- The report contains detailed information about Stantec Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Stantec Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Stantec Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Stantec Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Stantec Inc. business.
About Stantec Inc.
Stantec Inc. provides professional consulting services in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying and geomatics, project management, environmental sciences, and project economics for infrastructure and facilities projects.
The company operates in four main geographic regions in North AmericaCanada East, Canada West, U.S. East, and U.S. West. The company also has a small presence in the Caribbean and a project presence in several international locations.
Practice Area Specialization
The company provides services in five specialized and distinct practice area groupings: Buildings, Environment, Industrial, Transportation, and Urban Land.
The company provides architectural and engineering design and consulting services through two specialist practice areas, such as architecture and buildings engineering to both private and public sector clients in a range of building types and market sectors across North America and internationally. Its primary focus is the design of health care, retail and commercial, education, sports and recreation, and airport buildings from preconception to postcompletion. The companys core services include project and program definition, facilities planning, architectural design, interior design, and structural, mechanical, electrical, and acoustical engineering for both new construction and existing buildings. For existing buildings, the company offers expertise in performance engineering, building operating systems (including analysis of exterior envelope, air quality, lighting, and energy efficiency), and ongoing tenant improvements. In 2009, the company expanded Buildings practice area through the addition of Granary, a firm that provides project management, planning, architecture, and interior design services to the health care sector through offices in the United States.
The company provides solutions for water supply and wastewater disposal for communities and industry, planning and permitting infrastructure projects, ecosystem restorations, and soil-structure interaction evaluations through four specialist practice areas: environmental infrastructure, environmental management, environmental remediation, and geotechnical engineering. The companys core services in these areas include water supply, treatment, storage, and distribution; wastewater collection, pumping, treatment, and disposal; watershed management; environmental assessment, documentation, and permitting; ecosystem restoration planning and design; environmental site management and remediation; subsurface investigation and characterization; and geotechnical engineering. In 2009, the company expanded Environment practice area through the addition of Jacques Whitford.
The company provides consulting and design services to private, public, and government clients through five specialist practice areas: manufacturing, power, resources, bio/pharmaceuticals, and program & project management. Its main offerings include planning, engineering, project management, and oversight in market sectors, such as oil and gas, renewable energy, mining, linear infrastructure, power transmission and distribution, automotive, forest products, food and beverage, and general manufacturing. The company also provides specialty services in strategic management and in the management of multibillion-dollar client programs. The companys services span the life cycle of projects from inception to decommissioning.
The company offers solutions for the movement of people and goods, primarily to public sector clients, through one practice area focusing on the transportation sector. Its core services include project management, planning, engineering, construction administration, and infrastructure management related to the transportation sector. The company prepares transportation master plans for communities; conducts transportation investment studies; plans and designs airport, transit, rail, and highway facilities; provides administration and support services for the construction of specific projects; and provides ongoing management planning for the upkeep of transportation facilities. It provides services, such as simulation modeling, evaluates the effectiveness of alternative transportation demand and supply management techniques, prepares investment grade revenue studies for funding transportation projects, provides public consultation and environmental assessment skills to build broad public support for infrastructure plans, and designs and implements integrated infrastructure/asset management systems for various types of transportation infrastructure.
The company provides planning, landscape architecture, surveying, engineering, and project management solutions, principally for the land development, real estate, and retail and commercial industries, through four specialist practice areas: commercial program development, planning & landscape architecture, urban land engineering, and surveys/geomatics. The companys core services include, or relate to, the development of conceptual and master plans, development approvals and entitlement, infrastructure design, transportation planning, traffic engineering, landscape architecture, construction review, and various surveying and geomatics services to support the land development industry and other practice areas.
Stantec Inc. was founded in 1954. The company was formerly known as Stanley Technology Group Inc. and changed its name to Stantec Inc. in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STANTEC INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STANTEC INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STANTEC INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STANTEC INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STANTEC INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Stantec Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Stantec Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Stantec Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Stantec Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Stantec Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. STANTEC INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STANTEC INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STANTEC INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STANTEC INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STANTEC INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STANTEC INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Stantec Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Stantec Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Stantec Inc. Major Shareholders
Stantec Inc. History
Stantec Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Stantec Inc. Offices and Representations
Stantec Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Stantec Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Stantec Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Stantec Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Stantec Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Stantec Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Stantec Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Stantec Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Stantec Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Stantec Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Stantec Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Stantec Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?