNICA CHILE, S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TELEFóNICA CHILE, S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Telefónica Chile, S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Telefónica Chile, S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Telefónica Chile, S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Telefónica Chile, S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Telefónica Chile, S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. TELEFóNICA CHILE, S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TELEFóNICA CHILE, S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TELEFóNICA CHILE, S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHILE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TELEFóNICA CHILE, S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TELEFóNICA CHILE, S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TELEFóNICA CHILE, S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Telefónica Chile, S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Telefónica Chile, S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Telefónica Chile, S.A. Major Shareholders
Telefónica Chile, S.A. History
Telefónica Chile, S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Telefónica Chile, S.A. Offices and Representations
Telefónica Chile, S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Telefónica Chile, S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Telefónica Chile, S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Telefónica Chile, S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Telefónica Chile, S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Telefónica Chile, S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Telefónica Chile, S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Telefónica Chile, S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Telefónica Chile, S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Telefónica Chile, S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Telefónica Chile, S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Telefónica Chile, S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?