- The report contains detailed information about Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. business.
About Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A.
Tele Norte Celular Participacoes S.A. provides cellular telecommunications services in a region covering the states of Pará, Amazonas, Maranhão, Amapá, and Roraima in the north and northeast of Brazil.
The companys mobile services use the 2G technology. It is involved in the process of overlaying GSM technology onto its TDMA/Advanced Mobile Phone System, or AMPS, network, which incorporates updated versions of Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution, or EDGE, technology for data transmission. The company offers GSM service to subscribers in 159 localities.
The company offers digital service (TDMA and/or GSM) to subscribers in all the cities in its area, covering 213 locations.
The companys client base operates on GSM network, and the other clients would undergo migration. Its introduction of GSM/EDGE service for subscribers is improving data transmission speed and establishing a base for the sale of continuously evolving mobile products and services. In November 2004, the company began offering GSM/EDGE technology services in certain parts of its area.
The company offers a series of services to prepaid and contract subscribers, as well as business solutions to corporate users. It launched a mobile media application in Latin America named Se Liga, which broadcasts products, services and promotions in the cellular screen when the equipment is idle, through silent and non intrusive messages. In 2007, the company launched new value added service, such as full track downloads, missed call notice, video downloads and mobile payment services.
Through agreements with other mobile service providers, the company offers automatic voice and data roaming services throughout Brazil to its subscribers that allow them to make and receive calls while out of its area. The company has implemented 104 bilateral international roaming agreements in 129 countries for roaming on GSM networks. In addition, the company provides mobile telecommunications services to subscribers of other mobile service providers while they are in its area.
Contract and Prepaid Market: As of December 31, 2007, the company had 1,416,619 subscribers. Its customers base consists of contract subscribers, who pay a monthly fee to enroll in one of the companys rate plans and who are invoiced monthly after services have been provided to them; and prepaid customers who purchase in advance cards that contain a specified number of airtime credits that can normally be used within the 180 day period after the prepaid card is activated. Its contract subscribers consist primarily of higher income individuals who use their handsets for both personal and business purposes.
Sales and Marketing
Independent Distributors: As of December 31, 2007, the company had 530 independent distributors points-of-sales, located primarily in metropolitan centers. Its independent retail network includes retail chains, drugstores and supermarkets with points of sale and active sales promotions.
Company Stores: The company sells telecommunications services, handsets and accessories through company-owned stores and kiosks located throughout its area. As of December 31, 2007, the company had 29 company-owned stores.
Distributors and Marketing: The company, as of December 31, 2007, sold prepaid cards at approximately 25,596 points-of-sale located throughout its area, distributing them through national and regional retail franchise chains, supermarkets, lottery ticket stands, newsstands, banking branches and drugstores.
The companys competitors include Vivo Participações S.A.; Telemar Norte Leste S.A.; Telecom Itália Mobile; and Telemar Norte Leste S.A.
Tele Norte Celular Participacoes S.A. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TELE NORTE CELULAR PARTICIPAçõES S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TELE NORTE CELULAR PARTICIPAçõES S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TELE NORTE CELULAR PARTICIPAçõES S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TELE NORTE CELULAR PARTICIPAçõES S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TELE NORTE CELULAR PARTICIPAçõES S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. TELE NORTE CELULAR PARTICIPAçõES S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TELE NORTE CELULAR PARTICIPAçõES S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TELE NORTE CELULAR PARTICIPAçõES S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BRAZIL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TELE NORTE CELULAR PARTICIPAçõES S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TELE NORTE CELULAR PARTICIPAçõES S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TELE NORTE CELULAR PARTICIPAçõES S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. Major Shareholders
Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. History
Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. Offices and Representations
Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tele Norte Celular Participações S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?