- The report contains detailed information about Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP business.
About Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP
Telecomunicações de Sao Paulo S.A. TELESP provides fixed-line telecommunications services in the State of São Paulo. The company provides international and interregional long-distance services.
The company also provides multimedia communication services (serviços de comunicação multimídia or SCM), such as audio, data, voice and other sounds, images, texts, and other information.
As of December 31, 2009, its telephone network included 11.3 million fixed lines in service, 2.6 million broadband clients and 0.5 million Pay TV clients. Of the access lines in service, approximately 72 percent were residential, 23 percent were commercial, 2 percent were public telephone lines, and 3 percent were for its own use and testing.
The companys services consist of: local services, including activation, monthly subscription, measured service and public telephones; intraregional, interregional and international long-distance services; data services, including broadband and other data link services; Pay TV services through DTH (direct to home) satellite technology and land based wireless technology MMDS (multichannel multipoint distribution service); network services, including interconnection and rental of facilities, as well as other services. The company provides interconnection services to cellular service providers and other fixed telecommunications companies through the use of its network.
Local service includes activation, monthly subscription, measured service, and public telephones. Measured service includes calls originate and terminate with in the same local area or municipality of its concession region, which the company refers to as local calls.
The company provides local services to six other states in Brazil, including Sergipe, Espírito Santo, Rio Grande do Sul, Paraná, Santa Catarina and certain areas in Rio de Janeiro. The company provides local telephone services in seven other states in Brazil, including Pará, Roraima, Amapá, Rondônia, Maranhão, Tocantins, and Acre. It also provides local telephone services in Ceará, Amazonas, Pernambuco, Rio de Janeiro, Bahia, Mato Grosso do Sul and Mato Grosso. The company also provides local telephone services in Brasília (Distrito Federal) and Goinia, the capital of the State of Goiás.
Intraregional Long-Distance Service
Intraregional long-distance service consists of calls originate in one local area or municipality and terminate in another local area or municipality of its concession region. Embratel, Br Telecom, and Telemar also provide long-distance services in its concession region
Interregional and International Long-Distance Service
The company provides the range of Fixed Telephone Commuted Service (STFC). It has a concession to develop interregional long-distance services in Region III and an authorization to develop services in the local, intraregional, interregional, and international markets throughout Brazil. Interregional long-distance service consists of state-to-state calls with in Brazil. International long-distance service consists of calls between a point in Brazil and a point outside Brazil.
Telefônica operates in the Regions I and II, expands its long-distance network to the main Brazilian cities, providing services in the main markets with infrastructure based on new generation platforms.
As of December 31, 2009, the company is present in the main cities of Porto Alegre, Curitiba, Brasília, Rio de Janeiro, Vitória, Belo Horizonte, Salvador, Florianópolis, Fortaleza, Recife and Goinia.
The company also provides various other telecommunications services that include basic telephone service, including interactive banking services, electronic mail, and other similar services. The company also provides an Internet service that allows its customers to access its network through remote dial-up connection and services that allow customers of Internet Service Providers to have access to broadband Internet.
As of December 31, 2009, Telefônica was party to 187 local and long-distance interconnection agreements and 91 traffic and transport agreements.
I-Telefónica is a free Internet access service provider. The product is available in 622 cities in the State of São Paulo and approximately 1,500 cities in Brazil. I-Telefónica permits the company to increase the range of its services and supply its customers by offering an entry-level option to the Internet market. I-Telefónica also represents a tool to protect the company against the possible traffic imbalance generated by Internet access service providers. I-Telefónica helps the company keep its dial-up traffic on its own network.
The companys competitors include Oi (formerly Telemar), Intelig, Teléfonos de México, S.A. de C.V. (Telmex) through Embratel and GVT.
The company competes in fixed voice and long-distance services with Telmex (Embratel) and in broadband and pay TV services with the pay TV provider NET Serviços de Comunicação S.A., Vivo (formerly Telesp Celular), which was the incumbent mobile telephone provider in the State of São Paulo and is controlled by a joint venture between Portugal Telecom and Telefónica, Claro, controlled by America Móvil, S.A. de C.V., the cellular service provider in Mexico, America Móvil is controlled by Carso Telecom Group S.A. de C.V., is controlled by Carlos Slim Helú.
Corporate Customer Services
The company offers to its corporate clients telecommunications solutions and IT support designed to address specific needs and requirements of companies operating in a number of different market segments, such as manufacturing, services, financial institutions and government.
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. TELESP was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TELECOMUNICACOES DE SAO PAULO S.A. - TELESP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TELECOMUNICACOES DE SAO PAULO S.A. - TELESP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TELECOMUNICACOES DE SAO PAULO S.A. - TELESP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TELECOMUNICACOES DE SAO PAULO S.A. - TELESP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TELECOMUNICACOES DE SAO PAULO S.A. - TELESP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP Industry Position Analysis
6. TELECOMUNICACOES DE SAO PAULO S.A. - TELESP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TELECOMUNICACOES DE SAO PAULO S.A. - TELESP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TELECOMUNICACOES DE SAO PAULO S.A. - TELESP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BRAZIL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TELECOMUNICACOES DE SAO PAULO S.A. - TELESP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TELECOMUNICACOES DE SAO PAULO S.A. - TELESP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TELECOMUNICACOES DE SAO PAULO S.A. - TELESP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP Major Shareholders
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP History
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP Offices and Representations
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP Capital Market Snapshot
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP 1-year Stock Charts
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP 5-year Stock Charts
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. - TELESP Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?