- The report contains detailed information about Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. business.
About Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A.
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. provides telecommunications services in Brazil. The company offers an integrated communications product portfolio that includes traditional fixed-line, mobile, broadband, ISP, and other services to residences, consumers, small, midsize and large business users, and government entities.
The company unified Oi and Tmar offering bundled packages, including fixed-line, mobile and broadband services. In 2007, the company adopted the Oi brand name for all its products.
The companys concessions and authorizations from the Brazilian government, including those of Brasil Telecom allow it to provide: fixed-line telecommunications services in Regions I and II; long-distance telecommunications services throughout Brazil; mobile telecommunications services in Regions I, II and III; and data transmission services throughout Brazil.
In addition, the company has authorizations to provided fixed-line local telecommunications services in Region III. Region I consist of 16 states of Brazil located in the northeastern and part of the northern and southeastern regions of Brazil. Region I cover an area of approximately 5.4 million square kilometers. Region II consists of the Federal District of Brazil and nine states of Brazil located in the western, central and southern regions of Brazil. Region II covers an area of approximately 2.9 million square kilometers. Region III consists of the State of Sao Paulo. Region III covers an area of approximately 200,000 square kilometers.
The companys telecommunications services consist of: local fixed-line services, primarily in Regions I and II, but also in Region III, including installation, monthly subscription, metered services, collect calls and supplemental local services; domestic long-distance services and international long-distance services primarily from Regions I and II, placed through fixed-line and mobile telephones using long-distance carrier selection codes (Código de Selecao de Prestadora), which is represented by the number 31 in the case of Telemar and the number 14 in the case of Brasil Telecom; mobile telecommunications services utilizing 2G and 3G technology; data transmission services, comprising ADSL services, the lease of dedicated digital and analog lines to other telecommunications services providers and ISPs and corporate customers, IP solutions, and other data transmission services; usage of its network to complete calls initiated by customers of other telecommunications services providers (interconnection services) or by service providers that do not have the necessary network; traffic transportation services; public telephone services (Terminais de Uso Público); value-added services which include voicemail, caller ID, directory assistance and other services; advanced voice services to corporate customers, such as 0800 (toll free) services; the operation of the iG internet portal; and subscription television services.
Local Fixed-Line Services
As of December 31, 2008, the company had approximately 13.9 million local fixed-line customers in Region I, and Brasil Telecom had 8.1 million local fixed-line customers in Region II. Local fixed-line services include installation, monthly subscription, metered services, collect calls and supplemental local services. Metered services include local calls that originate and terminate within a single local area. ANATEL has divided Region I into 2,920 local areas and Region II into 1,772 local areas.
Under its concession agreements, the company and Brasil Telecom are required to offer two local fixed-line plans to users: the Basic Plan per Minute (Plano Básico de Minutos) and the Mandatory Alternative Service Plan (Plano Alternativo de Servicos de Oferta Obrigatória), each of which includes installation charges, monthly subscription charges, and charges for local minutes.
In addition to the Basic Plan per Minute and the Mandatory Alternative Service Plan, the company offers various alternative fixed-line plans that are designed to meet its customers usage profiles.
Telemar offers bundled plans which permit subscribers to purchase unlimited local c
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TELE NORTE LESTE PARTICIPACOES S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TELE NORTE LESTE PARTICIPACOES S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TELE NORTE LESTE PARTICIPACOES S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TELE NORTE LESTE PARTICIPACOES S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TELE NORTE LESTE PARTICIPACOES S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. TELE NORTE LESTE PARTICIPACOES S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TELE NORTE LESTE PARTICIPACOES S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TELE NORTE LESTE PARTICIPACOES S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BRAZIL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TELE NORTE LESTE PARTICIPACOES S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TELE NORTE LESTE PARTICIPACOES S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TELE NORTE LESTE PARTICIPACOES S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. Major Shareholders
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. History
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. Offices and Representations
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tele Norte Leste Participacoes S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?